Skip to content

BG EE Mods and modding tutorials quick links

Comments

• LayneStaleyLayneStaley Member Posts: 40
    @Isaya forgive me but i do not understand some part of the process, can you explain me quickly how i can install the Weidu?
  • CharanCharan Member Posts: 118
    Harsh Faerun mod ver 1.3 is completed. NOW KNOWN AS Battle Enchancer Mod Ver. 1.0.

Most important changes and features:
    - ENEMY CORE AI IMPROVED:
    Most enemies and NPC's have a chance to possess random potions and WILL use them in fight (int check).
    Enemies who use projectile weapons have a chance to possess random magical projectiles they can use and they WILL use them on the player.
    Most enemies and NPC's use TARGET PRIORITY (better protect your squishies).
    Most mages and clerics will now reposition or attack between casting spells.

- GAME BALANCE REVISED:
    Human NPC's and monsters have received buffs by maxing their Hit Points rolls and stats for given levels.
    Critter races have been separated into variety of tiers.
    Some tiers received more significant overall buffs than others. Just try the Gnoll Stronghold now.
    Exp rates revised and rebalanced according to challenge. Some rates went up, some rates went down.
    It should be faster to leave the early game levels but overall pool of EXP per game did not go up too much.
    Note: Most changes were HAND EDITED while stricktly follwing of AD&D rules and progression tables. Take care as the game WILL be HARDER now.

- DROP RANDOMIZER:
    Most enemies have a chance to be in possession of random treasure and will gladly drop it on death
    Drop chance and loot pool depends on the enemy tier.
    Separate tier for spellcasters, which gives a better opportunity to get rare scrolls.
    Some treasures in hidden stashes have been randomized in balancing purpose.
    Drop rates have been adjusted so that during an average game course you will find: around 12 low tier items, around 6 medium tier items and 1-2 Legendary tier items.
    Note: Critters who previously did not drop items did not receive the chance for loot.
    It's impossible to find personalized/one of a kind items (for example, you won't find a second Helmet of Balduran)

- NEW FIGHTS
    Some new encounters and new enemies added.
    Some fight with mages have been reworked to be more difficult and interesting.
    Reworked Ogre Mage fight mechanics to provide an ultimate and unique experience (Enjoy)

- MEETING COMPANIONS AT MAX HIT POINTS ROLLS
    All companions are met at their MAX HIT points rolls, regardless of player's level.
    CrevsDaak
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    @LayneStaley Download it from the link given in the topic I mentionned. Extract the archive somewhere, there will be a file called weidu.exe. Copy it into the game directory, where you have all the mods and the setup-XXX.exe files.
    Then replace all the setup-XXX.exe with a copy of weidu.exe.
    Now you can reinstall the mods (as I already wrote, you should uninstall them first). The first time, weidu will ask to select the language you use for BGEE, choose italian then.
    @Isaya i made how you told me but when i click on weidu.exe there is write "General opitons input" i think that is a a species of guide, when i clck on weinstall.exe nothing happens
    You should not double-click on weidu.exe, this is what give the message you wrote.
    You need to replace setup-XXX.exe from a mod with the newer version of weidu.exe you downloaded. This means duplicating weidu.exe, removing the setup-XXX.exe, than renaming the copy of weidu.exe as setup-XXX.exe (replace XXX by the actual name).
    Then, install the mod with the new setup-XXX.exe.
    @Isaya Thank you very much the kits works :) i try to install the rttkit pack but when i select one of the kit of the rttkit pack the game block, certainly is because the rttkit is not compatible whit BGEE.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Charan added under AI. Sorry for taking so long.
  • EttercowEttercow Member Posts: 13
    Are any of these mods going to be compatible with version 1.2 coming out?
    @Ettercow the fixes will be unnecessary, the gui mods certainly won't work. The other mods should work with no problems.
    *UPDATE* Faiths of Faerun seems to be incompatible with version 1.2. The authors are already working on it.
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    edited November 2013
    @mlnevese The kitpack is incompatible as well...
    Post edited by Fina92 on
    @JosefineS Good to know. I'll create a new category for incompatible mods.
    Fina92
  • AsthnerAsthner Member Posts: 83
    I started a new game with several mods installed. Unfortunately, there are bugs (mismatches in dialog.tlk). Where would be the appropriate place to post a weidu.log to try and get some help with this? One of the installed mods’ topics or here? :)
    Battle Enhancer version 1.1 released

Chagelist:
    - Improved attack target prioretization.
    - Enemies will not attempt to chase weakest or most damaged member of player's group but if KITED, they will start to attack nearest targets instead (exploit prevention)
    - Lowered drop chances for Tier 1 and Tier 2 monsters
    - Incorporated Harsh Times = All shop prices are now higher (balancing the income from additional treasures)
    - Fixed a minor bug where summoned hobgoblins were using Strenght Of One ability like a chieftain creature.
    Losgorn
    @Asthner this is an announcement thread you could try one of the installing mods tutorial threads.
    Asthnerjflieder
    Added a note about 1.2 mod compatibility.

Version 1.2 incompatible mods
    Right now ALL mods that add kits to the game are incompatible with version 1.2.
    Also if you are experiencing crashes in the game, check your portraits folder for "bgee.sql". If you find this file there delete it and the crashes should be solved.
  • DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    Does this include mods that only change existing kits and classes ?
    @Darkersun Those may still work. As a general rule only the mods that add kits are currently not working.
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    A sentient weapon mod has been created, written by me and added to the game by Alkalurops.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/22982/animus-sentient-weapon-mod-released

It consists of a few conversations and is eventually upgradeable.
    Battle Enhancer Ver. 1.2 RELEASED!
    Changes in 1.2:
    - Full compatibility with BGEE patch 1.2 (Rasaad required HP-Reroll due to change in his kit).
    - Improved casters behavior between spell casts. Also they will no longer leave areas when repositioning.
    - Enemies call for help to nearby units that can't see your party. It's no longer possible to lure enemies one by one from the fog of war.
    - Slighty lowered drop chances.
    - Improved potion using mechanism. Now enemies are much more likely to use their magical mixtures and will also do it faster than before.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Fixed Bala's Axe, Wizard Slayer, which now allows the wielder to cast Dispel Magic 1x/day, per the item description.
    CrevsDaak
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I created a mod that adds unique themed weapons for Edwin and Xzar, the Ebon Lash and the Hades Hand+1 respectively.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/23568/ebon-lash-and-hades-hand-for-edwin-xzar
    @Eudaemonium Added under equipment.
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    @mlnevese: could you change the Sword Coast Stratagems title and link to point to here:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/23453/sword-coast-stratagems-is-now-available-for-bg-ee-and-bgii-ee
    @DavidW Updated link and title. Thanks :)
  • StoneSwordsStoneSwords Member Posts: 180
    so I heard there was a new version of weidu now, 235 i think? does this fix the issue with installing kits in BG:EE by any chance?
    No, although it brings things to help updating the kit mods so that they work. WeiDU can't decide by itself what to add in the new files required for kits.
    StoneSwords
  • StoneSwordsStoneSwords Member Posts: 180
    ah, ok, well I'm pretty dumb beyond installing the mods, so I wasn't sure lol
  • SaradasSaradas Member Posts: 148
    My first mod has been released, introducing 7 new spells, 11 epic spells and an unjoinable npc with dialoge http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/23861/bg-ee-mod-saradas-magic-released

take a look :)
    Added Saradas Magic under Equipment and Magic.

@Saradas You made me change one of my categories name. :P
    SaradasItomon
This discussion has been closed.