Skip to content

Custom PC & NPC Portraits

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    @Isandir - Man, you are almost too good at this.
    RavenslightbooinyoureyesJairyannaCrevsDaak
    That's incredible - thank you :)
    JuliusBorisovIsandirCrevsDaakAnduin
  • paul_leonepaul_leone Member Posts: 15
    I love the new, darker Laetitia picture, too. Excellent work!
    jackjackIsandir
  • jdemastjdemast Member Posts: 35
    @Isandir

that is perfect, thank you so much for taking the time to do it! :)
    Isandir
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Isandir said:

Another Isandir masterpiece!

But if I were to critique... the model's expression seems too severe for a bard :p

Come on! Put some emotion into it! Is it a comedy or tragedy you're performing for us?!

jackjackbooinyoureyesIsandirCrevsDaak
    The curse of all head shots - we're not supposed to smile ;)
    HeindrichbooinyoureyesJuliusBorisov
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    jackjack said:

One last thing - I just wanted to say thanks again @Isandir and show off my new character

Jester!

That suggestion was in jest you know.
    jackjackbooinyoureyes
    Hehe I know - I'd already made a Jester, inspired by @SCARY_WIZARD and his real-life ability scores thread, now he has a real-life portrait :D
    lunarCrevsDaak
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632

But if I were to critique... the model's expression seems too severe for a bard :p

Hmm, now that you mention it, I think @jackjack would look great as a paladin.
    jackjackbooinyoureyesJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    Blasphemy!
    booinyoureyesnanoJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Damn, you're getting really good @vierrae. Can we get a non-jpg version (bmp maybe)?
    vierraebooinyoureyesIllustairCrevsDaak
  • vierraevierrae Member Posts: 103
    Thank you! I strive to improve. And here's a bmp.
    booinyoureyesnanojackjackCrevsDaak
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    Very impressive @vierrae. Is there a tutorial somewhere on how you guys do it?

How are half-elf eyes shaped btw? Just asking, I'm sure we can do that ourselves. And thanks!
    vierrae
    Holy cheese that's good vierrae. I won't use it for Neera, but I'm definitely using that portrait.
    jackjackvierrae
  • egonegon Member Posts: 94

Isandir said:

He's a chaotic neutral thief for BG1, and the character concept is refreshingly roguish.

That there most definitely screams rogue, yes.
    Nah. It's screams "Major Richard Sharpe of the 95th Rifles ca 1810". Isandir, did you make this yourself (if so, why model a rogue on Major Sharpe?) or did you take it from someone else's webpage?
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Sorry to all the normal well-mannered people, but I feel this has to be said:
    @egon
    egon said:

Isandir said:

He's a chaotic neutral thief for BG1, and the character concept is refreshingly roguish.

That there most definitely screams rogue, yes.
    Nah. It's screams "Major Richard Sharpe of the 95th Rifles ca 1810". Isandir, did you make this yourself (if so, why model a rogue on Major Sharpe?) or did you take it from someone else's webpage?
    Christ... can you please post a comment on this forum that is *not* an insult?
    Also, this character looks *nothing* like Major Sharpe (I assume you are referring to the interpretation from the Sean Bean series) and he even stated in his post that he modeled it after Game of Thrones (Jaime Lannister in particular)

If you are going to troll on every thread, please at least try to be good at it

So please, I'd like to know how you thought it was "taken from another webpage"
    IsandirjackjackFina92CrevsDaak
  • IsandirIsandir Member Posts: 458
    Two in a row...
    CrevsDaak
    egon said:

Nah. It's screams "Major Richard Sharpe of the 95th Rifles ca 1810".

In order for it to do that, I would have to have the slightest clue who Major Richard Sharpe is. So no. It looks like what is commonly referred to as a "rogue" in a high fantasy setting to me.
    booinyoureyesNonnahswriterjackjackCrevsDaak
  • egonegon Member Posts: 94

Christ... can you please post a comment on this forum that is *not* an insult?
    Also, this character looks *nothing* like Major Sharpe (I assume you are referring to the interpretation from the Sean Bean series) and he even stated in his post that he modeled it after Game of Thrones (Jaime Lannister in particular)

If you are going to troll on every thread, please at least try to be good at it

So please, I'd like to know how you thought it was "taken from another webpage"

Wow, someone has gotten his panties in a twist. I don't know why you are being so immature and hostile but if you aren't old enough to play on the internet without acting like a dick I think it's better for everyone if you just turned off the computer for a while.

Also, that picture looks nothing like Jamie Lannister which is why I asked if it was based on Richard Sharpe. Please stop trolling.

(As it is totally clear that you are unfamiliar with books I'll do you the favour of copying the description of tha characters from the books, as summarized by wikipedia: "He is described as being six feet tall, having an angular, tanned face, long black hair and blue eyes. His most obvious physical characteristic is a deep scar.")
    Isandir said:

text

Eh, dude. How about being able to hold a conversation like an adult? All I did was say that I thought he looked like a very famous character and asked if you based the portrait on someone else's picture. Nothing wrong with that, that's what this entire thread is more or less about.

Now, I thought it was a pretty good protrait of Sharpe as he is described in the books but I thought it was a bit weird to use him as a portrait for a rogue since everyone who knows the character knows he's a warrior and not a thief (at least not any more).
    The fact that you got all defensive and started acting all rude and immature however, suggests that you're ashamed that someone found out that you haven't done all of the work yourself. Otherwise you would be able to take a compliment without feeling the need to defend yourself.
    My apologies if I hurt your feelings and made you sad but in my experience adult people can hold a civil conversation without acting like children.