Skip to content

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Nelnar, now that is strange. Keeper looks for proficiencies from the game files, so they should always come up. I see "NPC Mods" in the background, on the Spellhold Studios site, do you have any mods installed?
  • NelnarNelnar Member Posts: 3
    Yes so I asked Steam to do a backup of Baldur's gate hoping that it would only backup the game files and not all my mods. Then I deleted everything in the folder and did the backup. So now I have BGEE with no mods and EEKeeper is working. Thanks for the quick reply. :-D
    edited January 2014
    @Nelnar, that's very strange, though. Any chance you could list the mods you have had installed so I can check it out. I aim to maximise support for mods as much as I can, obviously.
  • NelnarNelnar Member Posts: 3
    Sorry I only remember a few of them and I didn't get very far in game so I didn't get to see witch ones were working. But the ones I remember were "BP Series Party AI for BG" and a bunch of new npc's for your party. I never got to meet any of the new Npc's or notis the party AI stuff. Either it wasn't working or I didn't get far enough. Sorry I'll probably try some new Mods tomorrow morning. Let you know if it fails again. :-)
  • DeltharisDeltharis Member Posts: 124
    @Nelnar Just for reference - party AI is something you need to manually use by choosing them as AI scripts on character screen. And keep party AI on obviously.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    I don't use EEKeeper often, so I'm probably missing something but... why is it refreshing my spell count? I mostly just do visual tweaks (hair/skin colour, character model) and don't even click most the tabs, yet each time I load an edited game, all my memorized spells are back as if the party had rested.

I'm using EEKeeper version 1.0.2.0 and have no mods installed.
  • HeasHeas Member Posts: 54
    @Silverstar
    In the options sections there is a box that write "memorize spells after save" or something in that line of meaning, untick it and you should be good to go. :)
    edited January 2014
    @Silverstar, that's actually an option. Someone asked something similar back on the first page.

The setting can be found in Settings->Spells...

You can see if the checkbox labelled "Refresh memorized spells on save" is checked. If it is, that means spells will be refreshed as though you rested.

Edit: and ninja'd by @Heas.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Thank you both.
  • hexxactlyhexxactly Member Posts: 40
    I have a Jester (a sideshow knife thrower really, Zlatan "The King of Fling") that I want to be permanently intoxicated. I've tried setting it to 100 and 1000 and both times intoxication has worn off after a time. What is the highest possible number i can set for intoxication?
  • HeasHeas Member Posts: 54
    edited January 2014
    @hexxactly Using affects you mean?
    @Heas you'd think so but it isn't an option in affects. Intoxication has it's on box of the main stats page in ee keeper.
    @hexxactly, I would need to look into it, but I am almost certain that intoxication is designed to be removed upon resting. I do not think there is a way to make it permanent.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Intoxication is controlled by the file INTOXCON.2DA. It sets how fast a character gets intoxicated, how fast they recover, and the maximum intoxication value, all based on the characters Constitution score.

http://gemrb.org/iesdp/files/2da/2da_tob/intoxcon.htm

You could edit the file with Near Infinity to set the recovery rate to 0. If that works, keep in mind that this will affect everyone. So anyone drinking at an inn can get permanently sloshed.

Also, the affects of intoxication are controlled by the file INTOXMOD.2DA. Intoxication levels of 50 or above produce a penalty to luck and a bonus to morale.

http://gemrb.org/iesdp/files/2da/2da_tob/intoxmod.htm

You could edit the file with Near Infinity to set the recovery rate to 0. If that works, keep in mind that this will affect everyone. So anyone drinking at an inn can get permanently sloshed.

I don't think that will produce the desired result. I think @hexxactly only wants it to affect one character.
    Troodon80 said:

I don't think that will produce the desired result. I think @hexxactly only wants it to affect one character.
    Exactly. For RP purposes I want the guy to be an alcoholic. A former circus sideshow knife thrower who accidentally killed his assistant/wife at a show, got fired, lost his confidence, started drinking. Joined other circuses but always ends up accidentally killing his assistants. Now he's blacklisted through out the realms carnivals and circuses. So he tried being a bard for some years so he could drink for free but again, no one will hire him because he only confuses the patrons with his drunken singing and ramblings. So the only things he can do for a living drunk are pickpocketing or adventuring.

Wakes up hung over and immediately hits the bottle. Permanently drunk. I like the idea of a drunk bard/jester-type singing songs that make no sense thus confusing enemies.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @Hexxactly - Hmmmm.... How drunk do you want him, on a scale of 0-100? Keep in mind that drunkness imposes a luck penalty as per INTOXMOD.2DA.

http://gemrb.org/iesdp/files/2da/2da_tob/intoxmod.htm
    @AstroBryGuy cool page cheers! uh 100 seems right. I like my characters to be damaged in some way.

How do I read this gemrb.org page in terms of implementing the info in eekeeper? eekeeper is the only editing program i have working on my mac at the mime. i've tried setting intox at all levels on the ee stat page but the effects always disappear once party sleeps or travels far.
  • SgthawkerSgthawker Member Posts: 31
    @AstroBryGuy Dude, this is hilarious. Fantastic job of helping @hexxactly out, and making his jester work for his buzz! Great job!
  • DreamingViksDreamingViks Member Posts: 87
    edited January 2014
    Does not work to change into skald :(.

I've tried changing Garrick into a Skald, but the bard-song does not update. If I create a new char the bonuses are shown but if I change anyone into a skald via shadowkeeper it does not update. Any ideas?

EDIT: Is there any way to just change the effect of bard song? Or just swap it like an innate skill? I can't find it in any list :(

EDIT2: I guess it's in the affects list, but what is the code for Skald song?

EDIT3: YAY! I fixed it. I created a new bard (Skald) and copied all the affects from that one over to Garrick. Im quite impressed by myself really???
    Post edited by DreamingViks on
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    The simpler way is to set the character level to 0 and let the game do it. Then you edit once more to remove the extra HPs your character will get.
  • DreamingViksDreamingViks Member Posts: 87
    mlnevese said:

The simpler way is to set the character level to 0 and let the game do it. Then you edit once more to remove the extra HPs your character will get.

Do what though? OH well, just glad I made it work somehow.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    hexxactly said:

I have a Jester (a sideshow knife thrower really, Zlatan "The King of Fling") that I want to be permanently intoxicated. I've tried setting it to 100 and 1000 and both times intoxication has worn off after a time. What is the highest possible number i can set for intoxication?

This is the funniest thing I've read in quite some time. XD Thanks for the chuckles!
  • TPSullivan1TPSullivan1 Member Posts: 30

EDIT3: YAY! I fixed it. I created a new bard (Skald) and copied all the affects from that one over to Garrick. Im quite impressed by myself really???

Although everyone in the forums are great at helping, I take a lot of pride in learning how to mod/tweak/make something happen in my game. When I can't figure it out, I ask for help, but you got it to work.

Well done, figuring it out by yourself!
  • nsrnsr Member Posts: 174
    edited January 2014
    Is it possible to add the "use custom directory" option to the "Import Characters" dialog as well? The option in the "Import Save" dialog works well when I copy my iPad save over, but I'm not able to open character files from my custom location
    It's not too critical since my workaround is to create a save with the character I want to edit, edit the character in the save, then load the save game and then export the character again. But this is quite cumbersome.
    @nsr, sure, I will add that in the next build. :-)
    @MuppetLovers, thank you very much for that. You got a smile out of me with that post. What can I say, I am a patient person. :-)

If you do happen to want to start answering questions, I certainly have no objections.

You do have a point about the topic taking people directly to the latest post (so unless people specifically look at the first page, they will not even see the FAQ), but that's not something that will be fixed. I will settle for politely answering the questions and pointing to the first page. I don't mind repeating myself. :-)
  • MuppetLoversMuppetLovers Member Posts: 6
    Like I said:
    You are a Saint,
    And a Gift,
    & Possibly an Angel sent from God.
    :)