Skip to content

the clock is no longer ticking. It has ceased to tick

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @zenblack‌
    I said it was my thinking in my very first phrase of my previous post. I don't know why you have to tell me what I already know, it sounds aggressive and un-respectful for me.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    This thread is in dire need of some musical tick tock ambience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-5RgaYJNHQ

Also you can't trust decimal clocks. Use optical lattice clocks instead. :)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Looking at http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/15358/drizzt-killed-solo-in-10-seconds-no-hacks-mods-summons-cheats-or-cheese/p5 thread being currently discussed again I can say this forum is comeing back to its best. Before that countdown has appeared it seemed the activity here was decreasing.

So, the clock has already had an immediate effect:) I want the result of that countdown to be even more mind blowing. Raagh!
  • zenblackzenblack Member Posts: 100
    Your princess is in another castle paladin.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Countdown to extinction.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Is this like the Fallout 4 clock? :\
  • wigglesgwigglesg Member Posts: 96
    I'd say it was most likely the Android version as it is no longer mentioned on the site. But I'd hope there's something more to it than that!
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    meagloth said:

cmk24 said:

meagloth said:

Heinrich said:

Could this be the mythical Adventure Y?

My guess is the Android release. Once that is out of the way maybe they can focus more on bug fixing.
    Does the play store have a review period like apple? I assume they do, and a countdown wouldn't work for this. Apple held bg2 for a month after beamdog submitted it, without any explanation.
    The play store does not have any review period, only apple does silly things like that.
    But certainly it can't be so immediate that they could have a countdown?
    Seeing as they started using the Google Play store for the Android beta, and there is already (paid) early access of the full game for people signed up for the beta, it is about as hard as hitting a single button to make it public (ok, I may be exaggerating here, they probably have to go through several menu options to do this, but you get the idea). So I think it is very possible this is what the countdown is for.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited April 2014

Also you can't trust decimal clocks. Use optical lattice clocks instead. :)

Hey more respect for Martian traditions we're nice peo... wait we're not actually people... well you get the idea...
    Post edited by mlnevese on
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited April 2014
    Threads merged... if anyone finds any other threads about the countdown let me know.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    I agree that it is most likely about the Android version. Seems "to me" to be an awful lot of pomp and circumstance around the launch, but who am I to say?

I can still hope that it is the announcement of something new and shiny.
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    ADVENTURE Y! ADVENTURE Y! ADVENTURE Y! ADVENTURE Y!
  • chbrookschbrooks Member Posts: 86
    I'm hoping for an Adventure Y announcement or something else in addition to an Android game. Seems pretty weak to me for a countdown clock to get put up for the Android release of a game that is now nearly two years old.
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    At least, after they finish Android, they have empty hands to work in something that matters.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853

At least, after they finish Android, they have empty hands to work in something that matters.

Lol! That's not an elitist attitude at all bud ;)
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    Quartz said:

Lol! That's not an elitist attitude at all bud ;)
    Indeed.
  • winterswinters Member Posts: 252
    Ah great, the countdown ends at 5 AM my time so by the time I'm up and conscious the forum will already be full of rants/expressions of joy/dissapointment/complaints/threats/broccoli necromancy/werebears/more or less unrelated offtops. YAY :]
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited April 2014
    Yea its kind of weird because according to the countdown its ending at like 8pm edmonton time. Kind of late in the day!
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    elminster said:

Yea its kind of weird because according to the countdown its ending at like 8pm edmonton time. Kind of late in the day!

It would actually be 9pm Edmonton time.
    edited April 2014
    Awong124 said:

elminster said:

Ohh yea you are right. :)
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    elminster said:

Awong124 said:

elminster said:

Stupid daylight savings time.
    Awong124 said:

elminster said:

Awong124 said:

elminster said:

Stupid daylight savings time.
    Nope that is not the issue since I'm in Canada. More like old age :D
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    bengoshi said:

Midnight (12 a.m.) in Sao Paolo, from Thursday to Friday

Midnight in Buenos-Aires, from Thursday to Friday

I have yet to find any city named 'Sao Paolo' in the planet, Ilmater's hairy buttcrack, I've yet to find any saint named 'Paolo' to gave its namesake - maybe an Italian Mafia boss?

And I have also yet to find any source indicating the use of a dash between the Goods and Airs of the Queen of the River of Silver, as @CrevsDaak‌ can attest.

Your wrongdoings are among the gravest of offenses, ones which should be punished by gentle maceration of the ear canal through force-listening to the latest Justin Bieber album. What would you do if I suddenly called New York 'Nu Yawk', London 'Londão' or Edmonton "Edimoto" - you'd think of me uncultured, if not outright intellectualy challenged, right? Now take a guess of what your actions make transparent to the those who boast satisfactory grey matter processing power.

Of course this is a farce in case you're wondering - I'd obviously not lower myself to such a level in a futile attempt to educate the unenlightenable - nor would it prove to be beneficial to the advancement of the transcendent to try and bring a transient closer to their dogmas.

Nay, I truly jest - my being is just trying to "have a laugh" as @jackjack‌ describes, by this one's very strange standards, might my person add. That's me - trying to boil your brains in milk gravy through my grandiose vocabulary and childish insults - and deriving pleasure from ingesting them, disregarding the innate risk of prion diseases and coronary maladies that come from consuming such organs.

Now, for the third time, just to keep in line with the rules of Planescape, in the simplest of forms: I am joking, as evidenced by my obvious use of a satiric persona in this text, which no one but a certain madman from Baumschneis has enough mental instability to comprehend.

In closing, I'd like to congratulate @bengoshi‌ for having sufficient intellectual capacity to correctly establish a connection between time zones and the end of the countdown on the official homepage for the Gates of Balduran. And I also want to make transparent that I am evidently under psychosis, which means I'll have to inject Diazepam in my butt so it will reach my bloodstream and affect my brain, effectively knocking me out until my own judgement is not clouded by my insanity.
  • cognoscentuscognoscentus Member Posts: 65
    That's just my biological clock.

Please disregard....

Did someone say "Anthrax" and "time"????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be7iNHw8QoQ

• AurorusAurorus Member Posts: 201
    Loub said:

I have yet to find any city named 'Sao Paolo' in the planet, Ilmater's hairy buttcrack, I've yet to find any saint named 'Paolo' to gave its namesake - maybe an Italian Mafia boss?

San Paolo is in Brazil and is Portugese for Saint Paul, the apostle to the Gentiles. It is also one of the sites where the World Cup will be played in the coming months unless social disorder completely closes down the city, as I have it from friends who live in San Paolo, that the city is on the edge of knife right now, with violence against the government possible at any moment.
  • TasrayaTasraya Member Posts: 15
    I'm quite sure @Loub knows where São Paulo is, and was merely overplaying the minor typo in the original wording. ;)