Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Well, the corpse is pretty scanitly clad.
    Permidion_Stark
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Minsc... butt kicking time. Paladins keep the Lich away from the ladies.

*Tiaxina dives in to attacks with the flame blade and mace.*

OOC: This mace and gauntlet combo should be good
    *Kivan shoots at it with arrows*
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Protction from evil
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    DM aside: And Dean turns into- Un-Dean!

There is no effect from the turning.

TIAXINA smashes the thing with the mace. There is a loud roar that echoes through the crypt... The flame blade catches the bandages on fire. Arrows stick in the thing...
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Alora hides in the shadows and tries to sneak around the edge of the fight to search in the funerary stuff for something that may be of use in defeating Kivan's new girlfriend.
    Kivan... it is made of bone. Use your mace for goodness sake, Tiaxina is in need of your strength
    Detect evil
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    I shoot it too.
    TIAXINA smashes it again and again, and the being seems to explode into a cloud of glimmering fragments. As it does, there is a deep rumble from within the earth...
    Boots of speed! Boots of speed. Alora hears the rumble and runs back up the passage.
    Uh oh. Rumbling bad. Is the tiara included in the cloud of glimmering fragments?
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Posts: 201
    edited August 2012
    OOC: hahaha @ladyrhian watching a football match at the same time xD
    I'll stand guard and wait everyone has passed safely.
    "What!? You want me to go near that thing!? It's so gross... fine..."

*Goes in with mace and shield.*
    Calm your nerves friends. This was not the foul lich. Tiaxina has had more trouble with Asps on this adventure than this fraud of a creature. All must not be as it seems.
    Everyone stand back! It's a trap! It's not the lich!
    @Jhart1018 Nope, in fact, there is a jade coffer and fine leather bag there along with the tiara.
    edited August 2012
    *Looks inside leather bag, but waits for someone to detect for traps on the coffer.*
    Woohoo! I make a note of the loot and devote myself to determining the source of the rumbling.
    The crypt rocks and creaks and small stones rain down from the ceiling. It seems like it's going to collapse, but... it doesn't. A cloud of dust puffs out into the corridor, but everything remains standing.
    Alora returns and points out that she wasn't running away she was just checking no one was sneaking up on us from behind. And it is okay, there isn't.
    The rumbling stops, everything goes quiet. It appears to have been some kind of... illusion. And normally, a pretty effective one, it would seem, from how many of you were ready to flee.
    edited August 2012
    *Voice: Stay, let everyone run in fear and you can collect the loot. Do not fear, if you were to die Tiax shall rise in your place to greatness, ascending to his rightful place among the gods*

It, it is all an illusion. Tiaxina has not steered you wrong yet companions, you mean the world to her and she will do her best to keep them safe.

*Tiaxina walks over and examines the Jade coffer*
    The mace crumbles away, and you notice that the couch is also still there, and still made of gold.
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    You call that a Lich, lesser beings as that are unworthy of a temple of such beauty as this. Tiax, be so kind and hand me that Mace of Disruption, for that MUST be what it was to do such beauty. Only a true bringer of death should wield such a weapon against the evil inside. Let evil destroy evil, you are no longer worthy of your goal.
    Alora notes that Kivan went straight for the fine leather bag and thinks that he is quite metrosexual for a half-elf who talks like Clint Eastwood.
    Alejandro
    How sad, you were found unworthy to wield it. So be it.
    "It's European!"
    Permidion_Stark
    A golden sofa, only for those lazy enough to stay here. We must continue on, find us a way and I shall continue.