Skip to content

#ConfessionsofaBhaalspawn

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Sjerrie said:

Confession: I have resumed my very first Black Pits II playthrough, and I remembered pretty quickly why I put it on hold in the first place. Denneton's voice acting.

Except for that one time in the beginning when he says "rrrrriiiiigggghhhtttttt....." That was good. The rest was crap. But that was good.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited April 2014
    I would take one that just says:
    "So sayeth the wise Alaundo" across the back.
  • winterswinters Member Posts: 252
    Confession: I haven't played BG in over two days now!
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Confession: I could wear a t-shirt that says: "I'm a Miniature Giant Space Male"
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235

Confession: I really wish I could dual from ranger to mage... I want an arcane archer.

Confession: the only reason my most beloved Charname was a fighter/mage is because ranger/sorcerer is impossible. Dual-wielder in my case though.

If I am not mistaken though @Ploughed_Jester, there's a mod out there with a sharpshooter (fighter) kit. Could be interesting to dual/multi that to mage...
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Jenzafar said:

Confession: every time somebody says "BGEE" I think of this.

Confession: I loved that album when I was a kid.

Corollary Confession: I am old enough to remember the album and the movie. :-/
  • Ploughed_JesterPloughed_Jester Member Posts: 93
    @Sjerrie Unfortunately, it's a thief kit, and while that shouldn't be a huge problem, it tweaks me a bit. I really don't want poison for that character even though it'd be useful... same for traps. It is what it is.
    @Apocrypha I agree that Neera's questline has some lore consistency problems, but what's that about her being a wild mage?
  • badbromancebadbromance Member Posts: 238
    Confession: I have never used Belm or Kundane EVER and I don't really know why.

Confession: After all these years I still can't settle on a class and play through all of BG2 and it is quite frustrating..
  • ApocryphaApocrypha Member Posts: 105
    edited May 2014
    @Sjerrie: The description of a wild mage says they study and train exclusively in the use of wild magic, trying to master and control pure chaos. Neera's description is that she can't control her magic, so sometimes it comes out wrong. That's more a sorceress who doesn't know how to control herself than a wild mage.

So not only does she break lore, she also irritates my main CHARNAME by insisting she's a wild mage when, in fact, she's not.
    edited May 2014
    @Apocrypha I get your point (I remember some of her backstory now), but 'study and training in' does not automatically mean 'control of'. Also, wild mages specialize in wild magic, the word exclusive might not be that appropriate.

The way I see it, Wild Magic is strange and exciting and slightly unpredictable even in the best of circumstances, and that's what draws Neera to it. If wild magic could be fully controlled, would it still be wild magic?

Confession: I have only had Neera in a party once, and it was and still is the first wild mage I ever used.
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    I think @Sjerrie‌ is right, Wild Magic just wouldn't be wild magic anymore if someone would be able to control it.

That being said, I might be remembering this wrong, but I remember sometimes when casting a spell without NRD and getting a wild surge. Though, its rare.

Confession: I played a wild mage once, and got a wild surge that petrified my character.
  • ApocryphaApocrypha Member Posts: 105
    edited May 2014
    @sjerrie: Point taken. Even at high levels you can get bad surges, so it goes to show that while you can control wild magic, you can't perfectly do so, if that makes sense. Still, I always interpreted being a wild mage as jumping into a new field of magic for whatever reason and trying to learn it. Neera's backstory has no mention of her studying it and every mention of her not being able to control the magic she was born with, so that says "Sorceress" to me.

Confession: My first ever wild surge came during the fight with that assassin at the FAI. It turned my CHARNAME bright orange :P

Confession: My last wild surge (with that first wild mage) was during the Ascension-Amelyssan fight in TOB. It Held my CHARNAME, who was promptly gibbed by Slayer-Imoen.
    Post edited by Apocrypha on
  • iuventasiuventas Member Posts: 95
    Apocrypha said:

Addendum Confession: I regret nothing of the Sarevok Romance.

I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE.
    Gods, I'm not the only one here who adores it, that's great.
    @Apocrypha Confession: my best wild surge was the aforementioned cow-met (as in comet, get it? xD ), my worst was Neera turning herself into a man...

Confession addendum: instead of trying to turn Neera back, I reloaded...

Minor Confession: I am now intrigued about the Sarevok romance.