Skip to content

The Road to v1.3 (BG:EE), Phase III

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited May 2014
    @molloy, I don't suppose you could upload a screenshot of the problem? Edit: regarding the tooltips, that is.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    We've got a fix for it coming already, actually. Something like that is pretty easy to spot once you know it's there.
  • molloymolloy Member Posts: 105
    edited May 2014
    So, then you don't need the screenshot anymore? I could upload one, if needed.

And this fix is coming to the Appstore too? Yes?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Yep; when it's ready we'll push it to all the major platforms (sorry, Virtual Boy).
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Dee said:

Yep; when it's ready we'll push it to all the major platforms (sorry, Virtual Boy).

Staring at Safana's avatar for so long damaged my eyesight. :(
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    kaguana said:

@Dee are you planing by any chance to add that red button loot option to BGEE???

I think it was mentioned before, but there is a mod that brings the quick loot bar into BG:EE if you want it working now:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/31069/bg-ee-gui-mods-grey-gui-and-gui-from-bg2-ee/p1
    or if you don't want the entire BG2:EE GUI you can copy the one file that contains the quick look button into your override folder (I have tested this on both the PC and android and it works fine):
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/493562/#Comment_493562

The reason this works is the quick loot functionality is already in BG:EE, the button just needs to be added to the GUI.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    edited May 2014
    @cmk24 thank you for the info maybe I'll use that option for now :) but I'll rally like it officially in the game and not as a mod because it is something they can be added officially, that why I ask @Dee about it.
  • dam23dam23 Member Posts: 30
    @Dee any chance this one fix will be implemented in 1.3 ?

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/22916/game-crashing-on-rest#latest

It seems a few of us have been bitten by it, and I can only assume many people who didn't voice their problem also got hit by it too.

Can't wait for the patch to hit, too bad Steam people cannot help with beta testing :(

• SweetMagooMagoodleSweetMagooMagoodle Member Posts: 40
    PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATCHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

When!?!

Sigh.

My rote playthrough of mass effect for the thousandth time is not helping... I tried Skyrim but, bleh. Just marking the days until I can start another BGEE run through with new patches...

Sorry, but every now and then, a man needs to vent.

Is Beamdog the next GRRM? Is the patch book 6 -- tantalizingly close but oh so distant?

i kid, because I love...

: )
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    MAH PATCH!?!?!?!?
  • SweetMagooMagoodleSweetMagooMagoodle Member Posts: 40
    Hodor!
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    Hodor? Hodor!!
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    If this translation isn't in the patch I will be disappointed.
  • TheSargeTheSarge Member Posts: 20
    Hodor. :)
  • notkingnotking Member Posts: 134
    Hodor
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

My rote playthrough of mass effect for the thousandth time is not helping... I tried Skyrim but, bleh. Just marking the days until I can start another BGEE run through with new patches...

Try NetHack or either Dwarf Fortress, those aren't for the Hodor type of guy but they are really, really addicting.

Hodor. Hodor hodor hodor HODOR!! Hodor hodor HO-dor, hodor hodor. Hoooodor, hodor!
  • KaiDanKaiDan Member Posts: 14
    Have you guys put in that camera lock yet?
  • JessicaJessica Member Posts: 29
    So tell me, what is the point of having a x/y tested list or status update area when it isn't updated? Even reading through the comments it just leaves me wondering "how much is left?" "how long give or take would i expect them to take (pending difficulties)?"
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    My take is the whole testing phase is now obsolete since the Android version of the game is already out and it's the same version number as the next patch for PC. I might be mistaken, though.
  • GodKaiserHellGodKaiserHell Member Posts: 398
    The "Road to X" system doesn't work anymore.
  • EffinyEffiny Member Posts: 378
    Adul said:

My take is the whole testing phase is now obsolete since the Android version of the game is already out and it's the same version number as the next patch for PC. I might be mistaken, though.

Hmmm..My personal tip is, that this patch worked with Android, but devs stumbled over some bug(s) in PC version. As usually...:-/ Dee's announcement from 3.5. looked promising, as he wrote that the devs approached the release the patch 1.3. Since then I'm obsessively checking this forum for new updates. Now I know how Xzar feels most of the time...
  • jak_drizztjak_drizzt Member Posts: 3
    Hello everyone, i'm new to the forum and...I hope to be writing in the right place.
    I'm having a real problem with the game and I really hope that some of you might have an advice for me.

I've been playing BG EE with two friends of mine: two of us with a Windows machine and a Beamdog site downloaded game; the other with a Mac and a game downloaded from the apple store.
    We were playing online together without any problem 'till the Mac player absent-mindedly downloaded an update that set his game to V. 1.3.2049 while ours is 1.2.0.

Since then, we were unable to play with the Mac guy.
    I've searched a bit on the internet but coudn't find anyone else in our position so i'm here, in this update discussion, asking for your help.
    Does anyone of you know of a way to solve my problem?

- The apple store now offers only the 1.3.2049 version;
    - The guy isn't familiar with backups, so there's no way to restore a previous versions of the game (or, at least, so i think...)
    - We haven't seen any update for the Windows version (and, if i've understood rightly, it was long anticipated, but not yet realeased, i'm I right?)

Any suggestion?
    Thanks in advance and, please, forgive my basic english.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @jak_drizzt‌ My best suggestion is to wait maybe a week or so. The patch should hit other systems very soon. Once you can get the patch you should be able to play again.
This discussion has been closed.