Skip to content

New Power Word spells

After just threatening Dee with Power Word 'Tickle' (in order to get the 1.3 patch released), I started thinking there's a lot of potential here with these power words. It'll be entertaining to see what you all can come up with. After presenting your newly christened power word, maybe suggest what spell level you think it should be as well. I figure 'Tickle' would probably be 2nd level as it would be pretty distracting to any enemy who wasn't a complete grump...
jackjackWolkJuliusBorisovFinaLfrontlolienbooinyoureyesSoren_The_Wild

Comments

• SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    edited May 2014
    Power Word: Kitties. It makes the target cough up a number of kitties equal to half their Constitution score. 9th Level spell, because of a cat's Nine Lives. If the target is tall enough that the cats would realistically break on falling, the cats are affected as by a fly spell, because feather fall is not enough, and cats want to get to the top shelves.

It's pretty much a gate to the Demiplane of Cats, just effective for kitties.
    Balrog99JuliusBorisovjackjacklolien
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    edited May 2014
    Balrog99 said:

You've sparked my imagination with the kitty thing. How about Power Word 'Hairball'? I'm picturing Puss-in-Boots from Shrek 2. That's got to be at least level 5!

A big slimy ball that acts like an entangle or a web covered in acid. :( IS THIS A 3E SPELL IT'S GRAPHIC ENOUGH TO BE also it's slippery and smells and nauseates. Also no Magic Resistance/Spell Resistance.
    Sharess' do not entitle individuals in the area to a Saving Throw versus Poison. Charisma of the caster might cause viewers to fawn and offer belly-rubs or back-pats. Comeliness stands in for Charisma in such campaigns.
    JuliusBorisov
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    lolien said:

Power word: beard. Everyone became bearded, those, who already have will have thicker and longer. Those, who fail their saves vs. polymorph get a -2 charisma. Dwarfs get +2 charisma.

Power Word: Shave
    Makes the target completely hairless by desintegrating all the target's hair.
    lolienQuartzJuliusBorisovWolk
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited May 2014
    Power Word: Plot

Causes wild plot twists or plot holes in the target game. When used on the game Neverwinter Nights it has the side effect of causing confusion in players as to whether a power word is an arcane spell or a critical plot item.
    CrevsDaaklolienJuliusBorisov