Skip to content

The General Questions Thread

Comments

• StormvesselStormvessel Member Posts: 654
    Sergio said:

Question: what's the experience cap?

8,000,000 XP for the entire trilogy unless I'm mistaken. Someone more knowledgable might want to verify that - it may be different for the Enhanced Editions.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited June 2014
    @Sergio In BG1:EE it is 161,000. In BG2:EE it is 8,000,000. Not sure about the black pits...
    jackjack
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Sergio said:

It's the maximum amount of XP any of your characters can get in the game - if you get more, it just is not added to your overall XP, you don't level up any more etc.

89,000 XP for vanilla BG1

161,000 XP with Tales of the Sword Coast

161,000 XP for BG:EE

8 000 000 XP for BG2:EE

You can get a simple xp-cap remover at http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/10212/a-simple-xp-cap-remover
    Ravenslight[Deleted User]jackjack
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited June 2014
    Sergio said:

@Sergio‌ 161,000 in bg1. A lot in bg2 if your playing with a party, it doesn't really matter unless you're solo.
    *sees the 7th page* oh, ah.... I see someone else got to you. Sorry.
    [Deleted User]jackjack
  • dun93oncrawlerdun93oncrawler Member Posts: 24
    Please tell me how to escape durlag's labyrinth level 3. I've been stuck in here for over a week
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307

Please tell me how to escape durlag's labyrinth level 3. I've been stuck in here for over a week

The same way you came in... Through the fireball room.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    JuliusBorisov
    edited June 2014
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Elrandir
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Sergio said:

1- can you ally with karoug? I tried to but he says that I'm mocking him.

2- Can you leave peacefully with the garoug?

[spoiler] only with SCS, but in some of my last runs I died on the Island so there's a long time I don't go there, so I can't remeber well.
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]
    edited June 2014
    elminsterJuliusBorisov
    I can't go through the fire room. all the doors on the labyrinth level 2 are locked and operated from inaccessible mechanisms. If you can help me out of here I'd be ridiculously grateful but if you can help me reset the 4 bosses to get me to the chess game, I'd be eternally grateful.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2014

I can't go through the fire room. all the doors on the labyrinth level 2 are locked and operated from inaccessible mechanisms. If you can help me out of here I'd be ridiculously grateful but if you can help me reset the 4 bosses to get me to the chess game, I'd be eternally grateful.

Sorry you are going to have to explain this. Is the issue that one of the 4 guardians didn't summon or that when you killed the 4 guardians you weren't teleported to the chess room?

Looks like this was a bug present in the original BG1 (or possibly just SCS I'm not 100% sure).

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/231/bugfix-durlag-s-tower-level-3-no-teleportation-to-chess-room

My recommendation would be to activate the console and then move your party to the chess area.

Should be

CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("ARD006")
    Post edited by elminster on
    StormvesselJuliusBorisov
    I have never completed Durlag's Tower - I usually only go for the Wisdom Tome and then leave - because I can hit the xp cap without doing it and by the time I am at a sufficient level I am usually eager to start on BG2.

However this time I really want that Two Handed Sword +3 and would really like to get it early (because by the time I am a high enough level to make the tower easy I am pretty much done with the first game, anyway).

If anyone knows a shortcut on how to get that sword with as little pain as possible (without cheating), I would really appreciate it.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Stormvessel‌

Durlag's Tower is my favourite dungeon in BG1 and even if I take BG2 into consideration I still think this dungeon is one of the best. I absolutely vote for you to complete it. It is worth it. To see locations, to know a story, to overcome interesting traps and enemies. Try it. At least once you should go till the very end of Durlag's Tower.

As for your question, you can get this sword only by winning a chess game (I won't say anything else about it because you should see it yourself) at the 3rd level of Durlag's Labyrinth.
    StormvesselThacoBell
    Q:
    Is the Druid HLA spell "Greater Elemental Summoning" supposed to have a chance of a double summon?

I've had Sunnis & Zaaman Rul both turn up on more than one occasion... To the absolute ruin of my enemies!

Seems OP?
    bengoshi said:

@Stormvessel‌

Durlag's Tower is my favourite dungeon in BG1 and even if I take BG2 into consideration I still think this dungeon is one of the best. I absolutely vote for you to complete it. It is worth it. To see locations, to know a story, to overcome interesting traps and enemies. Try it. At least once you should go till the very end of Durlag's Tower.

As for your question, you can get this sword only by winning a chess game (I won't say anything else about it because you should see it yourself) at the 3rd level of Durlag's Labyrinth.

Rats, and I was hoping that somehow perhaps there were some potions I could use and a way to sneak in and get right to the Chess game without the rigmarole. I can dispatch the 4 dwarf phantoms easy enough, it's just all the traps and return trips outside to sell make the dungeon very tedious for me. But I will press on and finish it because you do make it sound pretty epic.
    JuliusBorisovRavenslightjackjack
    abacus said:

Q:
    Is the Druid HLA spell "Greater Elemental Summoning" supposed to have a chance of a double summon?

I've had Sunnis & Zaaman Rul both turn up on more than one occasion... To the absolute ruin of my enemies!

Seems OP?

OK, that's it - I'm finally going to swallow my hatred for hippies (joke), accept the true neutral alignment, and roll a druid. :P

Everything I've been hearing lately makes them sound freaking awesome.
    abacusjackjackElrandir
    abacus said:

Q:

Seems OP?

Technically I don't think they are but it could be a result of the games probability system. Are you running any mods?
    edited June 2014
    @elminster‌
    No mods... I'm a complete tech noob who gets twitchy using eekeeper!

Jaheira was the potent summoner... The only non-normal element in the run was Minsc rocking as a Barbarian.

Edit: It is on Mac though... If that has any relevance.
    elminster
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Sergio said:

can you play multiplayer on a modded game?

For the best outcome you'll want to make sure the person playing multiplayer with you has the same mods. But yes its possible.
    jackjack[Deleted User]
    Thanks for the reference Elminster and I killed all the bosses and it wont teleport me to the chess board and I've saved since I finished them so it sounds like all I can do is go back to the save I made just after installing the expansion :(

Thanks for the reference Elminster and I killed all the bosses and it wont teleport me to the chess board and I've saved since I finished them so it sounds like all I can do is go back to the save I made just after installing the expansion :(

Sorry can you clear up something. Are you playing the original BG1 or Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition?
    edited June 2014
    abacus said:

@elminster‌

Jaheira was the potent summoner... The only non-normal element in the run was Minsc rocking as a Barbarian.

Probably just a case of the games probability system being out of wack. How often does it happen?
    edited June 2014
    Sergio said:

elminster said:

Sergio said:

can you play multiplayer on a modded game?

For the best outcome you'll want to make sure the person playing multiplayer with you has the same mods. But yes its possible.
    Thank you. By the way, in Multiplayer, how do you choose who is Gorion's son?
    I assume it is whoever has control over the top left character in the character arbitration screen. Otherwise it would probably be the person who created the game.
    jackjack[Deleted User]
    elminster said:

abacus said:

@elminster‌

Probably just a case of the games probability system being out of wack. How often does it happen?
    It happened often enough to be especially noticeable on that particular run (maybe 3 or 4 out of 10 castings?)… Not had a high level druid in company since though.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @abacus That is a bug with some of the various staggered probability spells in the game. It would be very difficult to fix without messing everything up so I wouldn't expect it to be fixed any time soon, if ever (which is very disappointing to me). The only workaround for avoiding this bug is to turn off the round end and spell cast auto pauses until you finish casting the spell. The elemental summoning spells usually work but there are other spells that were hit much harder such as Alchemy (the HLA).
    elminsterjackjack
  • BladesBlades Member Posts: 167
    What is in the works? I am looking for info about what additional content will be released for BG:EE and BG2:EE. Is there an IWD:EE coming, etc....not looking for rumors, just what is confirmed going to be created?