Skip to content

The Road to v1.3 (BG:EE), Phase IV

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
edited August 2014 in The Road to v1.3 (BG:EE)
We're pushing an update to the Windows and Mac beta builds now. The full patch notes for this entire patch are in the next post.

Phase IV: Seal of Approval

Before we release this patch to customers, we need you to tell us that this version of the game meets your standards of quality. So grab the latest version of the beta and play it, all the way through if you can. Then fill out the form below to let us know whether or not we should release the patch. If it doesn't, tell us why and we'll do our best to address the problem.

When we have received confirmation from five-hundred people that this patch is ready for release with no major outstanding issues, we will release the patch.

Submit the Form
Release the Patch! (211 / 500)
Counter Reset from 109 on 6/27/2014 at 4:48pm PST
Post edited by Dee on
mch202BalquoelminsterMessiCahirAntonlolienJuliusBorisovEffinyhook71ChowRadnonHurricanekaguanaAnduinCrevsDaakcmk24SCARY_WIZARDFlashburnNecdilzoralish74DarkDoggjackjackEtaminTroodon80dreamtravelerHeindrichKerthaltatokDiscoCatNonnahswriter[Deleted User]Edvin_Luke_palpfikszonsantosfcM7700BmlokoArchaicMichailDaralon87peko621Raistlin82NokkenbuervariattWillyML4TheotianhamillxhartiIstvraethestillwindkeeperklbtyMoRidinVixentAskenwingerlelag200csiegen19

Comments

• OtakuOtaku Member Posts: 42
    We'll wait and see what happens
  • PwnziePwnzie Member Posts: 4
    Just bought both EE versions on steam. "Seal of approval" phase sounds solid enough to me, guess I'll start with this. If there is any good reason not to, let me know. The release version doesnt look bug free anyhow.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    Since the previous discussion ( Phase III) has been closed and I received no confirmations....
    With the release of this patch (1.3), are the developers going to improve the overall stability of the games ( both BG:EE and BG2:EE) ?
    I mean, the so called AoE spells ( striking cloud, Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting, prismatic spray, Death Spell, Death Fog, Color Spray, Cloudkill, etc...), multiple enemies in the same area, casting multiple spells at a time ( i.e. After having cast a "Time Stop") still lag the game ( especially on old devices like my iPad 2 ( version 1.2) ) ...
    Any confirmation of that?
    how the heck do I get this with the game bought on steam?
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    @Pwnzie I'm pretty sure you need to buy direct from Beamdog in order to qualify for beta access.
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/30515/sign-up-for-beta-access-windows-mac-only
    jackjackelminster
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Messi said:

There seems to be a small problem with highlighting items with tab.

1. Create new game with Abdel
    2. Enter the Candlekeep Inn and go into the kitchen.
    3. Click on the shelf there.
    4. Move mouse over the dagger item and press tab.
    5. Instead of "dagger" the scroll will read "noblewoman"

If you loot the item and then view it through the inventory window it will display the item name correctly.

Thanks for the head's up; we'll have a fix for that shortly.
    Luke93 said:

Since the previous discussion ( Phase III) has been closed and I received no confirmations....
    With the release of this patch (1.3), are the developers going to improve the overall stability of the games ( both BG:EE and BG2:EE) ?
    I mean, the so called AoE spells ( striking cloud, Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting, prismatic spray, Death Spell, Death Fog, Color Spray, Cloudkill, etc...), multiple enemies in the same area, casting multiple spells at a time ( i.e. After having cast a "Time Stop") still lag the game ( especially on old devices like my iPad 2 ( version 1.2) ) ...
    Any confirmation of that?

Stability has definitely improved, I can tell you that much. Specific devices are going to have varying levels of performance, especially when using the high-graphics effects you mentioned, but you should see a little bit of a boost.
    Itomon_Luke_
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    Great, thank you Dee!
    TJ_Hooker said:

@Pwnzie I'm pretty sure you need to buy direct from Beamdog in order to qualify for beta access.
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/30515/sign-up-for-beta-access-windows-mac-only

Oh. -_-

So, dear Beamdog, how about you simply release the patch public so I can dl it? :P

• mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Murphy's law works!! I just asked if it will take also 2 month for BG:EE patch and than suddenly the thread is closed and this one came up :)

EffinyCrevsDaak
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    On a side note, the scope of changes is immense. I haven't even thought BG:EE had so many things to fix. I expect that a number of fixes for BG2:EE will be even more, to the length of the whole forum page:)

Thumbs up!
    Effinylolien
  • EffinyEffiny Member Posts: 378
    Eeeek! I can't believe this! Phase No. 4 and counter that is moooving! :-))) Wooohooo!!
    jackjackJuliusBorisovlolien
  • psyactpsyact Member Posts: 81
    210 items not included the items included in this patch? That's insane.

If you're actually attempting to create a truly bug-free version of Baldur's Gate, well, that might be the most ambitious goal I've ever seen in the dev world. I don't envy any of you.
    lolien
    psyact said:

210 items not included the items included in this patch? That's insane.

If you're actually attempting to create a truly bug-free version of Baldur's Gate, well, that might be the most ambitious goal I've ever seen in the dev world. I don't envy any of you.

There's a fair bit of overlap between our internal list and what you see up there; the list in our patch notes combines a few things, and then there are some things that we've done that you won't notice as much.

The goal is always to create a bug-free experience. I don't think any developer spends time trying to make a game filled with bugs. Unless you count Sim Ant, I guess.
    jackjackelminsterlolienKristijonas
  • Daralon87Daralon87 Member Posts: 236
    bengoshi said:

Woohoo! Haven't expected this. We've waited for so long that, to tell the truth, I haven't the slightest idea of when the next stage comes.

At last the 0/721 counter is behind us. It's so good.

Let's hope the new 0/500 counter won't stay dead for several months! Believe!

Let' play with "Counter Strike" :-P
    lolienCrevsDaak
  • EffinyEffiny Member Posts: 378
    bengoshi said:

Woohoo! Haven't expected this. We've waited for so long that, to tell the truth, I haven't the slightest idea of when the next stage comes.

At last the 0/721 counter is behind us. It's so good.

Let's hope the new 0/500 counter won't stay dead for several months! Believe!

Haha, we basically wrote the same thing, Bengoshi. :-D I posted my stuff right after I saw Phase 4 section. Then I read your stuff. :-))
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    From what I played so far the game looks good, tho it a pity there is no loot quick button like in BG2EE
    jackjackJairyannalolien
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    kaguana said:

From what I played so far the game looks good, tho it a pity there is no loot quick button like in BG2EE

That's pretty disappointing D:
    kaguanaronaldomeagloth
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    edited June 2014
    Dee said:

Combat music no longer continues forever in certain situations (Killing Shank is a good example)

For some reason the music still playing tho I'm not in combat and the game act normally as it let me save the game and all the stuff out of combat, I needed to reload the game so the music will disappear. It not always happening but it still does from time to time.

Btw really nice adding of details to the tab button :)
    lolien
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    Golems can't be backstabbed anymore? Welp.
    elminsterlolienQuartz
  • StraylightStraylight Member Posts: 9
    edited June 2014
    -Dorn and Shar-Teel now correctly fight to the death after their final argument-

Is there a way to avoid that fight or does that mean they are destined to duke it out making them another incompatible npc-pair (like Edwin/Minsc)? I was looking forward to having them both in my evil playthrough but that sounds like it's just a matter of time until one gets killed.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Thanks for the font size slider! This make playing the game much easier for me :D
    Wandering_Minstrel
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    Also, the game still doesn't keep on going if you go to the inventory or character screen without pausing the game? Because I liked how Icewind Dale didn't do that: it'd allow me to mess around with character inventories or just look up stuff while they walked from one end of the map to the other.
    Chow said:

Also, the game still doesn't keep on going if you go to the inventory or character screen without pausing the game? Because I liked how Icewind Dale didn't do that: it'd allow me to mess around with character inventories or just look up stuff while they walked from one end of the map to the other.

Correct; the game will still pause automatically if it wasn't already on any screen except the Map.
  • TakklemaggotTakklemaggot Member Posts: 2

-Dorn and Shar-Teel now correctly fight to the death after their final argument-

Is there a way to avoid that fight or does that mean they are destined to duke it out making them another incompatible npc-pair (like Edwin/Minsc)? I was looking forward to having them both in my evil playthrough but that sounds like it's just a matter of time until one gets killed.

Assuming it still works the way that it did when I manually changed the necessary variable to trigger the fight in the current version, once one of them dies they are immediately raised from the dead. There is even post-fight dialog.
    Effiny
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    After reading the patch notes, I think I will have to keep waiting another at least several months until I will play Baldur's Gate. This sucks.