Skip to content

The General Questions Thread

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Elrandir said:

The Hell Trials: This is a very late game series of trials which have varying rewards based on your choices. The stat changes are as follows:
    Good: +1 WIS and CHA
    Evil: +2 CON and STR

In vanilla BG2 you actually got +3 STR, first +1 and then +2, but well, it's changed in the EE.

Also, in vanilla BG2 you could get CON, CHA, DEX (if you found something to drain DEX) and STR to 25 by draining them with an item that has the Modify [stat you wanna change] opcode with the type of the value set at 'Set at value' (e.g. Crom Faeyr, Ring of Human Influence, all the stat-setting items). But it was a horrible exploit and can't be counted by thus.
    Also you could avoid getting a -1 to DEX in the Good Path in Hell, by making the Held character open the last door before it got Held :P
    You can also get a 96h stat increase from the Deck of Many Things, but you won't be able to get the +1 to your prime stat that way.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    bengoshi said:

CaloNord said:

On the subject of ioun stones, does anyone actually use them? While poking around with the EEKeeper I found those wonderful Circlets (like many others) which also appear to have an in game model to, which is uber cool. I'd love to add those to a store later on! :) They'd be a wonderful option for mages who are very strapped for choice when it comes to stylish head attire...

And not only this. These stones prevent getting critical hits for mages and bards.

I use them and there're some I like a lot.

Bronze Ioun Stone helps to memorize a bonus 7th level spell.

Lavender Ioun Stone gives +1 bonus to AC and +4 to all saves vs death

Pale Green Ioun Stone gives +10 % bonus to hit points and +1 bonus to THAC0.

Pearly White Ioun Stone regenerates 2 hit points every minute - you can use it before a rest or before moving between locations.

Later in the game you can get Wong Fei's Ioun Stone that gives +15 to Max Hit Points , +1 Bonus to AC and the ability to regenerate 1 hit point every 6 seconds
    Let's see... If I look at my last ToB save I have the lavender on meagloth(sorcerer) gold on imoen(int +1, so she can cast level 9) and silver in arie(wis +1) I also have a circlet on rasaad that gives bless and immunity to charm or hold of simething like that. I think it came from his ToB quest, but it's been a while.
    @meagloth‌ you only need 18 to WRITE level 9 spells in your Spellbook. Not to memorize them.
    CrevsDaak said:

@meagloth‌ you only need 18 to WRITE level 9 spells in your Spellbook. Not to memorize them.

Oh. Whatever.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited July 2014
    That potion must give you the feeblemind status condition, one of the few things barbarian rage does not protect against.

Also Gallor only goes crazy if he can see the doomsayer when you give him the idol. Otherwise he just gets away.
    Can you actually save nalia's father, or is he dead no matter what?
    edited July 2014
    He's dead, Jim!
    Tresset said:

He's dead, Jim!

Is that a no?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Yea its a no
    elminster said:

Yea its a no

Alright,, good to know. Now I don't feel bad cheese resting.

One more thing. How do I link to a specific comment in a page, intense of just the top, or latest?

• dementeddemented Member Posts: 388
    SionIV said:

I think you have to look at it from a more real-life perspective. You have a person that is stalking someone, probably a very beautiful woman (that wants nothing to do with him AND has put a restraining order up). His hide in shadow and move silent are impressive to say the least, but if he does get caught stalking her then he needs to be able to escape from the authority.

Haste -> Run away faster.
    Protection from normal missile -> Dodge any shots fired at him.
    Minor spell deflection -> Prevent yourself from getting caught by spells (hold, slow, sleep).

So they are tools that will keep a stalker alive and out of prison for a longer period of time.

Wow, I don't think I'll be able to look at the stalker kit in the same way again. I had always thought they were designed to be protectors of the forest and spies for good against evil, not creepy perverts.
    edited July 2014
    demented said:

SionIV said:

I think you have to look at it from a more real-life perspective. You have a person that is stalking someone, probably a very beautiful woman (that wants nothing to do with him AND has put a restraining order up). His hide in shadow and move silent are impressive to say the least, but if he does get caught stalking her then he needs to be able to escape from the authority.

Haste -> Run away faster.
    Protection from normal missile -> Dodge any shots fired at him.
    Minor spell deflection -> Prevent yourself from getting caught by spells (hold, slow, sleep).

So they are tools that will keep a stalker alive and out of prison for a longer period of time.

Wow, I don't think I'll be able to look at the stalker kit in the same way again. I had always thought they were designed to be protectors of the forest and spies for good against evil, not creepy perverts.
    Everyone is a creepy pervert if you know what you're doing. Nothing is so sacred that someone cant pervert it.
    edited July 2014
    meagloth said:

elminster said:

Yea its a no

Alright,, good to know. Now I don't feel bad cheese resting.

One more thing. How do I link to a specific comment in a page, intense of just the top, or latest?

I believe you click on the time (or day) that comment was made.
    Why are monsters not effected by my jesters song? It just floats over the heads of these umber hulks and trolls, they don't even roll to save.
    Tresset said:

Umber hulks are immune to confusion. Trolls are immune to just about everything.

Of course they are. The irony of a room of umber hulks confused, killing each other would be just to wonderful, would it not?
  • NeroNero Member Posts: 16
    Hey guys I was using Hexxat today and she was taking like eight or so hits from a Hareishan vampire without suffering a single level drain. Anyone know if Hexxat is immune to level drain, or if she made eight save vs. deaths?
    Hmm... Did you go to Dragomir's tomb yet?

There are two Hexxats. One should be immune and the other shouldn't be immune.
    *Tresset rereads the above post.*

@Nero‌ OH! She is NOT getting drained? Yeah, she is a vampire and as such she can't be drained by vampires.
  • NeroNero Member Posts: 16
    edited July 2014
    @Tresset Yeah this is post-dragomir Hexxat, and she wasn't getting drained which is freaking awesome! So yeah I believe that's indeed the case, thanks.
    That's pretty nifty.
  • Gonzo100100Gonzo100100 Member Posts: 30
    Hello, my question is about offhand THACO. In my character details it says Off-hand THACO: 13 but in the inventory or the little box which suppose to sepresent THACO values says 15. So, which one is right and why the information is different?
    @Gonzo100100‌ it's a known bug with the Kensai of THAC0 bonus not being correctly applied to the Off-hand (well, they aren't applied at all). IIRC the same thing happens with the Swashbuckler.
    I don't know if its in the beta yet but the good news is that the fix will be in 1.3.
    So, does it mean that Kensai in off-hand has the same THACO as normal warrior would have? +1 hit and damage rolls every 3 levels doesn't apply to off-hand but it applies to main-hand correctly I hope?;p It won't be a big loss if a character using 2 weapons has x attacks per round because x-1 attacks go to main hand and olny 1 is for off-hand, right? Anyway, based of what you said it seams that the bug applies to the information from the inventory and it's displayed correctly in the stats list in the character screen and the most important question is, which value is used in the combat? The bugged one from the inventory or the correct one from the character information list?
    edited July 2014
    Apparently the fix is in the BGEE beta. From what I'm reading of @Tresset 's report on this its just a visual issue. You should still be getting the bonus for both hands when it comes to combat. Bug report #7314
    Ok, I see;] I'm glad it's only visual. Thanks for the answer. :)
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    I want my hands on that Beta damn it! :'(
    meagloth said:

Tresset said:

He's dead, Jim!

Is that a no?
    @meagloth‌ Wait a minute! So you post a meme with Captain Kirk in it and you don't know what that means? Tsk tsk tsk.