Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    CrevsDaak said:

It is possible to kill gorion before leaving candlekeep. Atleast in original game. You have to deal alot of dmg fast. 200? 300? Ive done it for laughs with a char i imported.

If you dont kill him fast he lightinc bolts you and you die from it no matter hp. The game ends no matter what though.

Actually, he kills you with a scripted action of Kill(Player1) when attacked. I like using AoE damaging spells to kill him (Incendiary Cloud is the best alternative).
    Yeah maybe so it was like a decade since i did it
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477

This may be common knowledge, but I'll give it a shot anyway.

Did any of you know that Montaron's voice actor, Earl Bowen, was in "The Terminator" movie playing as "Dr. Silberman" with Lance Henricksen (Admiral Hackett of Mass Effect) and reprises his role as Dr. Silberman in Terminator 2: Judgement Day and Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines?

They dont sound alike at all! That was a fun fact
    I know, but he IS Montaron's VA, I swear!
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264

Tresset said:

There is a global variable called ImTooSexyForMyBrus. Someone has a sense of humor...

If you're serious, what does it do?
    @Nokkenbuer‌ I am not sure exactly, but it obviously has something to do with Brus, who is Gaelan Bayle's nephew/messenger.
  • tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457

This may be common knowledge, but I'll give it a shot anyway.

Did any of you know that Montaron's voice actor, Earl Bowen, was in "The Terminator" movie playing as "Dr. Silberman" with Lance Henricksen (Admiral Hackett of Mass Effect) and reprises his role as Dr. Silberman in Terminator 2: Judgement Day and Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines?

They dont sound alike at all! That was a fun fact
    I know, but he IS Montaron's VA, I swear!
    The fear, the adrenaline. it makes you imagine crazy things, impossible things...
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    edited July 2014
    I got two more!

Did any of you know that Jim Meskimen, Khalid and Edwin's voice actor also voices two characters from Avatar: The Last Airbender, Lieutenant Jee and General How?

Also, did any of you know that by being one of the publishers of the original edition of Baldur's Gate with Black Isle, Interplay was redeemed from the horrible reputation of their own D&D Forgotten Realms related game: "Descent to Undermountain"?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264

I got two more!

Did any of you know that Jim Meskimen, Khalid and Edwin's voice actor also voices two characters from Avatar: The Last Airbender, Lieutenant Jee and General How?

Also, did any of you know that by being one of the publishers of the original edition of Baldur's Gate with Black Isle, Interplay was redeemed from the horrible reputation of their own D&D Forgotten Realms related game: "Descent to Undermountain"?

There are a LOT more voice actors that were in both Avatar and BG. I know for certain Cam Clarke and Kevin Michael Richardson were also in both. It would probably be a safe bet to say Jim Cummings was in Avatar too knowing him...
  • tokarev748tokarev748 Member Posts: 27

I got two more!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJgiLrprGGE

Thats why I heard the tavern music in the game
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    SethDavis said:

Did you know that there's a "Game Options" in the ini called "Super Atomic Speed Fighting Action" and that it's secretly one of the most amazing hidden features of the game?

What that does is really queer! It make enemies phase every 1 second to a random location, maybe dispelling their effects and then applying them again... It's funny, but still I prefer the game as it is without that .ini option ;)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • terzaerianterzaerian Member Posts: 232
    edited August 2014
    Tresset said:

I got two more!

There are a LOT more voice actors that were in both Avatar and BG. I know for certain Cam Clarke and Kevin Michael Richardson were also in both. It would probably be a safe bet to say Jim Cummings was in Avatar too knowing him...
    Well I guess I need to watch Avatar, then! THANKS OBAMA

Oppenheimer's quote is from the Bhagavad Gita. The full quote (from Wikiquote):

We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita; Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and, to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.

Is it just me or does it seem like there is a great dearth of movies about the Manhattan Project? There is so much potential for a good drama/thriller there, and it was just a crucial factor in the war as D-Day or Iwo Jima (mainly in that it saved us having to repeat both in Japan), while still having a lot of thought-provoking ambiguity.
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    edited August 2014
    @DJKajuru ...Hmm, Australia and/or Germany I would guess? Especially Australia.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Germany afaik
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Yes, I also heard that human enemies were replaced by zombie animations, can anyone confirm that?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    I can still remember that back in the days the original German releases of Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 didn't had any excessive violence (i.e. exploding enemies, ect.). Although I can't say the same thing about the zombie animation part. But, well, it has been over a decade since I played the German versions...
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJgiLrprGGE

Thats why I heard the tavern music in the game

...Wait, is that Gorion's voice actor at 6:30? Is that man only voice-acting mages?
    Well, did you know...
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    deltago said:

meagloth said:

Holy sh*t. NIMBUL is awesome. Charm him. Her has four other *voiced* lines and if you talk to him:
    O_o

Makes me wonder if any of the other bounty hunters have unique lines when you charm them....
    @deltago‌ no. Doesn't look like it. I didn't try everybody, but Neira, tarnesh, and karat(er.... Beregost dwarf) just repeat thier dialog and turn hostile. Nothing special, no extra voiced lines.