The Road to v1.3 (BG:EE), Phase IV

Comments

• VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    That's programming 101 really.
    Troodon80jackjackelminsterNecdilzor
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    Varwulf said:

That's programming 101 really.

I don't KNOW Programming 101, I said in my comment before that I know nothing of game design.
    I appreciate the explanations from you guys though.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    Maybe the new patch will fix the talks with characters. I find that some characters who talks are supposed to randomly trigger, I actually have to talk to them to get them to say anything to me.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    @Anduin Boooooooooo!

;)
    ChowAnduinEffiny
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Adul said:

It's also worth noting that modern, properly organized, object-oriented code is a great deal less susceptible to this problem. But as we all know, the Infinity Engine was written in prehistoric times when huge predatory reptilian bugs ruled cyberspace and when primitive man had only just discovered the art of code-spinning. Today, top experts around the world try to decipher the jumbled mess our ancestors had left behind, but they've found that it is insanity to even try.

I'm not sure what a huge predatory reptilian bug would look like but I now kind of want to see one. From a distance based on its description though. :)
    AdullolienjackjackCrevsDaak
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    elminster said:

Adul said:

It's also worth noting that modern, properly organized, object-oriented code is a great deal less susceptible to this problem. But as we all know, the Infinity Engine was written in prehistoric times when huge predatory reptilian bugs ruled cyberspace and when primitive man had only just discovered the art of code-spinning. Today, top experts around the world try to decipher the jumbled mess our ancestors had left behind, but they've found that it is insanity to even try.

I'm not sure what a huge predatory reptilian bug would look like but I now kind of want to see one. From a distance based on its description though. :)
    So that's why there are huge Baslisks on top of Durlag's tower!
    AdulelminsterlolienCrevsDaak
  • AronAron Member Posts: 94
    Greetings everyone. This patch has been worked on a good while now. How is it going with this? I load the game every day hoping it will come out :) Also is there any plan of expanding the store for Baldur's Gate 1 EE or Baldur's Gate 2 EE?

Or maybe any form of patches for BG 2 EE?

Regards

Tom Fjellheim
    laptopman666
  • VnavekulVnavekul Member Posts: 181
    It seems to be mostly silence here, from Beamdog's end. Last week, the patch was one bug away, according to Trent Oster's Twitter account at least. What has happened since then, only Oghma knows.
    Adulkaguana[Deleted User]elminster
  • laptopman666laptopman666 Member Posts: 283
    my response to the patch taking so long :(
    kaguana
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Aron said:

Or maybe any form of patches for BG 2 EE?

At this rate? We'll see 2015 first. :/
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    shawne said:

At this rate? We'll see 2015 first. :/

That's a good attitude and I say keep it up! Never lose your optimism.
    ArdulSilverstarCrevsDaak
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    I don't think the situation's that bad. Okay, sometimes OG take decades to push through bugfixes, but it looks like they also have new content in the works and personally I can't wait to play more BG.
    kaguana
  • laptopman666laptopman666 Member Posts: 283
    shawne said:

Chow said:

That's a good attitude and I say keep it up! Never lose your optimism.

Anyone who can still maintain optimism towards Beamdog at this point should really, really avoid any e-mails from Nigerian princes.

was that a tosh.o reference? lol
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    No new bugs I hope ??
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    So far, nothing that wasn't there before. Things are looking good. Even multiplayer doesn't feel like a total mess, which at this point is just bizarre. We're looking forward to getting this patch out there so people can see it.
    kaguanaAnduinlolienStarflower2525
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Adul said:

I don't think the situation's that bad. Okay, sometimes OG take decades to push through bugfixes, but it looks like they also have new content in the works and personally I can't wait to play more BG.

See, that's exactly the mistake my dumb ass made last time. "Yeah, okay, BG:EE was kind of a mess for a whole year, but BG2:EE's going to be so much better, right?" Shows what I know.

Here's how it'll probably go with Adventure Y: by week 2 post-launch, there'll be a five-page-long buglist. It'll be a broken mess (albeit a decently-written broken mess). Then we'll have a "Road to Adventure Y 2.0" subforum, followed by six to nine months of Phases and counters and whatever. And then, long after any enthusiasm has died out and very few people still care, a patch will come out that lets you get through the new content without making you want to rip your hair out by the roots.

I mean, look, I actively want to be wrong about this. I want the devs to live up to their hype for once. But the odds favor repetition here, and that doesn't bode well.
    elminster