Skip to content

TeamBG Community Updates

Comments

• modestvoltamodestvolta Member Posts: 107
    @CoM_Solaufein That's a bummer about Dark Side being put on hold. It's one of two mods (the other being the NPC project) I've been waiting for to start my next BG run. I also plan on using Dark Horizons for the first time. Basically, your mods are 2/3 of what I'm looking forward to trying next in BG.

Any hints as to where DS is on the priority list (immediately after TU, some time after TU, never, etc)?
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    DS most likely after The Undying.
    modestvolta
    Looky there, mod files successfully installed in BG2EE. Still a lot of work to do since its not a complete mod, most of my work is in the game now.
    CrevsDaakjackjackOxva
    Now the process of making sure everything installed right. Make sure all of my new areas have their animations added, their ambient sound files are installed. Make sure items have their ability text removed. Make sure creature files have the correct dialogs, scripts and items added to them. Alexia here, I forgot to add her personal items to her creature file prior to install. Now I have to edit her file to add those items. Lots of little mistakes have to be corrected. Its another time consuming thing.
    chrstnmonksCrevsDaak
    http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=8187.0
    Screenshots of some of the dwarven areas in The Undying 3.00 mod for BG2EE.
    jackjack
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited April 2014
    I'm spotting something IWDalish and Minsc and Boo standing ready for adventure and Undying encounters!

Nice seeing you working so hard on the mod. Only thing that worries me is that boss encounter with two demi-liches. I for one have never even defeated one demi-lich
    (I've always skipped the tombs in Athkathla after finding out how horrendously difficult it isand never played ToB yet).
    .My vote would go to not having that encounter in SOA.
    They're not demi-liches, but close to being as powerful as them. Well technically probably more powerful because of who they are.
    Two NPCs that will join your party, after you complete the main dwarf quest, and two minor quest givers. http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=8187.msg77737#msg77737
    jackjackCrevsDaak
    Looking at Shi'nayne's screenshot, I see something missing. I forgot to make her magical elven armor. Plus I didn't give her, her other personal items either.

DS? Yeah, DS. On hold for the time. I don't even have that mod's new files on my computer, I have to get them off my old hard drive. Same goes with the newer files for Dark Horizons.

Finally moved those files onto this computer.

CrevsDaakjackjackFina92
    Okay. I knew this would happen the moment I transferred those DS files onto this computer. After much thinking, I'm going to jump to this mod and finish it as a beta before The Undying. Since DS is basically done, as a mod that is converted over to BGEE, not new content. The new content part was the work of some helpers who have disappeared. There may be some new content since I do have those finished files from those people involved. I just need to make sure it works.
    jackjackCahirFina92
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806

Okay. I knew this would happen the moment I transferred those DS files onto this computer. After much thinking, I'm going to jump to this mod and finish it as a beta before The Undying. Since DS is basically done, as a mod that is converted over to BGEE, not new content. The new content part was the work of some helpers who have disappeared. There may be some new content since I do have those finished files from those people involved. I just need to make sure it works.

For me it's a longer wait for the Undying, but you will make other people happy.

• modestvoltamodestvolta Member Posts: 107

The game is on. A simple DSotSC item.
    jackjackFina92wintersCrevsDaak
  • StaglordStaglord Member Posts: 27
    I would just like to say thank you for your great work Solaufein, i cannot wait to play both the undying and DS

I was wondering though, back before the EE days I faintly remember that DS and DH were not compatible, i might be wrong but if I'm not will that change in the EE games?
    Thanks.

They both play fine together and will continue to do so. http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=5226.0
    The drow rule supreme. If you have drow in a mod, at least we can make them look like drow.
    jackjack
    Same goes with a fire elemental.
    What the hell. I thought I posted this in the Dark Side topic. Those are images from Dark Side of the Sword Coast.
    jackjackCrevsDaak
    edited July 2014
    Hmmm April. Wow how time flies. Nothing new I'm afraid. That suck a$$ thing called life is always getting in the way of fun. :\

I updated the front page. I acquired a new domain for my community. After spending a lot of my money, I rescued teambg.net from those evil cybersquatting profiteers.

jackjackronaldomlneveseCrevsDaak
    Yes, we do!
    jackjack
    The mods that I have converted to the EE games I have disabled or said not to use the other languages other than English because the translations have special characters that EE gets picky about if it isn't converted to the right encoding. I am in the process of encoding the translation files so other languages can be used.
    Sure would be nice if there was a mass converting encoder out there. Make things go faster.
    CahirjackjackCrevsDaak
    Everyone's favorite drow mod, Yasraena, has reached version 15. This recent release now includes proper encoding for the translation files so it will work with the Enhanced Editions of the games. One of her personal swords was fixed as well.
    Who is Yasraena? She is a Chaotic Good female drow fighter who has become trapped in Chateau Irenicus. She includes a quest and original weapons.

Yasraena website
    Yasraena forums
    jackjackCahirmlnevese
    Version 15 of the Tsujatha Melalor Romance mod has been released. This update includes proper encoding for the translation files so they work for the Enhanced Editions of the game.

Related Links:
    Tsujatha Home Page
    Tsujatha Forum
    CahirSchopenhauermlneveseFina92
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752

I am in the process of encoding the translation files so other languages can be used.

@Wisp came up with a solution almost integrated into WeiDU to handle encoding on the fly during installation. You can read more about it in this discussion.
    An example use can be found in Edwin Romance V2.06, which also includes the iconv software for Windows that is required. I used this method to add the French translation in the Sarah mod. I also wrote about how this method could be used in Unfinished Business.

Sure would be nice if there was a mass converting encoder out there. Make things go faster.

In case you prefer to go on converting the files yourself, you can automate conversion easily using iconv as it is a command line tool. Here an example of script for several languages:
    :: Prevent display of DOS command lines
    @echo off

:: Create utf8 directory if not present

if not exist .\utf8 mkdir utf8
    if not exist .\utf8\english mkdir utf8\english
    if not exist .\utf8\polish mkdir utf8\polish
    if not exist .\utf8\french mkdir utf8\french
    if not exist .\utf8\russian mkdir utf8\russian

:: Use %%~ni instead of %%~nxi (x is for extension) and specify the tra extension
    echo english...
    for %%i in (english\*.tra) do iconv -f CP1252 -t UTF-8 "english\%%~ni.tra" > "utf8\english\%%~ni.tra"
    echo polish...
    for %%i in (polish\*.tra) do iconv -f CP1250 -t UTF-8 "polish\%%~ni.tra" > "utf8\polish\%%~ni.tra"
    echo french...
    for %%i in (french\*.tra) do iconv -f CP1252 -t UTF-8 "french\%%~ni.tra" > "utf8\french\%%~ni.tra"
    echo russian...
    for %%i in (russian\*.tra) do iconv -f CP1251 -t UTF-8 "russian\%%~ni.tra" > "utf8\russian\%%~ni.tra"
    It's written so that it needs to be run from the parent translation directory containing the various language directories and it creates a new utf8 directory that will contain the converted files using the same language hierarchy as the original parent translation directory.
    It should be easy to adjust to your needs if names are different.
    Saerileth romance has reached version 18. This recent release now includes proper encoding for the translation files so it will work with the Enhanced Editions of the games.
    Who is Saerileth?
    Saerileth is an outer-planar human, sent to Toril for a specific mission. She is a young paladin of Tyr who is romanceable. Saerileth can be picked up in the Temple District, in front of the Order of the Radiant Heart. She has two quests for you to undertake.
    Download and enjoy!

Saerileth website
    Saerileth forums
    GodKaiserHellSchopenhauermlneveseFina92
    edited August 2014
    Dark Horizons.

This version is for BGEE.

This is a large tactical quest and encounters mod. As you journey along the Sword Coast you will encounter undesirables trying to do harm to you. Not only that, but an organization for good, Section, has been contracted by someone to send its operatives to hunt you down. They don't want you alive, they want you dead. Your first encounter is behind the very walls of Candlekeep and it won't end until you defeat Section and their overseers at Oversight. If you are lucky, you may survive. And perhaps you may pick up a new friend or friends along the way.

There are a lot of new items to be found and new stores to shop at. There is an item upgrade store located at the Friendly Arm Inn. There are two three new NPCs who will join your party. This mod would work best with my Level 40/HLAs mod for BG:EE.

What is new? Morwen, a skald bard will join your party. Also I have balanced out the enemies in regards to experience points given, meaning less and the equipment they carry, meaning less powerful items for the typical villain. Also there are a couple of fixes included.

Forum
    BGEE Download
    Post edited by CoM_Solaufein on
    jackjackmlnevese
    I made the mistake at looking at my BG2EE folder with the Undying mod files. The sooner I get DSotSC squared away, the sooner I can resume work, in my free time that is, on The Undying 3.0.
    At its current status, its a small quest, two NPC mod. Once V3 is done it will be a large quest, five NPC mega mod.
    One of the newer NPCs is Alexia, an evil assassin who has her own quests, or contracts to undertake. These "hits" are evil and will kill your reputation.
    Another new NPC is Shi'nayne Auvryndar, a drow war wizard who was raised by dwarves. Another is Taer Onyx who is a dwarven battlerager. They will join your party after you complete the main quest for the dwarven king.
    The dwarven city has many people who will ask you to take on a quest for them. The city is vast and so is the places around it, which is where most of these quests will take you. In other words, a lot of places to explore.
    What I code named Encounter X and Encounter Y are two major quests for you to undertake. Encounter X deals with people from your past who are hunting you down. These are people you thought were dead. Find out who is behind it. Encounter Y deals with lots of areas to explore and dead and undead to fight. I'll say nothing more about Encounter Y except at the end, you will fight two powerful end bosses.
    Its a huge mod which is about 75% done.
    The NPCs info: http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=4643.0
    Newer screenshots of work done: http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=8187.0
    Older screenshots of work done: http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=5555.0
    Oxvajackjack
    Polish translation added to all three thanks to Cahir.

In regards to the three mods for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition:
    TeamBG Armor Pack
    TeamBG Weapon Pack
    Deidre and Joluv in BG:EE

They now have .tra files so the translators can get to work and translate those mods into their language.

Translators, please post your translations to this topic: http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=8238.0 so I can add them to the mods.
    Thanks

I'll do the same to the BG2EE version of weapon and armor some time soon.

jackjackCahir