Skip to content

Best IWD party setup

Comments

• DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    Elrandir said:

I'm totally saying that one of the best weapons in the game is pally-only.

I think it's a bit overrated TBH. Compared to Carsomyr, it's a joke. Sure, +7 sounds nice, but a single class fighter with GM, dual wielding 2 +1 APR weapons (not hard to do) will outdo a paladin with this weapon even if they dual wield it with LSoA, MSoA or Valiant.
    CrevsDaakAbelFenghoangsemiticgoddess
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Quartz said:

Well, besides the usual, I will tell you one thing for certain: If you don't have a Bard in Icewind Dale, you're a fool.

And having a bard should be even more easy and fun with the introduction of BG bard kits.
    DragonspearRAM021Quartz
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited August 2014
    All right people. Everyone keep civil. There is no reason for harsh words or lack of respect. Just a warning before this thread derails into a roleplayers x powergamers flame war...
    CrevsDaakMetallomanjackjack
  • KingGhidorahKingGhidorah Member Posts: 201
    meagloth said:

Sorcerer Solo!!!

Beat me to it.
    But start at lvl1 in hof mode for a lot of Xp!
    CrevsDaak
    elminster said:

My current beta playthrough has......

A kitted fighter, a kitted druid, a kitted cleric, a kitted thief, a few more warrior types, and a generalist mage (must test out all the spells).

You have beta access already? How long did it take you to receive a response after you signed up for it?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

elminster said:

A kitted fighter, a kitted druid, a kitted cleric, a kitted thief, a few more warrior types, and a generalist mage (must test out all the spells).

You have beta access already? How long did it take you to receive a response after you signed up for it?
    He is one of Beamdog's private beta testers.
    AstroBryGuyelminsterkaguanajackjack
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    elminster said:

@Elminster - Can you divulge if the IWD-unique spells are included? Sniloc's Snowball, Beast Claws, Alicorn Lance, etc..?
    Cahir said:

CrevsDaak said:

meagloth said:

CrevsDaak said:

meagloth said:

Sorcerer Solo!!!

There are no Sorcerers on the original IWD meagloth‌.
    But there are in iwd:ee, right?
    yeah, but I don't have IWD:EE and I probably won't (parents won't buy it).
    Could someone preorder a copy for CrevsDaak as a gift? We need new fancy mods for it, after all:p
    First, let me talk to my parents and see if I can convince them :p
    booinyoureyesjackjackRAM021Quartz
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

elminster said:

@Elminster - Can you divulge if the IWD-unique spells are included? Sniloc's Snowball, Beast Claws, Alicorn Lance, etc..?
    You'll find out what is in the game soon enough :)
  • SpungiSpungi Member Posts: 219
    I just did a play through. Had in my team:

Paladin
    Cleric
    Fighter/cleric
    Fighter(5)/thief (beast with his bow)
    Fighter/Druid
    Bard

Now, I would probably change the thief to a mage or a mage/thief... So many badass mage drops I couldn't use, but the bard was a really good asset.
    CluasJuliusBorisovRAM021
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    I like the "Standard Party composition" setup in most of team-based RPGs.

Thus - a Fighter + Rogue + Mage + Cleric.
    Last 2 members are optional, but I'd include another Fighter (Barbarian or Dwarven Defender perhaps) for melee tanking and another Mage-type class, best a Skald bard.
    elminsterElrandirJuliusBorisov
  • CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
    Hey, you could also play it with only 3 or 4 characters. Most fun :)
    Southpawlolien

Quartz said:

Well, besides the usual, I will tell you one thing for certain: If you don't have a Bard in Icewind Dale, you're a fool.

And having a bard should be even more easy and fun with the introduction of BG bard kits.
    Actually, you may want to avoid bard kits in IWD:EE. Vanilla bards get AWESOME bard songs (e.g., Jedi war song), and if IWD:EE follows what CamDawg did in his IWDification mod, bard kits will keep their BG2 kit songs.
    I'm not familiar with CamDawg's mod, but I would hope that that isn't entirely true for IWD:EE.

I understand that jesters and skalds have their own unique songsets (which is basically the whole point of these kits), but blades are supposed to have the same song(s) as vanilla bards, so I would hope that that principle remains true for IWD:EE.
    CluasRAM021
    Actually Blades don't get alternative songs, they just have the "Raise Morale" hardcoded one form vanilla.
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    Blades aren't top dog anymore. IWD:EE really is like a dream come true for me.
    JuliusBorisovbooinyoureyesjackjackFrogman
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    Here will be my party composition on the first run, based in large part on content of the game:

LG Human Paladin (Long Sword/Crossbow) OR CG Human Barbarian (Hammers/Longbow)
    NG Dwarven Berserker fighter (Axe/Crossbow)
    TN Human Totemic Druid - (Scimitar/Dart/Staff) (Another class that seemingly fits the region)
    NG Human Skald - Two-handed weapons/longbow
    CG Elven Mage/Thief - Shortbow/Shortsword/Longsword
    NG Halfelven Ran/Cle - Mace/Flail/Sling

Already waffling back and forth on this though...I can feel the long dormant restartitus gurgling forth from the depths.

ronaldoCrevsDaakJuliusBorisovFrogman