Skip to content

BG1NPC for BGEE Prerelease - UPDATE v21-PR_20150131

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

In my game I have already visited the Coastal Way area and now I'd like to install the component that changes Eldoth's starting location to the Coastal Way. Is this possible or will it screw up my game?

Installing the component won't screw up your game, but it won't affect your game either. The locations of the NPCs are added into your saved game when you start it. Installing the component will only affect *future* games you start.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416

SCS' Wait at Inns handles a couple mod NPCs. Basically, DavidW has to include them in the mod code. See SCS' README for more specifics on which mod NPCs are supported.

That's nice to know, though I can't find any mention of 3rd party NPCs. It specifically mentions applying only to core BG NPCs.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @AstroBryGuy‌ me and @laptopman666‌ was playing the other day, we both have same mods install same version everything match, but something weird happen we got Xzar banter while it was correct banter for me it was a wrong one to laptop, it before we try to rest Xzar start talking to Imoen. I got a save but when I try to see if the banter happen now it not start and then the game cruse I'm not sure why it happening but I think the mod doing problems in a multigame.

Here is the save I got and the crash that just happen hopefully the problem can be found.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    In my current playthrough, during Tazok's "initiation challenge" to get into the bandit camp, Tazok never initiated any dialogue that would welcome my party into the camp, and instead just continued to fight until he was finally killed. I know that Tazok used to be killable in vanilla BG1, but that required you to stay away from him to avoid his initiating the dialogue until he was killed. Also, I was under the impression that the devs had "rigged" Tazok's EE character so that he could no longer be killed in the bandit camp.

I don't know whether this is connected to the NPC Project, but I figured that this was at least worth looking into if it hasn't been already.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    I did the bandit camp yesterday, and had no such issues.
    @SharGuidesMyHand‌ - Is this related to your other post?

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/34935/um-i-just-killed-tazok-in-the-bandit-camp

I noticed there that...

Raiken said one of CHARNAME's dialog lines. Did you get to select his dialog, or did Raiken say that without any input from you?
  • GuboGubo Member Posts: 75
    I believe I have ended my romance with Shar-teel accidentally. Is there a way to reset the romance or am I out of luck?
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

@SharGuidesMyHand‌ - Is this related to your other post?

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/34935/um-i-just-killed-tazok-in-the-bandit-camp

I noticed there that...

Raiken said one of CHARNAME's dialog lines. Did you get to select his dialog, or did Raiken say that without any input from you?
    I selected the dialogue.
  • HilarionHilarion Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2014
    I installed this on my jailbroken iPad and the new banters/dialogues are triggering correctly, but they're not displaying the text, simply a line of "Invalid: #####." Any ideas as to what could be causing the problem? The only mods I installed were this and SCS, and I did choose "English" during the installation process.

Edit: Also, is the mod compatible with the Neera Expansion?
    Post edited by Hilarion on
    Hilarion said:

I installed this on my jailbroken iPad and the new banters/dialogues are triggering correctly, but they're not displaying the text, simply a line of "Invalid: #####." Any ideas as to what could be causing the problem? The only mods I installed were this and SCS, and I did choose "English" during the installation process.

I've never tried to install a mod on the iPad, but it sound like the dialog.tlk file did not get edited. You should review your iPad mod install instructions to make sure you transferred the edited dialog.tlk file to the iPad (note - the dialog.tlk file will not be in the override folder).

AFAIK, it should be compatible with the Neera Expansion. BG1NPC adds no content for the new BGEE NPCs. So, it won't touch Neera at all.
    @AstroBryGuy‌ Hey did you look on the files I upload ? did you find anything wrong ?
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    Is the prerelease not compatible with the battle enhancer mod? I tried to install Battle enhancer after NPC project and there were a bunch of files it was trying to replace... Decided not to replace it because I would rather have NPC project, but I'm unsure of what the outcome would have been
  • HilarionHilarion Member Posts: 6

Hilarion said:

I've never tried to install a mod on the iPad, but it sound like the dialog.tlk file did not get edited. You should review your iPad mod install instructions to make sure you transferred the edited dialog.tlk file to the iPad (note - the dialog.tlk file will not be in the override folder).

AFAIK, it should be compatible with the Neera Expansion. BG1NPC adds no content for the new BGEE NPCs. So, it won't touch Neera at all.
    Yep, that was the problem- thanks a bunch!
    Xavioria said:

Is the prerelease not compatible with the battle enhancer mod? I tried to install Battle enhancer after NPC project and there were a bunch of files it was trying to replace... Decided not to replace it because I would rather have NPC project, but I'm unsure of what the outcome would have been

I've not tested Battle Enhancer with BG1NPC. The Battle Enhancer mod works by copying files into the override directory, rather than installing via WeiDU. So, it will overwrite any changes other mods have made.

If you want to use Battle Enhancer with other mods, I'd recommend installing Battle Enhancer first. That way, the WeiDU mods will make their changes to the Battle Enhancer versions of the files.

kaguana said:

@AstroBryGuy‌ Hey did you look on the files I upload ? did you find anything wrong ?

I tried the save game, and it didn't crash. How long after loading did it crash for you? Does it crash on loading, or do you have wait around for a while?

I have no experience with crash dump files, so not much I can do with it.
    The thing is that the mod was playing the wrong banter for @laptopman666‌, and after we try to reload the save so w could see if it will happen again it did but it also crash the game after a few tries
    Gubo said:

I believe I have ended my romance with Shar-teel accidentally. Is there a way to reset the romance or am I out of luck?

Just checking to see if my question was overlooked or unanswerable.
    @Gubo You can't reset it as far as I know, and as for a way to get it back I'm not sure I think once it done it done, so I'll say you are out of luck and you will have to start a new run for it.
    kaguana said:

The thing is that the mod was playing the wrong banter for @laptopman666‌, and after we try to reload the save so w could see if it will happen again it did but it also crash the game after a few tries

I open the save game several times, and didn't have any issues. I also didn't see @laptopman666‌'s issue.

My best guess on his issue is that perhaps your dialog.tlk files are not identical. So, his string references end up being different that yours, and when his game is told to display a particular string, it isn't the same one as yours. One way to check this would be for both of you to try the following CLUA Console command:

C:DisplayText("41982")
    If that doesn't come back the same for both of you, then that could be the issue.
    Gubo said:

Gubo said:

Just checking to see if my question was overlooked or unanswerable.
    If you ended it right at the beginning, you can try the following from the CLUA Console:
    C:GetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL")
    If the return value is "3", then do:
    C:SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",1)
    Thanks a ton, it is working so far.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    edited September 2014
    I haven't got very far yet, but I just wanna say that I've been having good fun with it and provide some minor feedback encase it's helpful in some way.

Firstly the Journal seems to be working okay so far... I guess you guys meant that some journal entries were missing, rather than all of them.

Secondly, very minor but the "continue button" seems bugged for some conversations...

Thirdly... did Jaheira always start the game with nearly 4k xp or was that added in by BG1NPC? I picked up Jah and Khalid right at the beginning of the game, and she was immediately close to 2/2. I don't mind it at all as it is more realistic and doesn't really break game balance or anything... however I don't remember if this was intended original behaviour, intended mod behaviour or some kinda bug.
    edited September 2014
    @Heinrich‌ I'll answer in your order:

1. the journal entries we are talking about related to the quest and stuff that connect to the mod only the normal journal is untouched meaning all the normal entries work as they should.

2. The "continue button" is a bug that connect to the Vanilla game, it isn't because of the mod, and it has being reported and got address here it will be fix in the next patch I hope.

3. As far as Jaheira goes I honestly don't remember because for me she always start like that while Khalid is lower lvl then her.
    Post edited by kaguana on
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    What's the clua console code for Xan's romance? :) Actually, would someone be super-nice and post all romance interests' codes in the clua console?? Would like to keep track from now on so I don't accidently end one of the romances. Thanks!
    edited September 2014
    Heindrich said:

I haven't got very far yet, but I just wanna say that I've been having good fun with it and provide some minor feedback encase it's helpful in some way.

Firstly the Journal seems to be working okay so far... I guess you guys meant that some journal entries were missing, rather than all of them.

As @kaguana‌ said, the vanilla game journal entries should be fine. The Quest and Done Quest journal entries for the mod need changes to the WeiDU code to work.

Are you seeing BG1NPC entries in the Journal section? My understanding of what I've seen on the G3 boards about BGEE Journal entries is that only Quest and Done Quest entries need new code.

I also need to work out some issues between journal entry text for Tutu/BGT vs. BGEE (in a way that doesn't require duplicating a bunch of .d files).
    Heindrich said:

Thirdly... did Jaheira always start the game with nearly 4k xp or was that added in by BG1NPC? I picked up Jah and Khalid right at the beginning of the game, and she was immediately close to 2/2. I don't mind it at all as it is more realistic and doesn't really break game balance or anything... however I don't remember if this was intended original behaviour, intended mod behaviour or some kinda bug.

In vanilla BGEE, she starts with 3572 XP for the lowest-level version.
  • CordovanCordovan Member Posts: 1
    As of today, I only get "Invalid: " and then some numbers whenever an NPC would talk (even the guy in the Friendly Arm Inn who could reduce your rep is called invalid: XXX and says invalid: XXX once in a while).

Does anybody else have this problem? Or did I screw something up?
  • jobbyjobby Member Posts: 181
    Yep I'm the same, on a save that had been working well suddenly today i get Invalid strings all over the place, was there some kind of update today or something?
    edited September 2014
    No update as far as I know, and it won't be automatically anyway for the mod that is.

It work fine for me
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    I have been having the same problem as @Cordovan‌ and @jobby‌.

In fact I first saw it a few days ago, but I assumed it was because I messed around with dialogues in Near Infinity whilst figuring out my first item mod, and noticed that the dialogue files had been altered somehow. I reinstalled BG1NPC, which seemed to solve the issue.

Today the problem occurred again, affecting both instantaneous NPC interjections (which must be BG1NPC mod content) and original content. I took screen shots...

Afterwards I reinstalled BG1NPC again, and it seems to have solved the problem again, though I haven't played much since doing so.
    edited September 2014
    Ok for it to be solve @AstroBryGuy‌ need to see the files so please @Cordovan‌ @jobby‌ and @Heindrich‌ upload save games so he can go thru the files and see what the problem is.

@Heindrich‌ When did you reinstall did it said it update the WeiDU? if not try to update it, I'm not sure but I think it have an update and that what cost all the problem, but I'm not experts so @AstroBryGuy‌ can you verify it ? when I update my BG2tweak it said update to v236 or something like that (all tho it was last update nov 2013 so it kinda weird).

Also do you 3 have any other mod install? did you install any mod lately ?
This discussion has been closed.