Skip to content

[MOD] -Scales of Balance- a post-hac tweak mod

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Just an FYI @subtledoctor: BG2:EE does not suffer from the same 2-kit limit as BG:EE did. This was fixed I think in it's 1.2.xxx patch. Currently have 20 extra kits and is functioning fine.
  • WithgilWithgil Member Posts: 39
    edited September 2014
    You are right the moon knight is not supposed to get the CHA bonus. :) but you asked what i meant with "does not work".
    Mmmh I think it would be weird if he would not be an inqisitor. Paladins get their powers from their god so if he serves Helm how should he get the powers of a Paragon of Torm.
  • DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 221
    edited September 2014
    So, though you had warned against doing so, I activated the mod so I can install everything at once, just to see if other kits are alright. As far as I can see, everything works fine, kits all have their descriptions, I was even able to go so far as to create a new game with a kensai, and choose his weapon focus, which then updated his class to "Kensai (weapon focus)." I could gain levels with no problem. I grabbed Minsc, he had his Barbarian Ranger kit, and I was able to level him up and set his proficiency no problem. Here are the only issues that appear to still exist:

Mage Hunter is not correctly displaying Kit Name, or Kit description.
    Swashbuckler is not correctly displaying Kit Name, or Kit description.
    Jongluer is not correctly displaying Kit Name, or Kit description. Furthermore, when selecting a Bard, the list is as follows: Bard, Bard, Jester, Skald, messed up Jongluer, Loresinger. Selecting that second Bard button just highlights the first Bard option for a true class.
    Imoen is made a Thief dualed to Illusionist, but her thief class is inactive at Level 0 with -1 XP. Trying to level her crashed the game. I removed that part of your mod, so she would be just thief -> mage, she was still dualled to Illusionist and still had the -0 XP.

Hopefully there is some similarity between those 3 kits that help you identify why they are the only ones with a problem. As for Imoen, maybe setting a dual character to lvl 1 with your proficiency changes doesn't play well?

Is there anyone else who can install this mod onto BG2EE and see what happens? Maybe it is just me.
    I also have the bard bard problem --> second bard option does nothing (BG1EE)
    edited September 2014
    EDIT: SO here is the deal. I did a fresh install of BG2EE again, and then installed your mod, with all parts active. NO MORE BUGS (mostly)! Everything appears just as it should, all kit descriptions are there and everything. Is is possible that, by only allowing some but not all of your kits to be installed, it messed a few up? Honestly I don't know, but I can say that your mod is working and currently compatible with BG2EE, as said earlier no need to wait for 1.3 to have all those extra kits!

However the Imoen bug still exists if wanting her to be an illusionist, so just change it so she doesn't get set to 0 Xp, cause it breaks the theif levels. The two bard buttons are also still there, as well as a weird message that appears when people who are not reset to level 1 join your party, something along the lines of "Actually ignore this one. On to the next rogue."

So hopefully in the end this all worked out well? Sorry if I caused much of a ruckus.
    Post edited by Dawglicious on
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    This is a relatively small request and you may disregard it at your leisure, but, would you consider making the "full" names of the cleric kits actually be "Priest of Deity" (i.e. Silkwhisper of Sune, Moon Knight of Selune, etc.)? You can then of course keep the short name as just the name of the kit, dropping the deity.
    Doing some minor testing and checking out some of the kits:

-Lycanthropic Druids never earn HLAs, so they are never able to gain that final Werewolf form, as well as any other HLAs obviously.

-Currently it seems having Imoen level at all in Chateau Irenicus causes a crash, did that version of her not level before? I'm wondering if you just never earn enough XP normally to be worried about leveling her up. It seems odd, no other NPC has suffered from this leveling issue so far but her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    The Kivan and Deheriana Mod is finally ready for BG2EE.
    http://www.gibberlings3.net/kivan/
    Would be great if you could include that one too.
    Kivan has the archer kit and you can choose the kit for Deheriana:
    Enchanter, Diviner, Wild Mage or Cleric/Mage/Tief
    edited September 2014
    All following issues were found on both GoG version and BGEE2 version, unless specified otherwise.

Barbarian Ranger still has access to his spell book. Also, when leveling Minsc when he has the Barbarian Ranger kit applied, he does not automatically have the appropriate proficiency points given; when leveled he has NO proficiency points and whatever I place his two points into gets wiped away, similar to when making a new character at the start of SoA.

I think this may have to do with the NPCs who are set up to join at level 0 and then be leveled. When I get Nalia, she starts as a level 0 loresinger with the following proficiency points in place: *short sword, *scimitar/katana, **daggers/darts, *club, *quarterstaff, *crossbow, *bows, *sling, *two weapon style. When I level her, she gains two points, and let's say I place one in sling, and one on crossbow. When I finish the leveling, she is missing the additional * in crossbow, but has gained *long sword, *war hammer, *flail, and *mace.

I think this leveling them from 0 thing is just being wonky. One workaround I have found so far is to set current XP to 0, level them, and then set it up to what it should be and level them again.

Also it appears that Cernd can no longer use his own unique equipment. Also suffers from the proficiency issue.

BG2EE ONLY: Cernd has a string error and cannot complete dialogue upon first meeting him if Minsc is in the party (this was all tested in Irenicus' dungeon via summon commands, so I don't know if this issue would persist when playing normally, but I could go through all the dialogue about trademeet and such, then have him join, as long as minsc was not with me).

Monitor of Mystra's bonus wizard spells all have incorrect descriptions except for Chromatic Orb. Could this be because it expects Identify to be there, but it currently is not added because you were having issues with it working properly?
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    edited September 2014
    Druids only get proficiencies in Club, Sling, Knives and Polearms in my game. No Staff, Scimitar, Darts.

BTW I wanted a mod like this for about 10ish years and have talked about very similar changes as the ones you've made in other topics on the forum. So cheers.
    edited September 2014
    Another bug:
    Branwen should be a Gloryblood of Tempus, at the moment she has the class Thief.
    As per EE Keeper the kit is correct (Gloryblood) but the base class is thief instead of cleric.

When leveling a mage or a sorcerer the game crashes (BG1EE).
    Had Tome and Blood installed, deinstalled it and created a new character, but that didnt help.
    And Tome and Blood doesnt work with the profiency aspect of the mod (as expected but shouldnt the old system be used for the sorcerer? The monk still can put points into the profiencies)
    The kits from blood and tome also dont work.
    For example EE Keeper shows the kit Eldritch Sorcerer as follows:
    class: sorcerer
    kit: monitor (which is a cleric kit from the scales of balance mod)
    Will deinstall all my mods and only install scales of balance.

Still cant level mages and sorcerers (did repair baldurs gate via the beamdog client = all mods deleted).
    When I create a new character (mage + kits and sorcerer) and try to load him/her into EE Keeper I get this error message (with installed mage and cantrip component and without it):
    Some spells assigned to this character were not found in the database, if you save this character this spells will not be saved
    Cannot find: SPWI116, SPWI112

When loading a freshly created sorcerer into the keeper I get the same message but it cant find this spells:
    SPWI108, SPWI113.

Tought scales of balance doesnt touch the sorcerer?
    Post edited by Withgil on
    edited September 2014
    edited September 2014
    edited September 2014
    Reinstalled BG1EE and installed scales of balances only (without cantrips and mage modification).
    I dont get the spell error anymore when loading the save game with EE Keeper. *sigh* one should always reinstall Baldurs Gate after messing with mods.
    But still cant level the mage or sorcerer.
    Profiencies of mod kits are a minor problem, they can be added via EE Keeper.
    edited September 2014
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Regarding human multiclass (for imoen), you have to tweak a 2da. "clsrcreq.2da" I believe
    edited September 2014
    FYI NPCs such as unchanged Anomen (not set to level 0) work just fine, he has his proficiency points and what have you.

I rechecked the Lycanthropic Druid on GoG version of BG2, and he is still not receiving HLAs. It is just the Lycanthropic kit tough, other Druids get HLAs just fine (something to do with the unique Werewolf HLA perhaps?)
    edited September 2014
    "Right, that makes perfect sense. It worked in my tests in BG1:EE but I wasn't leveling them up as much. There are slightly immersion-breaking methods I could use to get around this: say, giving everyone 1 XP to get to level 1, then having them use an innate ability that bumps them up to the proper XP level. Not perfect, but under the circumstances... (And let's be clear, everyone playing non-EE versions should be using Level 1 NPCs, which does all this much better. In fact maybe I should make the rekitting component EE-only, like the APR component.)"

This doesn't sound that awful as long as it works as intended.
    edited September 2014
    edited September 2014
    The values in LUABBR.2da match up with an unmodded BG2EE to what you posted.

Dorn8 has **Crossbow, **Two handed swords, and **Two handed ws
    Dorn 9 has the same as 8, but one * in Bastard Swords.
    Dorn 10 has the same as 9
    Dorn 12 has the same as 10 but with ** in Bastard Swords
    Dorn 14 seems to be at the same level as Dorn 12, but with extra XP for leveling him up.
    I am curious, and I didn't see it outlined fully anywhere, but what exactly are the changes you made to stat bonuses? For instance, I noticed 18 dex only grants -3 AC now. Could you give a table outlining the bonuses for each stat at each point?
    FrozenCells
    edited September 2014
    Dawglicious
    edited September 2014

Okay I'm pushing out beta 0.8.2 which hopefully fixes most of the bugs described recently. Get it here:

Guessing you ran into some issue and had to pull the link. Anyway thanks for posting that info on the stats, I like how you balanced it.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

The re-kitting component, though, kind of relies on getting all the level 1 kit effects, so I'll have to think harder about how to fix that.

That not true. You can use the BCS action AddKit(O:Object*,S:Kit*) to do that for you in the game :)