Skip to content

Anyone have characters they gravitate toward?

DraekinDraekin Member Posts: 40
In real life I make my living on my brain (scientist) and I'm pretty much a pacifist. I enjoy the outdoors, make my own homemade bows, meditate frequently, and used to be an athlete.

You could look at those qualities and (if trying to shove me in a traditional D&D class box) assume that I might be a mage or druid or ranger. But somehow, no matter what RPG I'm playing, I always enjoy playing thieves/rogues the most.

No matter how hard I try to get into playing a Druid or a Mage, etc. I can never really finish. I always come crawling back to the rogue class... which doesn't make any sense to me, based on my real life personality.

Anyone else have this sort of thing going on with them?
RavenslightBlackravenAnduinkcwiseCrevsDaakJuliusBorisovThe_Potty_1ShikaoBelgarathMTHdementedlunarmashedtaters[Deleted User]Mush_Mushgorgonzola[Deleted User]

Comments

• DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    edited December 2014
    Strong solo characters that can both do phys and magic dmg. Fighter/Mage, Kensai/Mage, Fighter/Cleric, Ranger, Diablo 2's Barbarian(with 1 point in Zerg so i have magic dmg)... All-in-one characters like Luke from Revenant(the game) etc... but it depends.
    Blackravenkcwiselolienmashedtaters
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    kcwise said:

Yannir said:

@kcwise I think Aragorn is just a good-aligned ranger with great charisma and leadership-abilities. I dunno, why do you think he is part pally? :smile:

Obviously he didn't run around healing with his hands
    I thought he did, or does healing with magic herbs in a bowl of water not count?
    JuliusBorisovkcwiselolien
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    In IWD I like giving my paladins Male Mage Voice 4. (I believe that's the one) The voice is the most humble, kind, and even introverted one ever, but I imagine my paladins like that. Quiet, kind, and unassuming, but when evil rears its ugly head they're willing to cut it down without hesitation or fear.
    JuliusBorisovkcwiseShikaololien
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    melee rogues. rogues get an insane amount of freedom to do whatever you want in context of RP! i mean, being a paladin it isn't very good RP to walk into random peoples' houses and loot them/get a totally random quest. also, I kind of like rogues in general being the fast, agile fighters. however, the least likely thing for me to ever be is a ranged character. i imagine a leader up in the front fighting the enemy head to head, not sitting in the back behind his party firing a bow/magic.
    JuliusBorisovkcwiseShikao
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    Primarily - healer in heavy armor, so Paladin, Templar (ESO), Trooper (TOR) etc. Usually played as proverbial knight in shining armour, maybe not always 100% LG, but pretty close.

Secondarily - elemental caster - Shaman, Sorcerer, Mage, occasional Druid.
    ElrandirBelgarathMTHkcwiselolien
  • dementeddemented Member Posts: 388
    The Lawful Evil Mage is just so much fun to play. Crafting long term schemes of revenge or manipulating others, like pawns on a chessboard. Well written villains are always more interesting than the hero.

Chaotic Neutral Thief is also a favorite. This is probably due to my time playing Thief as a teenager and my unrealized dream of becoming a snarky cat-burglar.
    Shikaokcwiselolien[Deleted User]