Skip to content

If life was like an RPG...

Comments

• SquireSquire Member Posts: 511

i can give an agree to the thieving as I already admitted above. i am not a mass murderer even in RPGs luckily :) although I do have a tendancy to kill wildlife and not even collect their meat or anything. i just slaughter animals for exp... i guess if we call that mass murder then I could count

But then, many animals are aggressive in RPG worlds. Sometimes even rabbits attack humans, and fight to the death! (yes I know I'm leaving myself open to a certain sketch recital so I just thought I'd stop the imminent thread hijack before it starts! :PP ).

Speaking of fighting to the death...nobody ever runs in RPGs, and nobody ever yields unless they're a plot specific character, so if somebody tries to mug you, or if a law enforcement officer tries to arrest you for a minor crime, get ready for a fight to the death! Not only that but all of your friends must also fight with you, to the death!
    wubblekcwise
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018

i can give an agree to the thieving as I already admitted above. i am not a mass murderer even in RPGs luckily :) although I do have a tendancy to kill wildlife and not even collect their meat or anything. i just slaughter animals for exp... i guess if we call that mass murder then I could count

I guess it depends on your definition of "Murder". I'd suspect that you couldn't complete BG or BG2 without "killing" hundreds of human beings. Is that "Murder"? After all, the vast majority of them attack you first. I'd think in the annals of history, the "hero" of the BG series, even if they were Lawful Good and only killed in self defense, "Could be considered" a murderer. Which was more or less my point.
    kcwise
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    edited January 2015

I guess it depends on your definition of "Murder". I'd suspect that you couldn't complete BG or BG2 without "killing" hundreds of human beings. Is that "Murder"? After all, the vast majority of them attack you first. I'd think in the annals of history, the "hero" of the BG series, even if they were Lawful Good and only killed in self defense, "Could be considered" a murderer. Which was more or less my point.
    Murder is quite literally in his/her blood.
    jackjackWilburkcwise
  • NukefaceNukeface Member Posts: 91
    Ya know, if I could learn everything I needed to know about something in two paragraphs or less I feel like internet culture has really done something positive.

"Why did we have a Civil War in the United States?"

'Slavery.'

"There was a lot more to it than that, if you ---"

'Stow it gramps, I've got fifty two more 3 minute classes to get to today.'
    wubblejackjackJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • SquireSquire Member Posts: 511
    kcwise said:

We'd all have long pretentious names like Disvolio Metriedel Kavonixar or odd names like Buttkick351.

XD So true!! You'd be able to spot an adventurer easily by his name, as it'd be so out-of-keeping with the rest of the world...no matter where you're from, your name is as likely to be Roman, Greek, German, Slavik, or Scandinavian! (I'm not much better either, just so you know. ;) )

Also, adventurers are never local to the town, so if you meet a group of foreigners from all four corners of the globe, they are almost certainly an adventuring party who randomly met in a tavern once.
    jackjackJuliusBorisovkcwiseCrevsDaak