Skip to content

I need help getting my G.F. to accept my new "familiar"... *Small quest spoiler!*

GreenWyvernGreenWyvern Member Posts: 247
It's my first playthrough of Baldur's Gate, and I'm playing along with my [highly experienced!] G.F~... I've awed at her glorious Fairy Dragon familiar from the very start, but here I sit, as a lonely, psychopathic fighter/thief, unable to have a small critter to call my own. [Small spoilers from here on?] Much later, we come across a waterfall I presume many of you know... the one where I found a dead cat. I attempted to bring the cat to it's owner, but after completing the quest [multiple times, because glitches!], I've found that the cat is stuck to my inventory like a statue in a basilisk farm. It was a sign. This dead cat... it's the familiar I always wanted! It even knows several cat-trips, like "Play-Dead", and unfortunately for me, "Turn G.F.". As enthusiastic I have been to drag around this lifeless feline around with me, and sending it out to play with the Fairy Dragon, my G.F. has been less than supportive for my choices, and expressed worried feelings for my actions of befriending this carrion. In what ways can I help convince her to be accepting of my choice?

Post edited by GreenWyvern on
HudzyJarrakuljackjackBalrog99booinyoureyeslolienJuliusBorisovkcwiseSpjuv3rnArdulRavenslightSkatanwubbleBlackravenscriverSCARY_WIZARDmolloyrufus_hobartGreenWarlockCrevsDaakFinneousPJMontresor_SPAlbinoWyvernelminsterdementeddunbarreivisionOxford_GuyMoczoChildofBhaal599Liberelli

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    mlnevese said:

Ravenslight He is... my wife loves RPGs as long as she doesn't have to control an entire group... So she doesn't even look at the Infinity Engine games...

@mlnevese what about playing solo? If you have a good experience with cRPGs I see no difficulties to play with only one character in BG (although IwD:EE would get a bit difficult at low levels, and Ps:T would be boring).
    kcwiseRavenslightJuliusBorisov
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    CrevsDaak said:

mlnevese said:

Ravenslight He is... my wife loves RPGs as long as she doesn't have to control an entire group... So she doesn't even look at the Infinity Engine games...

@mlnevese what about playing solo? If you have a good experience with cRPGs I see no difficulties to play with only one character in BG (although IwD:EE would get a bit difficult at low levels, and Ps:T would be boring).
    I could do it, although I really like to play with a group. But she has never played BG before... I believe she wouldn't last long.
    kcwiseRavenslightJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak