Skip to content

Do you have a romantic partner?

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited March 2015

Love is an experience, both good and bad, but as every experience, it can teach you much on life, so that you can face it with much more strength, every time you're having a bad time.

Hmm. Yeah, that is what I am getting when I ask the question of "What is it like?" to people with girlfriends. The thing I may have been confused/incorrect about is that loving someone doesn't mean always enjoying them. Being as lonely as I tend to get I never thought about this...

I think there are several problems I have with getting a girlfriend (in no particular order):

1. I rarely get out of the house. I almost never meet people my age in person.
    2. I am socially crippled and extremely shy.
    3. I have very high standards. I believe I know what I am looking for and what will make me happy and I do not want to compromise on certain things. It doesn't help much that what I am looking for seems to be somewhat uncommon.

If you are curious; what I am looking for (also in no particular order):

1. Someone not afraid to get really dirty and join me in my adventures in nature (walking through ecosystems of all kinds looking for animals; including ponds, swamps, lakes, and the like). Must like animals.
    2. Someone who shares my religious, political, and philosophical beliefs.
    3. I would prefer a tomboy who has little interest in makeup, piercings, and all that garbage.
    4. They have to be able to put up with me. (Easier said than done, believe me.)
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    edited March 2015
    I have a girlfriend. I still don't like it when people say that being in a relationship is 'the norm'.
    Should I just get used to being alone in the wild? Just thinking about that makes me feel empty inside... :/

I would hope that she would at least be present to support me... even if she does stay on the path... otherwise I would doubt her sincerity...

Steve Irwin was able to find such a partner! Why is it such a bad thing that I want someone like that? He was happy, why can I not be equally happy with such a thing. You guys may not believe me, but I DO actually know what I want and what makes me happy.
    @iKrivetko I rarely meet people my age while on said adventures. I practically never meet any people at all (boy/girl old/young) who are at the park/lake for the same reason I am. Most of them just want to tell me that I am a bad person for doing what I do (100% true, that)... It has made me extremely distrusting of anyone who talks to me while I am adventuring.
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Tresset said:

Most of them just want to tell me that I am a bad person for doing what I do (100% true, that)...

Hold on, what do you do?
    @joluv I catch animals, such as turtles, and let them go shortly afterwords. Shocking that so many people will assault you and threaten you with police over such a small thing...
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @joluv heeey! I thought I was the only one that knew the OEIS, good thing to know that actually I'm not the only one :)