Skip to content

Baldurs Gate Meme Thread II: Enhanced Edition (Careful, everyone, SPOILERS!)

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I like the last one about the drink.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    Or its divine counterpart: Divine Fire of Longcat
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156

@Jenzafar , that's the most creative meme I've seen in a long time! Also, kudos for knowing how to conjugate the verb "to have" in Elizabethan English.

"I have, thou hast, he hath, we have, ye have, they have."

People who try to use Elizabethan or Shakespearean English in memes or other fantasy related activities, such as writing fan fiction, or Rennaisance reenactment, (I'm looking at *you*, Dynaheir's writers), are one of my pet peeves.

I don't say it much, because most internet posters don't take kindly to having it pointed out. In fact, on one of the first pages of this very thread's previous version, I stand accused of giving Spiderman cancer, because I pointed out that somebody tried to make a meme using Elizabethan English without bothering to learn the conjugations of verbs and declensions of pronouns.

So, thanks for getting it right in yours. :)

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/YeOldeButcheredeEnglishe

I must admit I have once or twice spoken in fake old english either to annoy someone or just be silly.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @wubble, ROFLMAO
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Anduin, LOL. But, It looks to me like those hamsters are that girl's pets, and that she is experiencing the warm cuddliness that is the favor of Boo.

You made it as a glass half empty, I see a glass half full. Toh-MAY-toes, toh-MAH-toes. Although, I guess if you had made the picture a bit more forcefully to your "pessimistic" interpretation, it would have been too gruesome to be funny. ;)