Skip to content

NPCs you love to kill

Comments

• TuthTuth Member Posts: 233
    Drizzt

JuliusBorisovjackjackGod
  • chbrookschbrooks Member Posts: 86
    One of my favorite play-throughs had me attack Saemon with the Celestial Fury when the githyanki attacked. Paralyzed him and then chunked him.

So imagine my fury when he pops back up in Throne of Bhaal...
    JuliusBorisovjackjackMontresor_SP
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Neera on evil playthroughs. Sending Monty in to rob and eliminate a target without the town turning red brings a smile to my face.
    SmilingSwordjackjackMortiannaKidCarnival
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    Anomen, as soon as I meet him.
    Didn't do it on my second last playthrough and actually had him join for the the very first time ever and as soon I clicked on him and he spoke I instantly regretted it.
    Montresor_SPSkatan
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    bengoshi said:

Rieltar Anchev, Brunos Costak, Tuth and Kestor. These guys in the Candlekeep. They've inflicted so much damage to Charname and the Sword Coast as a whole, so fighing these guys seems just.

Er, well ... Rieltar Anchev and Brunos Costak, yes. But Tuth and Kestor represent a different organisation, which (at least so far) has done you no harm.
    HudzyTuthJuliusBorisov
  • haniatri72haniatri72 Member Posts: 25
    Noober.
    He's so annoying, I just have to kill him. I know I shouldn't, but that doesn't make it any less fun :smiley:
    JuliusBorisov
  • epicrakshasasepicrakshasas Member Posts: 71
    Keddath Ormyr. No reputation loss. Mainly because of his voice clip: "Don't touch me! I'm super-important". Now how important are you priest of Lathander?
    JuliusBorisovGod
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Bentan, the proselytizing priest of Illmater near Firewine Bridge. He's just asking for it.
    JuliusBorisovartificial_sunlightKidCarnival
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    edited April 2015
    Agree to a couple of the above ones, but also Am-Si, Reti and Camitis, 'cause after seeing the movie Buried I strongly feel that people burying other people alive must die. Preferably painfully.

Edit: And yeah, Llynis of course since child killers also must die.
    JuliusBorisovlolienBrer_Rabbit
  • StipzzStipzz Member Posts: 1
    Saemon havarian and Stannel Eibor from the black pits 2
  • jesterdesujesterdesu Member Posts: 373
    I always kill that guy who wants you to murder the Polar Bear across the bridge from him... I forget his name. I like animals, particularly bears and his attitude stinks. If you kill him you get the rep loss but you still get the boots you'd get as the quest reward, just be sure to kill him before you speak with him or you get an unfinishable journal entry.
    SmilingSwordJuliusBorisovlolien
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @God, I hate Portalbendarwinden. Irritating and obnoxious and pointless. The responses to his dialogue aren't even satisfying. It's like if Noober or Neeber required you to pick a dialog option every time, and none of the options were "shut up."
    God
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Mellicamp. I love me some fried chicken. Mm MM, tasty.

Unshey. I don't want your useless book in exchange for a useful belt, you useless twit! How's that stone wall security working out for you now, huh?! A stout hammer will fix most any Unshey.

Saemon. His name sounds like Salmon. I hate salmon, therefore I hate Saemon. Hope he gets...salmonella in hell, if that's even possible. It should be, for Saemon's sake.

Wellyn's ghost, if only to see if he ever drops the ghost of a teddy bear. I still think it should have been in the last patch.

Biff the Understudy. Why? I forget, I'm just the understudy.

Gorion. How else could I explain all of the times I restarted the game?

Karp. For reason, see Saemon. They are both named after fish.

Any gnome who says "You wouldn't hurt a gnome, would you?" Yes. Yes, I would.

Caldo. His voice actor's horrid attempt to mimic my native accent is reason enough to plug up his throat with a giant rat and watch the rat dig its way out through his neck. I don't even need a semi-nude nymph begging me to save her tree. I'll do it just to see Caldo bleed out and die. He also reminds me of caldo soup.
    JuliusBorisovdoggylolienBrer_Rabbit
  • wraith5641wraith5641 Member Posts: 500
    Arkanis Gath.

Nothing brings you more mid-game satisfaction than when you've sucked that guy's brains out as an illithid.

I remember reading the forums at the time searching for a way to kill him, because I was desperate to get those boots from Renal Bloodscalp. On the original Baldur's Gate 2, the Boots of Speed gave you extra attacks, so any pairs of them you had to have. I thought it would be a piece of cake to get the from him because my party was already pretty powerful. I'd just go in, whip his butt along with the rest of his weakling cronies, and walk out. Boy, was I in for a rude awakening. Out this guy comes like the father of Chuck Norris and makes us look like we are fresh out of kindergarten. I read online that the Time Stop + Shapechange - Illithid combo was the only real way of killing him, so when I pulled it off first time I felt like an absolute boss.
    @wraith5641: You can also kill Arkanis Gath with STR drain from an Archer's Called Shot. Or, with much more difficulty, DEX drain with the Chaos Blade or WIS drain with Kachiko's Wakizashi. And you can block the instant death effect on his sword if you buff your characters with Death Ward.
    God
  • wraith5641wraith5641 Member Posts: 500
    @semiticgod Death Ward worked? On BGT? I think I may have tried that, and he killed me anyway lol.

Yeah, stat drain in general seems to do the trick. The Timestop/Shapechange combo tends to be the one that is convenient for most people because they have a mage in their party.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579

Arkanis Gath.

Nothing brings you more mid-game satisfaction than when you've sucked that guy's brains out as an illithid.

I remember reading the forums at the time searching for a way to kill him, because I was desperate to get those boots from Renal Bloodscalp. On the original Baldur's Gate 2, the Boots of Speed gave you extra attacks, so any pairs of them you had to have. I thought it would be a piece of cake to get the from him because my party was already pretty powerful. I'd just go in, whip his butt along with the rest of his weakling cronies, and walk out. Boy, was I in for a rude awakening. Out this guy comes like the father of Chuck Norris and makes us look like we are fresh out of kindergarten. I read online that the Time Stop + Shapechange - Illithid combo was the only real way of killing him, so when I pulled it off first time I felt like an absolute boss.

What happens once you kill him, though? - doesn't it break the game?
    @SharGuidesMyHand: Arkanis Gath appears to prevent the breaking of the game--if you turn the Shadow Thieves hostile before you have a chance to side with Bodhi, then he'll force you to reload. But you can kill him without breaking the game by turning Renal Bloodscalp hostile after Valen greets you, but before you meet with Bodhi (since meeting with Bodhi removes Renal Bloodscalp from the hideout, I believe).
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    You know I really don't go out of my way in killing people.

I kill Xzar and Monty every time I see them. Mostly for their loot. It's nothing really personal.

I kill Edwin because I hate red wizards in general. Especially that red wizard.

I also kill the fat dude in the very first area after Gorion's death just because he has nothing useful to say and I don't usually mean to initiate his dialogue.

I also kill Neera if she's not going to be my party for her gem bag. If I'm a good party I rp saying that I didn't arrive in time to save her. How sad.

Oh Even though I'm really really fond of Imoen I still kill her if she's not going to be in my party ever. It's like if I can't have her than nobody else can.
    jesterdesuSkatan
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    Mortianna said:

Bentan, the proselytizing priest of Illmater near Firewine Bridge. He's just asking for it.

I can't agree more. He Is perfect for my chaotic neutral play through, -4rep!

And he and my Barbed club of pain are a match made in celesta.

Also Peter of the North when not giving his boots.
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    Tazok over and over again
  • VakarianVakarian Member Posts: 94
    The drunk guy outside the temple near Beregost (the one who claims he's a lich and demands that you give him your money.) Well yeah, he's obviously not really a lich, but he did try to rob me.

*annoyed grunt at reputation loss for ridding the world of a drunken mugger with delusions of grandeur*
    elminster