Skip to content

Which class should a new NPC in the Adventure Y have?

2»

Comments

• doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    An NPC who may or may not be recruitable. But who will somehow send the party to another dimension thus explaining why bg2 takes place a year after bg1.

I refuse to have Irenicus be charnames capturer and torturer for a whole year and have all the time pretended him/her and the NPC'S doing something fruitful and exiting in that time
    MusignyBlackraven
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    doggy said:

An NPC who may or may not be recruitable. But who will somehow send the party to another dimension thus explaining why bg2 takes place a year after bg1.

I refuse to have Irenicus be charnames capturer and torturer for a whole year and have all the time pretended him/her and the NPC'S doing something fruitful and exiting in that time

Although this can be a good idea, this thread is more about a new party member and his class from your opinion.
    MusignyBlackraven
    Well it should be some sort of kit not seen before.

We have both a vampire, drows, and a bear so why not a duegar. On the other hand if recruitable it must be someone neutral to fit in with all alignments.

But definitely someone who is not a human or elf/half elf. Those we have in plenty.
    JuliusBorisovMusigny
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    bengoshi said:

So, the majority so far votes "for something new".

The most interesting is that SethDavis also put his voice here. Looks promising.

Even if it's not a gazebo.

Maybe a goblin then?

Isn't that a race, not a class?
    Musignyelminster
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    Cerevant said:

bengoshi said:

So, the majority so far votes "for something new".

The most interesting is that SethDavis also put his voice here. Looks promising.

Even if it's not a gazebo.

Maybe a goblin then?

Isn't that a race, not a class?
    Well, according to BG2EE, Wilson has a "class": Grizzly bear.

So, that's perfectly a class.
    jackjackMusignyGodbooinyoureyes
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    doggy said:

Well it should be some sort of kit not seen before.

We have both a vampire, drows, and a bear so why not a duegar. On the other hand if recruitable it must be someone neutral to fit in with all alignments.

But definitely someone who is not a human or elf/half elf. Those we have in plenty.

If we have a Duergar then he/she needs to be good just for the hell of it.
    Musigny
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Why not a svirfneblin?
    jackjackMusignyronaldo
  • killerrabbitkillerrabbit Member Posts: 402
    Cleric that will appear in BG2. Nearly every party I've made in BG2 has Viconia or Anomen in it and that combination is getting old, I'm ready for some new content. The game has more than enough fighter types -- it needs more clerics and thieves.
    JuliusBorisovArdulMusigny[Deleted User]
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100

Cleric that will appear in BG2. Nearly every party I've made in BG2 has Viconia or Anomen in it and that combination is getting old, I'm ready for some new content. The game has more than enough fighter types -- it needs more clerics and thieves.

Try Cernd. I've finally decided to use him and he is a great primary healer.
    Musignyjackjackkillerrabbit
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    Shadow dancer or assasin wou betray s you
    Musignyjackjackkillerrabbit

Shadow dancer or assasin wou betray s you

Saemon Havarian...
    jackjackkillerrabbit
  • AureolAureol Member Posts: 53
    I think a Wizard Slayer NPC would be pretty neat. A non-blade bard would be welcome also.

Going with the goblin suggestion, a goblin wizard-slayer going up against Irenicus would be WAY too cool! :smiley: Of course, assuming this Adventure Y NPC would also be available in BG2EE.
    JuliusBorisov
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Druid/thief
    Blackravenkillerrabbit
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Breach Gnome sounds cool.

I wonder where I heard that before @Elminister.
    BlackravenJuliusBorisovjackjackkillerrabbit
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Should be some sort of Bear Trapper to tie into Project Beartrap...which it just occurred to me could quite possibly be the story of Wilson.
    JuliusBorisovkillerrabbit
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    bengoshi said:

Well, according to BG2EE, Wilson has a "class": Grizzly bear.

So, that's perfectly a class.

His race and class are the same? He'd make an interesting subject in a political science course.
    jackjackkillerrabbit
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    I'd still like another thief. True Neutral assassin (Flair the character with 'honoring a contract' or some buiz to account for the neutrality. Like Leon in the move...Leon. Hell just make it a guy and call him Leon.) or a Good Shadow Dance.

To be honest I would not mind any subset of thief. Multiclasses especially either a cleric or druid or even a three way multiclass as long as thief is in there.

Otherwise Breachgnome sounds totally bloody radical.
    JuliusBorisovkillerrabbit
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited April 2015
    I edited my post because I forgot I was blue, had put on my D&D knowledge cap at that moment, and then realized afterwords that it might lead to people getting their hopes up over what I had written.
    JuliusBorisovBlackravenjackjackNonnahswriter
    elminster said:

I edited my post because I forgot I was blue, had put on my D&D knowledge cap at that moment, and then realized afterwords that it might lead to people getting their hopes up over what I had written.

And this is one of the few reasons I decided not to add that to the "facts" thread:)

Still, this remains a very much valid version of what would be actually in the Adventure Y. You've just given us an option:)
    elminster
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    edited May 2015
    The Barbarian is The ONLY Class In The Original Baldur's Gate Saga That Had NO Non-Player Character!

A Female Barbarian for the Win! Now how Cool is this Portrait? No damsel in distress here; No Siree! Just a stare that cuts steel!
    imageimage
    Thoughts:
    I want at least a Barbarian and not something new if it meant going without: The Barbarian! *Thumps Chest Rawr!!!*

Also I would favour to see another Half-Orc or some other under-used race option. I saw a Non-Player Character Mod that introduced a Barbarian named White and I think that it was Female Barbarian if I recall correctly. I like the Name and I like the Character Idea for the Mod. I feel that all of the other classes in the 'Current' Baldur's Gate Games have been made yet strangely enough no Barbarian has been made? HMMMN *Que Captain Obvious* 'I think that a New Non-Player Character will be a Barbarian since that we are going up North to friggin' Boareskyr Bridge AND Dragonspear Castle!'

Now if they don't add a Barbarian while we held north, that would be one HUGE missed opportunity on Beam Dog's Part. Hopefully it will be a female to dodge the 'Conan / Heman Trope' of Fantasy Bare-chested Fabio Barbarians.

P.S. Wouldn't it be funny if Beam Dog put a Barbarian into 'Adventure Y' with an anti-stereotypical ~18 Intellect and or ~18 Wisdom? (Since Nobody ever rolls a double 3 for their Barbarian's Intellect and Wisdom Scores am I right folks, or am I right? (" ͡° ' ͜ʖ ͡° ')

Expansion: I read @Blackraven 's post and I agree with the female dwarf. I would like to see a Female Dwarf Barbarian more so than another Human nor even the scant Half-Orc.. Or wait.. A Half-Orc Female Barbarian! I change my vote from a Female Dwarf Barbarian to Half-Orc Female Barbarian!
    Post edited by WithinAmnesia on
    NonnahswriterDelvarianproccoJuliusBorisov
    A bardbarian will be fine!
    bob_veng[Deleted User]Nonnahswriter
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    wizard slayer

that can be dualled to mage
    JuliusBorisov