Skip to content

Which element do you want to see the most in the Adventure Y?

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
With the "late spring" approaching, the chances of the Adventure Y announcement are increasing.

It would be interesting to see what element in particular do you think will be the most attractive (of course, with the hope it will really be there) for you in this game?
  1. Which element do you want to see the most in the Adventure Y?101 votes
    1. Riddles you can encounter through the run
        3.96%
    2. New monsters and tougher battles
        1.98%
    3. New classes and kits
        7.92%
    4. New spells and items
        0.99%
    5. New NPC(s)
        1.98%
    6. New UI/modding possibilities
        7.92%
    7. The actual story about what forced the charname's escape from BG to Amn
      27.72%
    8. Gazebos
        1.98%
    9. Are you joking? ALL OF THE ABOVE plus new soundtracks, soundsets, portraits and billion of other things, including possible altering of the party members locked in the cells in BG2
      35.64%
    10. Other (please, share your ideas)
        9.90%
MetallomanwubblelolienproccoAnduin

Comments

• SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I just want the story. If everything else is on par with BG1 and 2 EE's, I'm gonna be a happy cat. For me Adv.Y doesn't have to deliver more than the previous, just equally good.

I wouldn't mind subraces, new items of course, new NPC's (perhaps one or two which can be implemented into BG2 as well afterwards?) and some funny/inventive quests. Personally I would like fewer but tougher battles. I really don't like all those "One evil NPC vs CHARNAME + 5 NPC's"-battles. I think the Party vs Party battles are the most fun and challenging (not playing with SCS), so I would like to play a few of those.

It would be awesome if you had some kind of rival party you encounter more than once, and if you kill off one or two of them, they teleport away and resurrect their fallen comrades. And each time you meet them again, perhaps in a race for a potent artifact or whatever, they level up and become stronger and stronger, forcing you to adapt your strategies since that party to does multi and dual-classing etc. That would be a magnificent challenge and something I haven't really encountered in a RPG.
    JuliusBorisovElrandirDexterAdso
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Which element I do want to see the most in the Adventure Y?
    Why, the Ooze Para-Element of course! Such an obvious question...
    MetallomanlolienJuliusBorisov
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    I was going to say story, but I honestly think I am going to be disappointed with it.

That isn't to say I am not going to enjoy the writing, it is just after 15 years, we all have our own stories on how Character Name and company were captured. We had already filled in the blanks and Adventure Y is going to turn it around and say, Nope this happened instead, deal with it.

So I am lowering my expectations on that and going with new kits espcially something like a Breach Gnome.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    New spells, new shoes, new hairstyles, new pants-oh, who am I kidding? Who needs pants, right avatars?
    NonnahswriterJuliusBorisovkillerrabbit
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Changeable weapon sets.
    loliendeltagoJuliusBorisov
  • doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    A little bit of everything. I am greedy and want it all. As mentioned above we all have our own ideas on what really happened. But surprise on me if it isn't Saemon Havarians older brother who sets charname up. And that in a gazebo filled area.
    JuliusBorisov
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Unlike @deltago above, I don't have a fixed idea about how the protagonist came to leave BG between games, even though I, too, have been playing BG for many years.

Therefore what I'm mainly looking forward to seeing is the "official resolution" of the gap in the story.

I positively don't want a whole heap of new kits, new playable NPCs, new spells and items, and so on, because I want AdvY to maintain continuity with BG1ee andBG2ee. A little innovation would be okay, but more than a little would disrupt the plausibility of the continuity.

I'm also very curious to see how Beamdog will address the problem of what to do about the XP and levels gained in AdvY, so as to maintain consistency with the starting situation in BG2ee. I note (from another thread) that they reckon they've found a satisfactory solution (in which case congratulations to them!), but it beats me to figure out how it can be handled in a credible way.
    lolienJuliusBorisovDexterdunbar
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Moar modding capabilities!
    lolienJuliusBorisovGod
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    My vote is for Chlorine. Specifically the chlorine in a green dragon's breath!
    lolienJuliusBorisovdunbar
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    edited May 2015
    -LOTS of new items. I love seeing my character's appearance change over the course of the game.
    -New races. (There aren't a lot of options in this department, but subraces would be awesome)
    -New classes, or more specifically, new kits. I'd love a half-orc unique barbarian class, a halfling (slings!) variant of the archer (could possibly be a fighter kit, even.), a new asian inspired fighter variant like the samurai, or any other ideas they could come up with.
    -New portraits. ESPECIALLY new half-orc and halfling portraits. We're severely lacking in that department. We have plenty of elves, human, gnomes, and dwarves, but we could always use more of those too.

Edit:
    -And new colours of course. I'm not even joking. Give me a pure white, a true gold, a pitch black, and a bunch of other nice variations on colours. Make special "unique kit colours" available for everyone.
    SethDavislolienJuliusBorisov
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    edited May 2015
    i think , there is strong need to have a tougher battles, the new quests in bgee were rather simply, i would like to get something more challenging and connected maybe with legends of the sword coast, for example some ancient creature
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • killerrabbitkillerrabbit Member Posts: 402
    On riddles I'm hoping for more wisdom-of-the-ages statue and lying prisoner type puzzles. More word-meaning and logic puzzles and fewer math problems.

On NPCs -- fingers crossed for a good or neutral cleric that shows up in BG2.
    ElrandirJuliusBorisovlolien
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I would like two dialogue lines that are exactly the same but one would have in brackets 'lie' added at the end. That would be awesome.
    ElrandirJuliusBorisov
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    All of 'em hardcoded things... hunt them down and kill them!
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited June 2015
    But above all, I'd like to see:

- New races from Neverwinter Nights, like Drows, Tielfings, …
    - New joinable NPCs.
    - BAELOTH again.
    - Cleric kit for Viconia.
    - New items.
    - New kits for Rangers ( like the Arcane Archer....) & Mages/Sorcerers ( like the Pale Master or the Red Wizard of Thay.....).
    - New areas, dungeons & cities ( it would be nice to visit Luskan or Porto Llast..... ).
    - LOTS of portraits & sound sets ( especially for iOS users who cannot mod the game....).
    - Beholders, Mind Flayers & Vampires;
    - Critical hit & critical miss remarks;
    - Easter Eggs! Lots of Easter Eggs!
    Post edited by _Luke_ on
    JuliusBorisovlolienVasculio
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    I hope we get to fight Tazok again. That dude deserves it.
    ElrandirJuliusBorisovlolien
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    New races sounds like fun.

Tiefling and drow. Start off with -2 to Rep, and Rep maxes at 16. High reputation gives 1/2 it's usual discount. Former gives extra dialogue with Viconia/Drizzt, latter gives extra dialogue with Haerdalis. Most quests' monetary rewards are reduced as well.

Insert actual drow penalties for being in daylight, and cause tieflings to always ping as evil (so the paladins in BG always attack and spells which effect evil alignments work on you).

It'd be awesome. Gold comes alot slower, expensive items stay expensive even on good playthroughs. That, and I like the idea of built in racism against Charname.
    JuliusBorisov
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    @Grum Rep maxes at 16? That'd be a super easy way to be a goody two-shoes and yet never worry about losing your evil party members. I'm against that one, even though I'd use it often. The other ideas could work, but the rep cap isn't the best way to do that.
    Grum
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Elrandir said:

@Grum Rep maxes at 16? That'd be a super easy way to be a goody two-shoes and yet never worry about losing your evil party members. I'm against that one, even though I'd use it often. The other ideas could work, but the rep cap isn't the best way to do that.

Good point. I suppose nerfing the benefit of the reputation would be enough then.
    Elrandir
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Perky Illithid ladies.

(or new NPCs, classes and kits would do too. I'm a sucker for those)
    JuliusBorisovSkatanlolienAnduin
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    None.

Give me good writing, please.

Everything else is secondary.
    AstroBryGuy