Skip to content

I hate that....

[fill in the blank and share your BG follies, embarrassments, frustrations, and disasters here*]

* There have been enough discussions about features and bugs. I'd prefer to restrict this to actual gameplay.
lolienJuliusBorisovbooinyoureyes

Comments

• lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    There are so few dialogue and quest options related to attribute values, alignment, class and race.

Then again, an rp walkthrough would take me twice as long of it would
    Fiendish_WarriorJuliusBorisovElrandir
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I hate that ferret familiars use the groundhog avatar.
    Fiendish_WarriorlolienJuliusBorisovButtercheese
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    Nimran said:

I hate that ferret familiars use the groundhog avatar.

This.
    They also use a wombat inventory icon which is almost equally disturbing.
    Fiendish_WarriorlolienJuliusBorisov
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Cursed scrolls have a higher lore rating than protection scrolls.
    lolienJuliusBorisovwubbleFiendish_Warrior
    Grum said:

deltago said:

Cursed scrolls have a higher lore rating than protection scrolls.

What's wrong with that?

"This scroll seems...off. I haven't seen anything like it before."

"What do you mean? It looks like a protection from acid scroll to me."

"Yeah, it does, doesn't it? I don't know...it seems off. I wouldn't read it if I were you, not until we figure out exactly what it does."

Because you know you can trash it if your lore is high enough to identify the real thing. It defeats the purpose.
    Fiendish_WarriorQuartz
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    edited June 2015
    deltago said:

Because you know you can trash it if your lore is high enough to identify the real thing. It defeats the purpose.

Off topic: I've played the game a thousand times, I never keep tabs on exactly what lore level is needed to identify different items.

Edit: sry for not following the thread rules, edited now.

On topic: I hate that there isn't a single F/M or F->M NPC.
    Post edited by Skatan on
    Fiendish_Warrior
    bengoshi said:

I hate that you can't romance Aerie and still keep Haer'Dalis in your party eventually.

You can :wink:
    Fiendish_WarriorNonnahswriter
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    deltago said:

bengoshi said:

I hate that you can't romance Aerie and still keep Haer'Dalis in your party eventually.

WHAT? I CAN ROMANCE MY WINGY ELF AND STILL HAVE THAT TIEFLING? how? HOW CAN I DO IT?
    Fiendish_WarriorNonnahswriter
  • Fiendish_WarriorFiendish_Warrior Member Posts: 309
    I hate that Black Dragon Gate serves no purpose. I felt a tinge of fear when I first walked upon it, thinking, "Nothing with a name like this can assuredly be any good." Imagine the disappointment when I completed the game and still never accessed it. Oh Adventure Y.....please use it!

BTW, this reminds me, did anyone else traverse Wyrm Crossing with a great deal of paranoia the first time? I think every Final Fantasy game I have ever played used long bridges for ambushes or confrontations. I distinctly remember approaching Wyrm's Crossing and thinking, "Oh man! Here we go!," making sure I was ready for serious battle.
    BlackravenJuliusBorisovAdso
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    bengoshi said:

deltago said:

bengoshi said:

WHAT? I CAN ROMANCE MY WINGY ELF AND STILL HAVE THAT TIEFLING? how? HOW CAN I DO IT?
    I think if you progress the romance with Aerie far to a certain point and then get HD, he won't try to steal your girl. Don't quote me on that, though.
    Fiendish_WarriorJuliusBorisovQuartzButtercheese
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Grum said:

I hate that whenever I get to Balduran's Isle, I never have anyone who has proficiency in bastard swords, and my only knife wielder is a thief.

Greater Wolfwere. Only able to be harmed by two items in the game. Nobody in the party keeps holding those weapons by the blade and try to hit the wolfwere with the pommel.

So I paralyze the guy, haste everyone, and then slowly take him down. All the while he is probably thinking:

"To end...like this?!"

There's actually a longsword that can hurt him in Durlag's Tower. Just FYI.
    Fiendish_WarriorJuliusBorisovQuartz
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Fiendish_WarriorJuliusBorisov
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Maybe? I believe there are four items that can hurt Karoug. I have no idea if that number was ever smaller. Two of them are bastard swords, so there being two of them doesn't do most players much good. The others are a longsword and a dagger. Which, incidentally, is why solo clerics do not generally enjoy the island.
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisov