Skip to content

I hate that....

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I hate that the travel times between areas in BG1 are messed up: quite often it takes one amount of hours to travel from a map to a map and completely different amount of hours to travel back.
    Fiendish_Warrior[Deleted User]Ardul
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,456
    Isn't it for the Aerie/Haer'Dalis thing that eventually he'll challange you to a duel of honor over her and if you decline the duel Aerie chooses you?
    Fiendish_Warrior
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    edited June 2015
    elminster said:

Kondar +1 (+3 vs Shapeshifters) - You can find two copies of this in the game

Erm ... are you sure? Last time I looked, EE had removed the second copy of Kondar ...
    which used to be in Ulgoth's Beard.
    Or has EE merely moved it somewhere else where I haven't yet found it?
    elminster
    lunar said:

bengoshi said:

deltago said:

bengoshi said:

I hate that you can't romance Aerie and still keep Haer'Dalis in your party eventually.

You can :wink:
    WHAT? I CAN ROMANCE MY WINGY ELF AND STILL HAVE THAT TIEFLING? how? HOW CAN I DO IT?
    I think if you progress the romance with Aerie far to a certain point and then get HD, he won't try to steal your girl. Don't quote me on that, though.
    Yes, that rings a bell from the old days, i.e. in original BG2. I recall that you could keep both Aerie and Haer'Dalis either (easily) by getting to a certain point (I forget exactly what) in the Aerie romance before recruiting Haer'Dalis, or (not so easily) by giving the correct sequence of responses in dialogue (even if you recruited Haer'Dalis quite early).

I haven't (yet) tested this combination since the EE came out, although I plan to do so sometime.
    Fiendish_WarriorQuartz[Deleted User]
    Jarrakul said:

bengoshi said:

I hate that the travel times between areas in BG1 are messed up: quite often it takes one amount of hours to travel from a map to a map and completely different amount of hours to travel back.

Maybe one of them's on a hill and the party gets tired going up it?
    Yes, that's how I've always explained away the difference in travel times when moving in opposite directions along the same route: uphill and downhill.

Fiendish_WarriorSkatanlolien
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    Grum said:

Today I found out another workaround. The Wand of Polymorphing!

The Greater Wolfwere? Turned him into a squirrel and one shotted him. Great!
    Then the Loup Garou on the ship? Turned her into a squirrel and one shotted her. Awesome!
    Came back to the mainland. Mendas the greater werewolf? Squirreled! Killed in one blow. Cheese...

So yeah. Three fights that are normally pretty tough (especially the wolfwere one where you fight a half dozen normal wolfweres at the same time) turned into the case of casually stomping on a confused squirrel.

No special items needed. No spells. No traps. Just a single charge of a wand.

:smile:
    GrumFiendish_Warrior
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Karoug: Mission Weresquirrel accomplished.
    Fiendish_WarriorQuartz
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I squirrel thing is amazing, but I should note that most parties can manage just as well with a simple wand of paralysis and then just wailing on Karoug for a bit. Of course, that doesn't help solo clerics much, so they should still love the polymorph thing. Plus it's way more entertaining.
    Fiendish_Warrior
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2015

elminster said:

Kondar +1 (+3 vs Shapeshifters) - You can find two copies of this in the game

Erm ... are you sure? Last time I looked, EE had removed the second copy of Kondar ...
    which used to be in Ulgoth's Beard.
    Or has EE merely moved it somewhere else where I haven't yet found it?
    Yea looks like it was replaced with a Bastard Sword +1. Probably for consistency reasons (should only be one of them in existence kind of thing).
    Fiendish_WarriorQuartzlolien
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    For some reason I've been really lucky since getting the enhanced edition and haven't broken a single weapon.
    JuliusBorisovFiendish_Warriorlolien
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    I hate that bards aren't all-powerful beings
    Fiendish_WarriorNonnahswriterlolienTomako
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

I hate that bards aren't all-powerful beings

Thats what Throne of Bhaal is for. :)
    Fiendish_Warriorbooinyoureyeslolien
  • PuddytatPuddytat Member Posts: 3
    I hate that you can't have more NPC's in your party at the same time.
    Fiendish_WarriorButtercheesebooinyoureyeslolien
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Quartz said:

One that I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned … Bloody breaking weapons until you get your enchanted ones. Cripes! Axes and long swords seem to break particularly frequently … My axes break CONSTANTLY, and there aren't any enchanted ones for a LONG while unless you buy the one from Feldepost!

This! D: I'm having this problem with my halberd-using cavalier. :cry:
    Fiendish_WarriorlolienQuartz
  • Fiendish_WarriorFiendish_Warrior Member Posts: 309

I hate it when you are rolling your Ability Scores too fast and this happens: *71, 77, 78, 76, 77, 77, 95, 71 -Dammit!* I hate that.

Just rolled my first 97 the other day (previous record was 95). It was in Icewind Dale with, of all characters, a Totemic Druid. It was bittersweet because I would loved to have rolled that with a Fighter or Mage kit instead.
    WithinAmnesiaJuliusBorisov
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    edited June 2015
    It would be amazing if someone made Boo into an actual familiar and give him "slayer" form as special ability or something, hehe.. or as Grum said, some great ability to simulate his awesomeness. If he gets hurt below 0 HP, he should retreat back to Minsc's warm embrace to recuperate, just like Hexxat and her coffin.

Edit: sry for not following the thread rules!
    Fiendish_WarriorWithinAmnesiaJuliusBorisov
    I hate that there's no spell in the game that helps to bring back chunked companions.
    Jarrakul