Skip to content

The Only Poll That Matters: Are You Buying SoD?

shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
  1. The Only Poll That Matters: Are You Buying SoD?392 votes
    1. Pre-ordering it as soon as possible
      55.10%
    2. Purchasing it at launch
      23.72%
    3. Waiting to hear reviews/feedback as to SoD's quality
      15.82%
    4. Not buying SoD unless (INSERT RATIONALE HERE)
        3.57%
    5. Not buying SoD at all
        1.79%
elminsterStarflower2525kaguanaRavenslightkcwiseAstroBryGuyjackjack[Deleted User]dunbarArdanisVakarianIllustairDungeonnoobSmilingSwordVasculioCaeriaBalquoCandramelekhButtercheeseJuliusBorisovMoradinlolienXar105GemHound

Comments

• OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    Definitly getting it. I never pre ordered any game. But this might be my first
    JuliusBorisovGeron
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    VakariankaguanabooinyoureyesJuliusBorisov
  • Starflower2525Starflower2525 Member Posts: 44
    I'm going to pre order.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    IF it's available at GOG that is, ELSE I'll postpone my buying until the release of the GOG-version.
    [Deleted User]Ithual
  • billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
    I've gotten burned buying games sight unseen before. Never again. I'll wait for the reviews and for a GoG version.
    Daevelon
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    I'm pretty hype for it.
    JuliusBorisov
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I would like to preorder, but I'll likely just end up putting it off until it comes out.
    DexterJuliusBorisov
  • ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377
    Baldur's Gate was the first game I really played on my own (and failed utterly =P)
    BG2 was the first game I bought myself.
    I may have stopped playing PC games, but never a BG game, Pre-Order it is :D
    (And I can even play it on my computer, unlike most other new games ;-) )
    OzzyBotkinsJuliusBorisov
  • VakarianVakarian Member Posts: 94
    I will also pre-order if I can. Super excited to see how the story will tie BG1 and 2 together.

Also, I love how the Beamdog folks are saying that they won't be pressed to meet any particular release date, so the game won't ship until it's finished properly. I'm happy to wait a little longer if it means I get to play a more polished game when it comes out.
    JuliusBorisov
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Most likely I'll wait for reviews and opinions. Also, I might not want to pre-order/buy at launch since I know that playing this expansion is going to feel little awkward, regardless of the quality due to language difference between expansion and base EE.
  • Airman1991Airman1991 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 50
    I would like to pre-order, but since I plan on using Steam, I will probably have to wait until it comes out to get it, unless Steam offers a pre-purchase option.
  • doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    I also can get a hardcopy for my collection. It needs to be complete.

But do I want SoD: Yes yes yes
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    I'll either pre-order it, wait for a pre-order deal, or buy it at launch.
    JuliusBorisov
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    I might pre order it but if not I'll definitely get it when it launches.
    JuliusBorisov
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Price point for pre order may make me wait till a sale but we will see.
    JuliusBorisov
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    edited July 2015
    I'm pre-ordering it because this time maybe there will be a real badge! Hey, a sword can dream, people.
    PaladinJuliusBorisov
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I'm really looking forward to it but my computer isn't. I'm currently using a steam-powered Mac that doesn't meet the specs (it will run BG:EE but won't do SoD - what has changed?). Anyway, I will have to wait until I can afford to upgrade.
    jackjack
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    It goes against my better judgment of pre-ordering in general, but hey, let's spin the wheel. IWDEE gave me confidence that the devs can give us a stable release at launch.
    kaguanaRavenslightlolienJuliusBorisov
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Not buying it unless it is on my iphone.
    jackjack
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190

I'm really looking forward to it but my computer isn't. I'm currently using a steam-powered Mac that doesn't meet the specs (it will run BG:EE but won't do SoD - what has changed?). Anyway, I will have to wait until I can afford to upgrade.

SoD is going to have 100% new painted, rendered backgrounds and might use some of IWD's updated spell graphix, so I imagine that's the majority of the performance increase.
    Permidion_Starkjackjack
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    We'll see how much it costs. I might try and get it on sale. I've got PoE to finish.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

The only difference I see is the version of OSX.

Siege of Dragonspear:
    Operating System: Mac OS X 10.8 or newer
    CPU: Dual Core Processor
    Memory: 512 MB RAM
    Graphics: OpenGL 2.0 compatible
    Hard Drive: 2.17 GB HD space
    * Requires Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition to play

BGEE:
    Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later
    CPU: Dual Core Processor
    Memory: 512 MB RAM
    Graphics: OpenGL 2.0 compatible
    Storage: 2.17 GB hard drive space

I wonder if the OSX version requirement is because of some new API Beamdog is using.

@Dee - Is there a reason the minimum OSX version went up to 10.8? The hardware specs (which my 7 year old Mac meet easily) didn't change.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    We'll see
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    I have been waiting twelve years for a new BG, I won't wait anymore. And I will even pre-order it if it comes with bonuses. I trust Beamdog will provide good content. They already have.
  • AWizardDidItAWizardDidIt Member Posts: 197
    I imagine I'll get it on day of release but I'll probably read a bit about it first and I likely won't play it until the new changes are implemented into BG:EE so I can start an extended playthrough of the series starting from the beginning.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    I'm going to preorder it, and then get it again once it's released on GOG.
    VarwulfJuliusBorisov
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239

I imagine I'll get it on day of release but I'll probably read a bit about it first and I likely won't play it until the new changes are implemented into BG:EE so I can start an extended playthrough of the series starting from the beginning.

BG:EE isn't the problem, they'll have to patch it for SoD's launch anyway. BG2:EE might take a bit longer, especially if they're waiting on SoD sales data and feedback to decide whether to implement some/all of the SoD characters into BG2.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Arunsun said:

I have been waiting twelve years for a new BG, I won't wait anymore. And I will even pre-order it if it comes with bonuses. I trust Beamdog will provide good content. They already have.

The only pre-order bonuses that Beamdog has given in the past have been a forum badge and a chance to be a beta tester for the game. They are not big on "exclusive in game items" like the big (*cough* EA *cough*) companies do, they believe anybody who buys the game should have the same content regardless of when they decide to buy the game.
    jackjack