Skip to content

The terrible things we do because we are lazy.

So have you ever done something horrible because you couldn't be bothered to do the longer good alternative?

I have and it mostly happens towards the end of a day's play, when I'm tired and really just don't care about RPing or random NPC's anymore.

My shameful examples:

- Killed Valygar because I didn't want him in my party, but did want the planar sphere.

- Killed Brage because I encountered him before I had explored all of the map and didn't want to make a return trip.

- Ctrl Y'd a waiter, in a tavern because he decided to stand on some loot.

What evil has laziness made you perform?
RavenslightButtercheeseGirewanQuartzKilivitzJuliusBorisov

Comments

• doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    Ctrl+y dynaheir or jaheira or Khalid because I couldn't be bothered sending them naked on ankheg hunting.

Ctrl+y'd melissan because I wanted to see the ending with other NPC's that I brought in thru the pocket plane instead of playing the entire game over again.

Ctrl+j on maps I have been over.

I always kill Valygar if I don't need him in the group. I need to go to the planar sphere every time.

Installed dungeon-be-gone.

Doesn't identify items I know by heart what is.
    SmilingSwordRavenslightQuartzJuliusBorisov
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    The farmers in BG1 with the elemental bowl. It is a *huge* walk to talk to them, then the priestess, then go back, and return again to the priestess. So I usually just kill them without even talking and return the damn bowl...
    SmilingSwordRavenslightQuartzJuliusBorisov
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    @SmilingSword said:
    Ctrl Y'd a waiter, in a tavern because he decided to stand on some loot.

Though I’ve never done this, I must confess that my protagonist has fantasized about tossing a magic missile at one of the guards as she impatiently taps her foot, waiting for him to move off of Tarnesh’s remains on the steps of the Friendly Arms. They always seem to stand on top of him in my game. :)

@semiticgod said:
    Not letting my characters sleep at inns because it costs 1 gold.

Now that is frugal behavior at it’s finest. :)
    GrumSmilingSwordDragonspearJuliusBorisov
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790

Not letting my characters sleep at inns because it costs 1 gold.

That's pure evil.
    SmilingSwordJuliusBorisov
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    How about killing Noober in Nashkel?
    JuliusBorisov
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    I don't remember all the occassions, but I stole the lightgem from the gnomes in the Underdark and then killed Adalon :X I should mention that the Underdark section of the game is my least favourite, because I don't like dungeoncrawling a whole lot, so I always try to bring it behind me as quickly as possible >.>
    RavenslightJuliusBorisov
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609

Reading through all this, I realize I am not a very nice person. Not at ALL....

Oh do tell! :smiley:
    JuliusBorisov
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Indeed there are some remarkably lazy people here!

When playing an Evil protagonist, I've sometimes killed Valygar, stolen the Light Gem, killed Adalon, and various other nasty things ... but obviously those are legitimate role-playing choices for the Evil path.

I don't recall ever doing any of these things merely as a short-cut.
    RavenslightJuliusBorisov
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    Overwhelm enemy with mordkiaser Sword and summon skeleton because I am too lazy to fight myself.
    RavenslightSmilingSwordJuliusBorisov
    Jarrakul said:

Wow. I'm impressed by some of you folks. I think the worst thing I've ever done out of laziness is not actually clearing the Firewine Bridge. Walk into back entrance, kill end guy, walk out back entrance, get paid by halflings for "clearing" the still-kobold-infested bridge.

That isn't lazy. Kolbolds breed like...well...kolbolds. You won't fully clear them out. The only reason they were giving the halflings any trouble was because of the ogre mage's leadership. Kill him and solve the problem. That's fine in my book.
    QuartzSmilingSwordGreenWarlockJuliusBorisov
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Grum said:

Kolbolds breed like...well...kolbolds. You won't fully clear them out.

In original BG1, that's true. In BG1ee, you can indeed kill them all, and then there's none left to breed more ... or at least not for a long while.
    QuartzSmilingSwordJuliusBorisov

Back before resting unpaused the game, I wouldn't bother going to the inns in Beregost, Nashkel or Baldur's Gate, so I'd rest outside, a guard would catch me, I'd rest again before the guard started to approach me, and I'd repeat the process. Sometimes there would be more than 100 Flaming Fists standing by me before they finally gave up trying to wake me.

Turn them hostile and fight an actual army!
    SmilingSwordOlvynChuruJuliusBorisov
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Console- ExploreArea()
  • DragonOfShadesDragonOfShades Member Posts: 56

I don't remember all the occassions, but I stole the lightgem from the gnomes in the Underdark and then killed Adalon :X I should mention that the Underdark section of the game is my least favourite, because I don't like dungeoncrawling a whole lot, so I always try to bring it behind me as quickly as possible >.>

Instead of killing Adalon you can just turn into drow and pass the door guards to the surface. I think this way is easier)
    ButtercheeseSmilingSwordJuliusBorisov
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Not only do I use Dungeon Be Gone, but I also maximize the XP my PC is given during the teleport out by sending Imoen into the next room, closing the door, and then kicking her out of the party. That way, I get 100K XP for myself, or possibly split it with Yoshimo.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    edited August 2015
    Encouraging people to pirate games for any reason is not something that is allowed on this forum.
    - bengoshi
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
  • FandraxxFandraxx Member Posts: 193
    Attempted to take a man's hamster away from him. Continued to click on it afterwards to hear the squeaking noise.
    doggySmilingSwordButtercheeseJuliusBorisov
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    This just happen like 2 days ago, so I was doing the Unseeing Eye quest and had just met my first group of beholders. Now I noticed something wasn't right when instead of shooting death rays at my party they slowly floated over and tried to bite Viconia. Well Vicky wasn't all too keen on their strange Beholder greeting rituals and promptly gave the nearest one a flail to the face. So after they were dead I just carried on, not feeling like reinstalling SCS because it takes like a hour to finish.
    I finished the Unseeing Eye in about 5 mins flat, didn't even bother to buff just used haste. It was kind of funny to see beholders trying to eat my party.

I eventually did fix it yesterday and beholders are casting spells again, well the twisted rune one was, but I only did it because something broke my romance and I had to reinstall BG2tweaks, so I just did SCS as well.
    JuliusBorisov
    Those weren't beholders. It was a scooby doo show and you murdered the villain rather than unmask him...
    SmilingSwordPermidion_StarkEmpyrialJuliusBorisov