Skip to content

Unpopular opinions

Comments

• DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    I like Hexxat, suck it!
    VallmyrAndrewFoleySvar
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Well, this thread is for unpopular opinions! Where else then, if not here ;)
    NimranQuartzlolienThacoBell
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    I like to make my fighters wield quarterstaves.

Polymorph Self is an awesome spell (actually, I'm not sure if that opinion is unpopular). The ogre form does more damage with its bare hands than most giants do with weapons. The slime form has amazing magic resistance. The sword spider form is like a sword spider except better, because it's poisonous.
    semiticgoddessBlackravenBanArdJuliusBorisov
  • NaveenNaveen Member Posts: 81
    edited August 2015
    Sidereal translation spell out chaotic events in your future if you keep holding such unpopular notions.
    Quartz
  • FrancoisFrancois Member Posts: 452

You are one of many fireflies dancing for a moment in the night, feeling at your brightest that you can illuminate the universe at will. *I* am a star.

Such INSOLENCE!!

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Swords are overrated no matter how you see them. It's better to replace all of them within the IE games with Horseman's picks, clubs, or similar bludgeon weapons.

Also, Carsomyr would be much more attractive as a divine club!
    JuliusBorisovlolienJatrrr
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    This thread quickly went from unpopular opinions to random complaints/observations.
    VallmyrNimran
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @FinneousPJ: The comment directly before yours is an example of a genuinely unpopular opinion. It's not the least bit random, and judging from the many, many complaints I've heard about the Jaheira romance, @Quartz is expressing (1) an opinion that is (2) unpopular.
    FinaLfrontQuartz
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,146
    edited August 2015
    The FW190 was a pretty good fighter that truly dominated for less than a year before being eclipsed by superior allied types from Spitfire Mk IX to P-47D to LA-5.

Dang, right thread, wrong forum...
    dunbarlolienmashedtatersMalicron
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
    atcDave said:

The FW190 was a pretty good fighter that truly dominated for less than a year before being eclipsed by superior allied types from Spitfire Mk IX to P-47D to LA-5.

I was thoroughly confused by that post XD.
    atcDave
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    You could use Zone of Sweet Air (level 3 cleric spell, if I'm not mistaken).
    JuliusBorisov
  • FrancoisFrancois Member Posts: 452
    There's the divine spell Zone of Sweet Air that will instantly dispell all clouds. Also, when I have to wait for something, I usually do ALT-TAB and go do something else on my computer for a few minutes; the time keeps running even when the program is in the background.
    KilivitzJuliusBorisovkensai
    Finding out that the EEs keep running when out of focus was a great moment for me. I used to try to do that in the original games and become frustrated when they went into a force-pause of sorts.

Or crashed.
    semiticgoddessQuartzJuliusBorisov
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    edited August 2015
    I literally hate every portrait in BG one except for 2, and the two portraits I don't hate seems to be the only two black guys in the game. This includes npc portraits, oh and Dynahier's portrait.

I'm such a racist. :lol::lol::lol:

There is literally no PC portrait session in bg2 I like, and I hate the vast majority of npc portraits with only a handful of exceptions; Viconia and Sedna being two of them.
    Skatansemiticgoddessmashedtaters
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Kilivitz said:

You could use Zone of Sweet Air (level 3 cleric spell, if I'm not mistaken).

It's kind of annoying to use a spell to get rid of my own spell. Also, Zone of Sweet Air doesn't get rid of Web.
    abacusFinaLfront
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Vallmyr said:

atcDave said:

I think it was about planes?
    VallmyratcDave
    Nimran said:

Vallmyr said:

atcDave said:

I think it was about planes?
    I thought the same thing lol
    Nimran
  • BGLoverBGLover Member Posts: 550
    I thought it was about Fokkers!
    BGLover said:

Language!
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    BGLover said:

But these Fokkers were Messerschmidts!
    lolien
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @BillyYank were flying*, right?
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,146
    BGLover said:

Focke-Wulfs, close!
    lolien
    I liked Hexxat. Her and Val'myr bashed heads a little because he's like, "I'M TRYING TO SAVE IMOEN; STOP YOUR WHINING ABOUT YOUR JOB OR WHATEVER."

Other than that though she's cool. Since I RP as a Drow I don't see a Vampire as too far-fetched.
    JuliusBorisovSvarMalicron