Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    kamuizin said:

lroumen said:

Isn't it all just semantics? I think the point is that the cameos and playability of bg1 npcs in bg2 are not going to be changed after SoD is released.
    I would be really surprised if they did change those things in bg2.

But Dragonsiege NPCs can be added to BG2EE, and that's the only point valid to argument. BG:EE core NPCs we know from a long time that wouldn't be changed.

I hardly see changes as surprise in BG2 from Dragonsiege history (Beamdog 100% copyright content).

Just to stop fallacy, Dragonsiege NPCs are NPCs presented on Darksiege campaign ONLY, not BG:EE NPCs that appear in Dragonsiege.
    oh but on that point (sod npcs) I fully agree. I think it is not strange that when well received they may be ported to bg2.
    But I think zarugals rant was about bg1 npcs and there I think it is a lot different (What I tried to say in my previous post)
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    Who says fate can't be changed? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8N9_i1HgBg
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    edited September 2015
    Hi @bengoshi

As you mentioned in another thread ,
    The last day of the summer. It's time to gather additional details from everywhere about SoD.

Beamdog locate their office in Edmonton ,
    Here i checked with Wiki show:

Typically, summer lasts from late June until early September in Edmonton,
    It means that we can expect we get more detailed around 1 weeks later ?
    Would you please give us some hint ,
    Post edited by darrenkuo on
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Anduin said:

Larryl, Darryl and Darryl go on a road trip of epic proportions...

I'm Larry the sorcerer, this is my brother Darryl the paladin and my other brother Darryl the Skald...

They could be a party of high-level adventurers you can recruit to help on some quest.

I dont see how Darrylcan be a skald. He doesn't talk (except for the last episode).
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    deltago said:

Anduin said:

Larryl, Darryl and Darryl go on a road trip of epic proportions...

I'm Larry the sorcerer, this is my brother Darryl the paladin and my other brother Darryl the Skald...

They could be a party of high-level adventurers you can recruit to help on some quest.

I dont see how Darrylcan be a skald. He doesn't talk (except for the last episode).

He could rock some kick-ass lute solos. I think not being able to talk would be worse for a paladin. He wouldn't be able to get up in anyone's business and nag them.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Wait... So my excuse for buying BG:EE on android is no longer valid!

*Anduin goes into hiding*
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Anduin said:

Wait... So my excuse for buying BG:EE on android is no longer valid!

*Anduin goes into hiding*

Your excuse is BG3! :P
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    bengoshi said:

This will be interesting for those who want to play SoD on their mobile devices. It seems it's still not set in stone whether you need BG1EE on your mobile device to play SoD on it or not.

I don't think Trent's tweet should be read as "Will BG:EE be needed to play SoD on mobile?" but "Will the BG:EE DLC's be needed to play SoD on mobile?" Remember Dorn and Neera are not included in the base version of BG:EE on mobile.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Also worthy of notice: Neera is a tiefling. I wonder if the BG character was based on the PnP one or the other way around. It would have been fun to have another tiefling companion in BG.
  • CendarCendar Member Posts: 27
    Also of note, Neera on this character sheet seems to be a sorceress who can wield a light crossbow...

In other news when was that Epilogue text lost? I don't remember that from the original game.
  • JarlJarl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 100
    Yes, it never appeared in the original game and there exists no voice over, but a chapter-screen (GUICHP8B.MOS). It's some kind of unfinished business. Bioware took it out and the game ends with that outro-movie instead.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Cendar said:

Also of note, Neera on this character sheet seems to be a sorceress who can wield a light crossbow...

Sorcerers could use crossbows in edition 3.5. This is probably 5th edition.

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Personally I wouldn't mind a unique crossbow for Neera in SoD, kind of Moonblade for Xan.
  • DavideDavide Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,698
    edited September 2015
    Sorry if I come back to the Pantalone matter, but as Italian my fingers are itching, since I can give a small addition that I didn't see in other posts.

The character from the Commedia dell'Arte is a wealthy man and he spends his money very easily, not necessarily because he wants to.
    This last bit is related to a common Italian saying, "Tanto paga Pantalone" (at any rate, Pantalone is paying), that can be used when money gets wasted, or more generally when a lot of money is spent, not necessarily for a good reason, and especially because of someone else from Pantalone.
    So, someone creates the problem and Pantalone has to solve it with his money.

Ps: to come back on trail, when @Dee mentioned the character, I was actually trying to find a link between SoD and this element, but I didn't succeed yet.
    Davide said:

Ps: to come back on trail, when @Dee mentioned the character, I was actually trying to find a link between SoD and this element, but I didn't succeed yet.

Maybe @Dee is buying us all a copy of SoD. That fits doesnt it?
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    deltago said:

Davide said:

I wish...
  • DavideDavide Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,698
    deltago said:

Davide said:

Or, that someone provokes some troubles during the Crusade, and the PG has to make it up for it at his/her expenses?
    Davide said:

deltago said:

Davide said:

come back on trail, when @Dee mentioned the character, I was actually trying to find a link between SoD and this element, but I didn't succeed yet.

Or, that someone provokes some troubles during the Crusade, and the PG has to make it up for it at his/her expenses?
    This is a RPG trope, and I would be surprised if it wasn't in the game already.

How do you outfit an army after all the iron in the region is crumbling and you single handedly in a foolish attempt to thwart your enemy drowned out one of the closest sources of metal in the region that could have been used for the greater good and hasten a rebuilding effort.

You will probably be paying for that choice, literally, as uncorrupted iron is imported in. How much depends on how well equiped you want the sieging force to be, or even having a limit on the metal and you have to choose how tondivide it (swords for everyone with leather armour, or chain for everyone, with clubs and quarterstaves.)
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Phil, buddy...get rekt, son.

@deltago
    This is why my characters, the smart ones, anyway, never drown the mine. My evil characters intend to reopen the mine and profit immensely. I doubt even SoD will have the forethought to make this a reality, sadly.