Skip to content

Halloween - are you dressing up this year?

Comments

• NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Nimran said:

I dressed up as a retail employee. Mass terror and hysteria ensued.

I had a friend who did that. The authenticity was remarkable!
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    I went to a pub crawl with the missus. I was Biker Jesus (regular Jesus, but with boots and a leather jacket over the robes) and she was a Biker Nun.

Before the crawl started the 50 people or so were asked to form a big circle. Everybody was supposed to tell the other their names and where they were from.

Once it was my turn I scoffed at everybody and said "well... Jesus, from Nazareth."

I'm glad people actually laughed. If they hadn't, it would've been one of the most pathetic moments of my life.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    If I feel like giving out candy for Halloween, I will usually hold my snake while doing so.
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Sounds like a good way to end up on a registry.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I ended up handing out candy. Only about 12 kids showed up...so I ended up eating some of it. Just me being selfless there . :)
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Answering the door holding your ball python still sounds like a good way to end up on a registry, though.
    I recognise that person! It's Maud Max!
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    edited November 2015
    Tresset said:

*Tresset rolls his eyes* I am of course referring to Marble, my ball python.

You found it at your home? O.o?

scriver said:

Answering the door holding your ball python still sounds like a good way to end up on a registry, though.

@scriver how is that? I don't follow...
    brus said:

Tresset said:

*Tresset rolls his eyes* I am of course referring to Marble, my ball python.

You found it at your home? O.o?

@brus Of course not. I got her at a pet store. Wild ball pythons live in Africa IIRC. I live in the northern US.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    edited November 2015
    Tresset said:

scriver said:

I don't think they are talking about the snake. The term 'Python' is often used as a euphemism for something else entirely.
    Post edited by the_spyder on
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    A couple days late, but enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmwu-srjEh4
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Ball Python

Tresset said:

scriver said:

scriver how is that? I don't follow...
    I don't think they are talking about the snake. The term 'Python' is often used as a euphemism for something else entirely.
    Ah, so it is a joke then? I tend to miss jokes as a part of my condition.

Tresset said:

scriver said:

As are "balls", as I am sure we all know ;)
    That was the whole point of the joke though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Tresset said:

Tresset said:

scriver said:

scriver how is that? I don't follow...
    Ah, so it is a joke then? I tend to miss jokes as a part of my condition.
    As jokes go, it was probably in quite poor taste. Just saying... But enough said about this as it is not the appropriate forum (actual pun intended).
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    So, how about this year?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Not on Halloween. But I'm getting my fair share of costumes on carneval, 11th November at 11:11 a.m!
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I love Halloween! Unfortunately, I never really get a chance to dress up. I'll probably end up watching horror movies with the wife.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I'll be dressed as myself.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768

I'll be dressed as myself.

Scary!
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    :(
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Too lazy to dress up.

And costumes cost money.
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    I'll dress up my kids. They're too young to understand, so it's more for our benefit.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I dress up in the same costume every year, that is, a RETAIL EMPLOYEE!!!
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Nimran said:

I dress up in the same costume every year, that is, a RETAIL EMPLOYEE!!!

Aaah.. clever. It's the ultimate disguise, once you put those clothes of non-detection on, no one that searches for you can ever find you. You become one with the surroundings, ever elusive, sometimes seen but when you rush to them to ask them a question, *POOF* they are gone, like a mirage.