Skip to content

Please Report BG:EE Game Text Errors Here

1234568»

Comments

• Sargon1Sargon1 Member Posts: 25
    Sun Soul Monk, Kit description: inconsistently named ability.

"-13th level: May cast Soul Sunbeam once per day.

SUN SOULBEAM: The Sun Soul Monk emits..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sun Soul Monk, both Kit description and Sun Soulray ability description: misleading description of what the ability does.

"The character projects a blast of light from open palm, dealing 1d8 fire damage every 2 levels to a single target (up to a maximum of 5d8)."

This does not seem to be the case. From what I've seen of this ability, it's an AOE that deals the damage advertised to everyone in a small circle roughly six "normal size" character circles in diameter. It also must be targeted on a character and does nothing if cast from too far away.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited November 2015
    The Bullets of Fire, Ice, and Electricity should not be referred to as "+1". A +1 bullet gives a bonus to thac0 and damage. These bullets do not. I would suggest either making them true +1 weapons with +1 to thac0 and 1d4+2 as base damage or removing the +1 from their titles. I do not know which one would be the intended function. If you simply rename the bullets it would be:

String 29049:
    Bullet of Fire +1 -> Bullet of Fire

String 29051:
    Bullet of Ice +1 -> Bullet of Ice

String 29053:
    Bullet of Electricity +1 -> Bullet of Electricity
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    Currently we can't translate Belt NPC (from tutorial) tooltip name. TTBELT.CRE has:
    - string 12704 set as a name
    - string 1292 set a tooltip
    The same string 1292 is also used as name for BELT16.ITM, so we can't have different name for Belt NPC and "belt" item.

This should be fixed by assigning string 12704 in TTBELT.CRE as both name and tooltip in the next patch.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    I'd like to add my vote to the change @swit is proposing.
    The thing is that we do not translate Belt's name to Polish cause it would look silly in our language. We do however translate item's name as "Pas". In current situation either Belt's name would be translated as " Pas" (which is silly) or item's name would remain untranslated (which is also bad). Assigning string 12704 as per @swit 's proposal would allow to remedy that and have Belt's name untranslated and item's name correctly translated.
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    The issue with Belt's tooltip has already been reported. It's in the bugtracker as issue 13286.
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    edited December 2015
    Maybe it's just me but literally all Neera's interjections during Baeloth meeting (BAELOTH.DLG) seems strange and out of place. Here is example:
    http://i.imgur.com/7xLgrn1.jpg
    - What is she laughing at? Ok, maybe she found Baeloth screaming funny. Still odd thing to add there...
    - Two what?
    - What is great?
    and so forth. She has many more completely random stuff to say during this conversation.

Screen made on a clean BG:EE v1.3 installation.
  • AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    The description of the Wand of Fire is slightly contradictory for the Agannazar's scorcher effect. In the text it says "6d6+6 damage", but in the stats it just says "Damage: 6d6".
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Alonso said:

The description of the Wand of Fire is slightly contradictory for the Agannazar's scorcher effect. In the text it says "6d6+6 damage", but in the stats it just says "Damage: 6d6".

It actually does 6d6+6 damage.
    @swit She's amused by Baeloth's alliterations.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    edited January 2016
    Disregard
    Post edited by Mortianna on
    @Mortianna - Do you have BG1UB installed? Looks like that mod has the typo.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    @hook71 Yes, I do. I've apparently had it installed for so long that it seems like part of the original game. :)

I've edited my OP to remove it from the to-do list.