Skip to content

Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms (Kitpack and divine caster/spell tweaks)

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KalanyrKalanyr Member Posts: 4
    Could I get the beta please ? I'm not sure how useful my feedback will be since I'm doing a BWS install but happy to provide feedback on what comes up.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    ... Hey guys... So, what did I miss?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    JuliusBorisovGrammarsalad
    edited December 2015
    Grammarsalad
    Grammarsalad
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    edited December 2015
    Some initial feedback (for beta10, in IWD:EE):

1) During installation, one of the components doesn't have a name, and it prints:
    ERROR: No translation provided for @308From looking at the .tp2, I believe that's the Shadow Mystic.

2) During chargen, the "Earthwalker of Grumbar" cleric kit from the Frosty Journey mod seems to have the wrong spheres listed.
    The setup.tra has this entry for the kit, with the obvious choice of "Focus access to the sphere of Earth":
    // ... FJ cleric of grumbar @615 = ~Abilities: - Focus access to the sphere of Earth. - Major access to the spheres of Life, Destruction, Knowledge, Dread, Vigor. - Minor access to the spheres of Divine Aid, Death, Protection, Thought, and Magic.~
    However, during chargen it lists the normal cleric spheres for the kit - no "Earth" at all:
    Grammarsalad
    edited December 2015
    ineth
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    @subtledoctor - IWDification AoE spells:
    The .eff files are used to summon an invisible creature, which summons several other invisible creatures, all to create the AoE's functional and visual effects of the spell (This can now all/almost be done within the .pro resource as of IWDEEv1.4/BG2EEv1.3). It should continue to target "self", as the target of the summoning opcodes determines "who" does the summoning, while the second parameter determines "where" they are summoned.
    I think you will have to switch to opcode 148(Cast Spell at Point) for these, again targeting "self", if 146/148 function in the original as they do in the EE's.

That said, the scripts some of those creatures use are broken (at least in BG2EE), destroying themselves as soon as they are created in the first scripting block before they do anything. Cloudburst being one such example.
    edited December 2015
    I can confirm that the Earthwalker of Grumbar now has the correct spheres in the chargen description.

But the Shadow Mystic kit now fails to install with:

error loading [f_n_p/kits/mystics/307_light_mystic/d5_mysh1.spl]
    (Not that I mind, since I'm not using that kit. I just tried to install them all for testing.)
    Why does this mod makes it so that Clerics can't wear Splint Mail, and many can't even wear Chain Mail?
    I've tested it with the nine cleric kits listed below, and none of them could wear the Splint Mail sold in Pomab's Emporium.

The following could at least wear the Chain Mail:
    • Cleric
    • Priest of Talos
    • Cleric of Tymora
    • Cleric of Loviatar
    • Priest of Tempus
    • Cleric of Leira
    The following could wear neither:
    • Earthwalker of Grumbar [Frozen Journey]
    • Priest of Lathander
    • Acolyte of Mask
    Is this intentional? Their class/kit descriptions don't say anything about that.
    edited December 2015
    edited December 2015
    I see.

So the Earthwalker of Grumbar counts as an Acolyte then?

Also, if you have three different archetypes (Clerics, Acolytes, Incarnates) wouldn't it make sense to let one of them wear heavy armor (but get less magic)?. Then players have a choice whether they want to play a melee-focused or caster-focused cleric.

PS: Selecting both an archetype and a deity independently, sounds pretty neat though. I'm eager to see how that plays out in practice.
    edited December 2015
    Grammarsaladineth
    Okay, starting from the top.

Ha ha. I've got about 5 beta testers out there (still looking for more!) and the mid is behaving well. I have an IWDEE game going right now on my iPad, with 2 druids and 3 mystics and a druid/thief. It's working quite well, though I have some balance concerns about druids' at-will shapechanging.

Basically the mod us in good shape right now. Here's what it needs:

1) About 10-15 new spells to round out some of the spheres (especially Plant, Earth, Light, Shadow)

2) More kits! All the cleric, acolyte, incarnate, occultist, champion, inquisitor and zealot kits that you were planning. No need to go too crazy if your time is limited - about 3 kits in each of those archetypes would be perfect. I'll PM you with more precise instructions for making the addition of new kits to the existing mod as painless as possible.

Okay, got the pm. I'm going to have to look for a current spell list...

I may focus on kits first. I actually really like making spells, but I want to be sure that I understand the instructions for kit creation.

3) The deity-selection-by-dialogue system. Once this is done, then we just need one 'base' kit per archetype - these will have zero sphere access and just get an innate ability in their CLAB that triggers the kit selection dialogue. Then you can add the dialogue script to the first subcomponent in the .tp2 (it's already there, just currently commented out) and in in that subcomponent, overwrite the kit selection screens to only show these basic archetype kits.

I'll probably make a kit, with starter 'base' kits, and then do the selection dialog first, I think.

4) Race-specific deities/kits. Aquadrizzt has been working on these, conceptually at least. Not sure if we just want to wait for him, or forge ahead (he has multiple other priorities right now).

Let's get a skeleton working first, and then see about racial deities. I am very excited to have Aqua on board, in whatever capacity!

5) Multiclass kits. For now we can simply have MC characters select from the regular kits. But eventually we'll need MC-specific kits, to handle...

6) HLAs! I never got around to coding these. (These will need some custom icons, so we'll need someone who can make those.) I was figuring a core set of 6-8 for clerics and a similar core set for druids, and then one per sphere. We can re-use some existing ones for spheres (Summon Deva for Divine Aid, Implosion for Destruction, Storm of Vengeance for Elemental Air, stuff like that) and we'll need to create some custom ones. I know exactly how to code these: we'll build custom HLA tables for each kit dynamically at install time, so that changing the kit's sphere access will automatically result in an updated HLA table. If you want to make the spells I'll get them integrated into the mod (eventually).

Realistically, I think we can ship v1 of the mod with just 1), 2), and 3). Then in the springtime we can add 4), 5), and 6) for v2.

I agree with this plan, i.e., "Realistically, I think we can ship v1 of the mod with just 1), 2), and 3). Then in the springtime we can add 4), 5), and 6) for v2."
    Oh, I'll need a list of the playtesters, so I can thank them in the OP!

And yeah, I remember this conversation. I think that that it was the plan to make cleric/fighters be the heavy armor wearers.
    edited December 2015
    Grammarsalad

I think the current plan is that the "plate armor and less magic" option is fighter/cleric. Or paladin.
    [...]
    - Fighter/cleric: choice of ~6-7 deities

Oh, F/C will be able to choose a deity as well?
    You're right, that should cover the heavy armor variant. I hereby retract my complaint... :)
    edited December 2015
    ineth said:

I think the current plan is that the "plate armor and less magic" option is fighter/cleric. Or paladin.
    [...]
    - Fighter/cleric: choice of ~6-7 deities

Oh, F/C will be able to choose a deity as well?
    You're right, that should cover the heavy armor variant. I hereby retract my complaint... :)
    That is the plan!

@subtledoctor

I have to look at might and guile, but will you be making cleric/fighter kits for that?

Edit: I literally have hundreds of posts to read to be caught up!
    Grammarsalad
    Grammarsalad
  • TerradiveTerradive Member Posts: 2
    Can I help with this mod?
  • TerradiveTerradive Member Posts: 2
    I'd be willing to test and provide feedback, and maybe build some kits and spells once taught. I'm a sql developer.
    Grammarsalad
  • BuliBuli Member Posts: 23
    Hello subtledoctor,

I am planning to start playthrough on old BGT and looking for something to spice things up.
    I am quite interested with trying druid/mage, could it be possible to join on the betatesting?