Skip to content

Would you buy Icewind Dale II: Enhanced Edition?

Comments

• SilySily Member Posts: 91
    edited July 2015
    I would buy IWD2:EE in a heartbeat, without second thoughts. We have been playing IWD2 lately and the old Infinity Engine causes great problems.

I'm one of those people who prefer 3rd ed over AD&D.

Examples of problems:
    Dropping an item to a friend in multiplayer? The whole game can freeze for up to 30 seconds. (Same goes for looking into friend's character sheets...)
    Alt tabbing as host freezes the game for other players. Prone to buggy loading times.
    Windowed mode cannot be stretched to fullscreen. (widescreen mods do not support alt-tabbing at all in windows 7+)

The game however is great and a wonderful coop experience. But I don't know if I can finish it with all the tissues what I currently have with the old Engine. IWD:EE and BG:EE went through without any problems (save for famous rest crash bug at the launch of BG:EE.)

So far, I have enjoyed the IWD2 story, even though it is quite basic. There have also been good dialogue options and the writing has been more than satisfactory. As a game, I definitely prefer IWD2 over other IE games.
  • billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
    Maybe I'm silly but this game could also be converted to 2E.
  • ExileExile Member Posts: 21
    Despite the fact I consider IWD2 the weakest game from all four games, I would LOVE to see IWD2 as Enhanced Edition. Rather then BG1, BG2, IWD1 which I really love by the way. Maybe because I'm huge fan of 3E D&D and I see great potentional there. In new classes (also prestige classes), new races etc. That would definitely increase more feelings of role-playing that I love some much in good old RPGs.
  • LiartLiart Member Posts: 1
    Heck ya I'd buy it - especially if it came out on Android :) Love playing these games on my phone..
  • ccunning1ccunning1 Member Posts: 18
    I don't know if I posted already, but would buy! :smile:
  • Scottfree9000Scottfree9000 Member Posts: 18
    edited September 2015
    So after SoD, what comes next IWD 2 is just begging for an EE version.
  • ZelmorZelmor Member Posts: 6
    Yes, I would pay full price for IWD2EE. Just leave your subpar "original content" out of the game, please.
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    Please add as much 'subpar' original content as you please. I'll lap it up.
  • SheennoobiSheennoobi Member Posts: 9
    I cannot wait for all the enhanced editions to come out!!!
    i can imagine playing this for years!

i can imagine opening up my laptop on and seeing the following on my library:

Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition 1 & 2 + Siege of Dragonspear
    Icewind Dale 1 & 2 Enhanced Edition
    Planscape Torment Enhanced Edition

I can imagine myself locking myself in my room and putting in thousands of hours into these games.
    and as i'm growing old i'm just gonna wait for the expansions and die happy.

i love these games even though i just discovered the game this year and i am hooked.
    oh and i would the f*** out of it! ( if that's even remotely possible )

and yeah please keep adding expansions!

love you guys!

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    So far it's 417 yes's . How many sales do they have to make to get profit?
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    edited September 2015
    Of course I'd buy.. it even has playable Tieflings.. *'^_^'*

Don't ever make a bet with a tiefling. - Planar proverb.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    DJKajuru said:

So far it's 417 yes's . How many sales do they have to make to get profit?

A lot more than 417... :wink:
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    I like IWD II so much, I even like the Fellwood!
  • MoonseaMoonsea Member Posts: 7
    Absolutely I would buy it. I was actually surprised to see that it doesn't exist yet.
  • CharilaosCharilaos Member Posts: 1
    Would buy instantly. Such nostalgia, such a great game. It's a shame it doesn't run well on my new computer. IWD2 EE Please!
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    i tink i post in thred before, but...yes. I would play it. Not too hot on 3E, but I like IWD II!
  • toms_twitrtoms_twitr Member Posts: 4
    I had a chicken salad and a diet soda for lunch today. It was $16 after tipping my server. Dozens of hours of gameplay on my tablet for $10? Sold forever.
  • ReibornReiborn Member Posts: 156
    of course I will. this enhanced editions are great as they solve some major problems and save me the time I'll need with mods configurations.
  • marcellusmarcellus Member Posts: 22
    I like AD&D 2.5 as much as any fatbeard out there, but 3E is definitely a better system. Games utilizing d20 system mechanics are more forgiving to new players. Which game is easier to learn, KOTOR or BG? I think IWD2:EE is a great idea, and probably a good way to introduce isometric RPGs to kids.

But they should do it after Fallout:EE and PST:EE.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    I just started playing IWD 2 (thank you GOG Black Friday sale). I had forgotten how much I like the 3rd Ed rules. I'd have to say if they do make this game and convert it to 2nd Ed, I probably won't buy it.

I'll always have a soft spot for 1st/2nd ed, but they always felt disjointed, like they were written during playtesting. 3rd ed feels like it was designed from the start to be a coherent, consistent rules-set.
  • CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    I would buy it. IWD3 would be also good.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Even owning IWD Complete, I would still buy an EE version. I really miss the higher resolution, the zoom, the quickloot and the other enhancements of the Beamdog versions.
  • ESVESV Member Posts: 4
    Given the high interest, I'd say Beamdog would find it totally worth the trouble of updating IWD2. Probably also Planescape: Torment.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    I would certainly buy it even when I probably wouldn't have time to play it in the near future.
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    Wilbur said:

I would certainly buy it even when I probably wouldn't have time to play it in the near future.

I agree entirely, though for IWD2EE I would make the time :)
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    Yes, definitively would love that one : never had the opportunity to play it in the days and.. never had since. And from what i heard was kinda the pinacle of the series /interface/rules already.. and beautiful enhanced graphics comparatively to the others already..^

..as long as beamdog team doesn't add bullshts new NPC/char/modified rules, touch nothing or the least possible /CORE RULES.. would be great; the original game, only the original game, only graphically revamped/perfectly rescanned (and new OS) /easy installs /new zoom+- nice too, and the few little gui improvements added recently not too bad either..ok for that^).. and that would be great like that.. especially like that. ^^

But from what i understood, icw2 used some already little different gui/rules mechanisms, not that simple to just put it in the new/old 'enhanced bg1-2-icw1 interface'... i'm afraid that would be a little ahead of the real beamdog skills, to be honest, from what we saw in the recent past.. sigh : already, that they don't mess with some core rules (everything with no bugs..intentional or not..^).. just the original game spirit.. */

amen^
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I'd appreciate some rule changes for IWD2. The game is really imbalanced in favor of clerics and druids and sorcerers. 3rd edition D&D makes more sense in some ways, but it doesn't work as well in that particular respect.
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    I was in Goodwill a few days ago and I came across a old but in very good condition copy of Planescape Torment
    Came to a steal at $1.43
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300

I'd appreciate some rule changes for IWD2. The game is really imbalanced in favor of clerics and druids and sorcerers.

What do you mean?