Skip to content

WE NEED TO FIND THIS CUT 1998 EDWIN PORTRAIT!

2»

Comments

• MoradinMoradin Member Posts: 372

[...]

You're doing Ao's work, my friend.
    JuliusBorisov
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    @Moradin so.. Where are the developers?

Strange, not one reply? Weird. Well maybe they are whooping ass at Siege of Dragonspear?

@Troodon80 hey is there a problem with having lots of @ 's all at once?:S
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Nice work at finding this old gem!

Love the wart between the eyes! Go Edwin!
    WithinAmnesia
    edited March 2016
    http://blog.beamdog.com/2016/02/fantasy-grounds.html
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/41078/beamblog-enhanced-edition/p3
    Well I guess that it worked, I do not know how to feel right now. I never expected this to work be honest so now that Edwin's Original Portrait is available to the players I... Don't know what to think. I am inspired to work more on Baldur's Gate and hopefully my reforged Rancor can become a reality in Siege of Dragonspear ( https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/41574/new-rancor-icon-for-dorn-is-it-better/p1 ). Although I wonder if the Original Edwin portrait will be featured as a portrait option within Siege of Dragonspear or if it will be regulated to the backwaters of the modding community; becoming always a spark of beauty lingering in the dark shadows of obscurity.

JuliusBorisovlunarAbelDJKajuru
    edited March 2016
    imageimageimage
    Here is Edwin Odesseiron's 'Mike Sass Original' (Leftmost) compared to Edwin Odesseiron's 'Prototype Portrait' (Middle) along with being compared to Edwin Odesseiron's 'Shipped Portrait' (Rightmost).
    Spjuv3rnJuliusBorisovAbelmashedtaters
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    edited March 2016
    I definitely find the final chosen picture more appealing but... I don't know, it seems that the original picture is more in keeping with Edwin's personality. He looks haughty, selfish, ugly, but completely self-unaware...which is how I always pictured Edwin. The final portrait fails to bring that out for me, imo.

Edit: plus I can't stop staring at that huge freaking zit thing.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    am i the only one that feels an irresistible urge to push away from edwins's cheeks those enormous blackheads ? :D;)
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    gorgonzola wrote: »
    am i the only one that feels an irresistible urge to push away from edwins's cheeks those enormous blackheads ? :D;)

It makes me a bit tripophobic as well. You know what, I'll Photoshop those blackheads out and post it here.
    gorgonzolaStromaelGusinda
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Hahahahah! Thanks @Kamigoroshi for giving me the biggest, most genuine, laugh of the week!
    Kamigoroshi
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    @Kamigoroshi
    That third one reminds me of Sauron.

rzln9vsagn2p.jpg
    AdulRaduzielThanatosZero