Skip to content

The Roadmap to v2.0 (11 Milestones Cleared!)

Comments

• FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Guess its time for me to start playing the beta for real instead of messing around for in it for an hour at a time. I'll try to see how the importing of items goes over as well, now that BG2EE detects your saved games from BG1EE.
    Adullolien
  • HeavylineHeavyline Member Posts: 108
    By the way. How "Over-Achievers Anonymous" is going to work? Is it 100% confirmed the achievements are working? Since I've encountered couple of glitches in my beta playthrough.

For example;

Godlike - "Increase an attribute score to 25." I got this achievement with my swashbuckler dwarf when I started a new game. Even though none of my stats were nowhere near at 25. Same happened in BG2. I imported my swashbuckler to BG2 and I got the achievement there as well.

All the Options - "Have Neera, Dorn, and Rasaad in the party at the same time" I've recruited all three of them and I didn't get anything.
    Adul
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    nemesa said:

I am sorry Beamdog, but I won't be able to get all achievements. Some of them require of me to do evil deeds, and I always feel bad about making Boo sad.

The key here is to do them anyway, get the achievement, and then reload and pretend that nothing happened. :hushed:
    lolien
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Adul said:

The key here is to do them anyway, get the achievement, and then reload and pretend that nothing happened. :hushed:

It doesn't work that way!!!

Damn Fable II. I'll never be able to get full completion, no way I'm shooting a bunny...
    AdulnemesaJairyannalolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    You ladies and gentlemen are all very good-looking!
    RodrianAdulBelgarathMTHlolien
    Hmm. I'm beginning to suspect that the fine folks at Beamdog might have overshot a little with those roadmap goals... I'm not sure we'd have 500 characters even if I submitted 400 myself. :tongue:
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaaklolien
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    . . and of course, it sounds like a death sentence.
    SurvivorJuliusBorisovCrevsDaakDaevelon
  • SurvivorSurvivor Member Posts: 68
    Kilivitz said:

I'm in love with the German word for "Dexterity": GESCHICKLICHKEIT. What an awesome language.

Yeah, I imagine that is the kind of word that lends itself well to memes about the German language (you know, butterfly and SCHMETTERLING).

I actually prefer the English version of Baldur's Gate because of the full(er) voiceover, but the German community translation is very good, too.
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Any language sounds aggressive when you put it in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. ;)

A friend of mine loved to comment that Neverending Story is much more beautiful to read in German because of the way the language uses metaphors to create new words. His favorite example: "kindergarten", literally meaning "a garden of children". That's just cool.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    @Sikorsky I think that the whole description of SWS is incorrect at yours..

Shouldn't it be:

Specialized (2 slots):
    The wielder gets a -2 bonus to AC and inflicts critical damage on an attack roll of 19 or 20 ?
    AdulJuliusBorisov
  • SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
    edited March 2016
    Rodrian said:

@Sikorsky I think that the whole description of SWS is incorrect at yours..

Shouldn't it be:

Specialized (2 slots):
    The wielder gets a -2 bonus to AC and inflicts critical damage on an attack roll of 19 or 20 ?

You're right. Maybe they change this style. But it works old way in game.
  • gnaumiecgnaumiec Member Posts: 62
    Hero of a Thousand Faces

Abigail, a Shaman extraordinaire in my latest adventure, is ready to get Imoen back!

AdulSurvivorJuliusBorisovlolien
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    @Autocrat is that 18/0 strength just a regular 18 strength being badly displayed by the new UI? Or an 18/00 being badly displayed by the new UI? (and I wonder how you would achieve the latter ;))
    edited March 2016

@Autocrat is that 18/0 strength just a regular 18 strength being badly displayed by the new UI? Or an 18/00 being badly displayed by the new UI? (and I wonder how you would achieve the latter ;))

The former. The UI displays 18 as 18/0, and 18/00 as 18/100. They both display wrong.
    AutocratJuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited March 2016
    In order to find any new bugs and to Prizes to the community, meet the first part of my hall of the BG2EE beta heroes - bugbusters - believe me, the newly added feature of ESC as an end to the opening scene helped greately here.

Does anyone know why my UI sometimes had a pink tint, and sometimes not?

Hero of a Thousand Faces

Warriors

1. Natsume, a fighter

2. Mori, a berzerker

3. Murasaki, a wizard slayer

4. Akiko, a kensai

5. Ueda, a dwarven defender

6. Futabatei, a barbarian (btw, a barbarian is now a kit in a fighter class)

7. Ito, a ranger

8. Fukuzawa, an archer

9. Ozaki, a stalker

10. Koda, a beast master

11. Yaeko, a paladin

12. Kansuke, a cavalier

13. Takuboku, an inquisitor

14. Kan, an undead hunter

15. Nakane, a blackguard

Adulcmk24CrevsDaaklolien
    @bengoshi if Barbarians are now a regular fighter kit, does that mean that a) they can now dual-class like a fighter, and b) put 5 pips in weapon specializations? [Just now realizing that I have never played a Barbarian]
    @GreenWarlock No, both options are unavailable for barbarians. But moving a barbarian into the Fighter kit menu is an old feature request coming to life - https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/19304/move-the-barbarian-to-the-fighter-kit-menu-and-introduce-a-new-class-in-its-place
    lolien
    In that case I am confused as to how it functions as a kit. IIRC, Barbarian was the classic example of a kit in 2nd Ed, although my memory is certainly rusty on rules systems >25 years old (suddenly, I feel ancient!)