Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• Jaheiras_WitnessJaheiras_Witness Member Posts: 614
    Yes, I am aware of that, which is why I said if you rolled organically using 3d6!

Btw, even with the above taken into account, the odds would still be astronomically high (in the billions at least). Which is why I guess, with all the BG players in the world for all this time, I am not aware of anyone who has legitimately claimed to have rolled 108.
    BelgarathMTHYamchaProontSkatan
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    mlnevese wrote: »
    Yamcha wrote: »
    If someone, somewhere in the world, in all the time since the original BG was released, rolled 108, he or she probably clicked past it.

that would be a good place to put an Achievement.

I wouldn't like to be reminded of doing something like that :)

I'd eekeeper a character with that roll to avoid insanity.
    BelgarathMTHCrevsDaakProont
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    If you buy the rope from Visaj in Ust Natha, it is a pun on the English idiom "Money for old rope", meaning Easy money.
    lolienJuliusBorisovProont
  • marzbarzmarzbarz Member Posts: 187
    Kivan leaves like 20 days after you talk to him if you don't do bandit camp. I didn't know that haha, always grabbed him later on in the game before the bandit camp.

Ive actually started b lining to his crazy archer butt every play now right after Gorion start/cutscene. I never knew he did that haha. I think the time limit depends on which chapter your on? or something like that.

Its always straight to him, ajantis, jah and kah, and then Neira(spl? lol ) So my groups usually full before I hit nashkel now. Before it was minsk/witch instead of Neira and Ajantis.
    DJKajuruProont
    If you get the Bard stronghold, the director who helps you set up the play is called Higgold. I suspect this name is inspired by professor Higgins in George Bernard Shaw's "Pygmalion" (the story also known as "My Fair Lady").
    JuliusBorisovBelgarathMTHProont
  • marzbarzmarzbarz Member Posts: 187
    Did you know I didn't even know there was a bard stronghold....

I never bard lol
    DJKajuruProont
  • StormvesselStormvessel Member Posts: 654
    edited April 2016
    I am seriously thinking of playing a Blade, although...

Did you know that a Fighter/Mage can do anything a Blade can do, but only a thousand times better?

...I know, it's sad. Blades are charming but mechanically they underwhelm - if you could use improved haste with spin it might be better. Good starting class for new players though. Fast leveling. Full of flavor.
    semiticgoddessJuliusBorisovProont
  • StormvesselStormvessel Member Posts: 654
    edited April 2016
    Kaigen said:

Did you know that a Fighter/Mage can do anything a Blade can do, but only a thousand times better?

...I know, it's sad. Blades are charming but mechanically they underwhelm - if you could use improved haste with spin it might be better. Good starting class for new players though. Fast leveling. Full of flavor.

I can think of two things a Blade can do better than a Fighter/Mage: Dispel/Remove Magic, and blasting with damage spells. That fast leveling caster level can make for some potent skull traps, and can actually make it remotely plausible that you'll be able to strip some buffs from enemies in BG2.
    If only you could specialize and use improved haste with spin. Just those two things. I would probably say a Blade is better than a Fighter/Mage at that point.

But in fairness - I've not actually gone through the saga with a Blade. But I have over 1500 hours logged so I understand the mechanics of the game enough to take one look at the class and see where it falls short.

1. Thief THAC0 and no specialization. Tensor's Transformation helps a little but again, no specializaion.
    2. No level 7, 8, or 9 spells. That means no project image. No horrid wilting. No contingencies, triggers or sequencers. No simulacrum. The best summons? Gone.
    3. Lower HP. No helmet until UAI. His best feature, Offensive Spin, is worthless without improved haste. Fighter/Mages get greater whirlwind.

Yes, spells like remove magic, shocking grasp (underrated), flame arrow in minor sequencer will be tremendous. Is it enough to overcome the downsides? I will play one and see. But I doubt it.

Fighter/Mages are incredibly powerful.

Edit: I forgot, Flame Arrow is level 3 - not level 2. So much for that. I may not play a Blade after all.
  • woowoovoodoowoowoovoodoo Member Posts: 150
    edited April 2016

Well... Dispell Magic? :)

UPD: nvm, already mentioned above.

UPD2: Also Enhanced Bard Song is not a joke.
    semiticgoddess
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Stormvessel Nothing to fix. That's what those potions are for :) Have fun with your blade and tell us sometimes how it's going.
    StormvesselJuliusBorisovProont
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    @Stormvessel , a fighter will always fight better than a bard and a mage will always cast more spells than a bard. The fun of playing a bard is the fact that your character is a mix of everything and master of nothing.
    Stormvessel
  • Clumsy_DwarfClumsy_Dwarf Member Posts: 112
    edited April 2016

In France, "Game of Thrones" is literally translated as "The Iron Throne".

before I actually knew about the show I was almost nearly thinking it was bg related. oh the false hopes.

Sean Bean as Noober (because he has to die in everything)
    StormvesselMontresor_SPProont

In France, "Game of Thrones" is literally translated as "The Iron Throne".

before I actually knew about the show I was almost nearly thinking it was bg related. oh the false hopes.

Sean Bean as Noober (because he has to die in everything)
    :lol:

Did you know:

You can let Noober live and after he's asked his last question, you get a bit of XP for not losing patience and chunking him.

:wink:
    lolienJuliusBorisovThacoBellProont