Skip to content

General Bug Discussion

CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
This discussion was created from comments split from: Upcoming Patch Preview.

Comments

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Can't you change how DLC is distributed? Like ask them hey srsly guys please fix it? You can't have no say at all, right?
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Aw. Was hoping we'd be getting Tempus priest kit. Still some waiting then.
    Abdel_Adrian
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768

Can't you change how DLC is distributed? Like ask them hey srsly guys please fix it? You can't have no say at all, right?

I think Steam is definitely the 800 pound gorilla in this relationship.
    illathidjackjack
  • beefmaster22beefmaster22 Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2016
    Ever since I updated BGEE after buying Siege of Dragonspear, Coran is leaving the party as if we never did his quest. I think it's a glitch since I did his quest several chapters ago. Every save I load though he leaves automatically..
    Please help, I need him in my party! I'm almost to the end of BGEE!!

Okay so i tried to see if I could kill him and resurrect him to stop him from leaving and it didn't work. The strange thing is I loaded the autosave with him dead, he came to life without being resurrected, and left the party. This is definitely a glitch of some kind.
    Post edited by beefmaster22 on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    AstroBryGuymlneveselolienjackjack
  • TalysTalys Member Posts: 15
    What about the "placeholder" word in the french version (maybe others, I don't know) ? New class is called placeholder, tutotial npc's have only "placeholder" as dialogue...
    megamike15
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Talys
  • TalysTalys Member Posts: 15
    Yes it is. I didn't see it in the next update list, that's why I ask. Thanks.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @Talys @typo_tilly
    Patch 2.0 has A LOT of new stuff that must be translated (new kits, new dialogues with Candlekeep tutors, new options, a brand new UI...). You see "placeholder" because all that stuff has not be translated in French. is the French translation team willing to translate all these new lines?
  • beefmaster22beefmaster22 Member Posts: 3
    I have a mac so I can't get ee keeper. Is there anything else I can do? I tried finding if I missed any wyverns earlier but I got em all. I just really don't want to lose Coran before the battle.. Will it be fixed in a patch possibly?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @beefmaster22 I believe @AstroBryGuy makes an EEkeeper that works on mac. In any case I should be able to find a console command that will stop him from leaving. Give me a few minutes to do some digging.
    jackjack
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @beefmaster22 , @Tresset - try this at the console:

C:SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADCORWYVRN","GLOBAL",1)

Or get EEKeeper for OSX here:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/25118/ee-keeper-for-os-x-via-wineskin-updated-to-1-0-3-2a#latest
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    edited April 2016
    @Cerevant It would be nice if you mentioned that the Roadmap also includes things that are likely to be implemented within the very next public update. The first paragraph can kind of mislead you in to thinking that's what the first 3 links will show you (The first 3 links are giving a general overview of things that will eventually be fixed, not what to expect for the very next patch).

Edit: It's a nice list of changes for the next update.
    Post edited by Franpa on
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Franpa said:

@Cerevant It would be nice if you mentioned that the Roadmap also includes things that are likely to be implemented within the very next public update. The first paragraph can kind of mislead you in to thinking that's what the first 3 links will show you (The first 3 links are giving a general overview of things that will eventually be fixed, not what to expect for the very next patch).

Edit: It's a nice list of changes for the next update.

No, you are mistaken - those three links are what will be implemented in the very next public update. The list is actually kind of short because we are pushing to get that release into your hands as quickly as we can.
    brusJuliusBorisovIthualjackjack
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited April 2016
    In case anyone was searching the BG:SoD list for the LoB-difficulty not correctly saving: It is listed under a different name in BG:SoD (Legacy of Bhall difficult reset) than in the BG:EE and BG2:EE lists (Legacy of Bhaal setting should be correctly saved) but it is in the update for all of the games!

(I thought at first it wasn't in the BG:SoD list but after looking more careful I found it so I thought it would be nice to mention it here in case others would make the same mistake.)
  • IkxiusIkxius Member Posts: 1
    Please say you will fix those ugly description boxes soon. For some reason after the new update my BGEE is not showing the "scroll opening effect" that happens when you hover the mouse over something to see a description.
    lolienShaal
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    Aedan said:

You see "placeholder" because all that stuff has not be translated in French.

Oh come on! This is the worst way of handling new texts for players! I thought Beamdog had learn about such early mistakes after the BGEE release where you got "Missing" texts because new texts were not added at least in English in all languages. Then during the 1.2 and 1.3 patch beta tests, newly added texts were added in English in the French dialog.tlk file. At least you could play the game with a consistent text, without having to guess what the placeholder could mean. Why wasn't this done again in 2.0?

I explicitely asked for that to be done in my initial bug report during the beta test. Beamdog only processed part of my initial bug report: only the auto and quick save names have been added, all the automated "start of chapter" saves still produce a "placeholder" save. And all other texts remained as "placeholder", hence new complaints.
    Aedan said:

is the French translation team willing to translate all these new lines?

I don't know about the French team but I've already started to propose a solution for French players through a mod that either replaces "placeholder" with the English text or translates it. I'm currently reviewing all the changes made in other texts too (3/4 finished) in the current state of the mod). The game interface is also partly translated.

@Talys you can find the mod here.
    AstroBryGuy
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @Isaya
    Please, do not get angry with me. I just explained to @Talis why the French translation has those lines called "placeholder". That's it :)
    jackjack
  • GraoumfGraoumf Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 312
    edited April 2016
    Aedan said:

@Isaya
    Please, do not get angry with me. I just explained to @Talis why the French translation has those lines called "placeholder". That's it :)

I'm not sure Beamdog emerges greater by your explanation, unless they totally don't care about foreign players.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    edited April 2016
    @Aedan You're right, I shouldn't be angry with you. And I'm not, actually. But I do not agree with you about the situation report.

Strictly speaking, when something is not translated, it remains in the original language. For instance that's what happens with the new game interface when you select French or several other languages.
    On the contrary "placeholder" is not an unstranlated text. It's the text Beamdog used to fill the range of texts between the last used in the game and number 34000. This was a very good idea from Beamdog to reserve some space for new texts, giving the players a chance to reinstall their mods after a game update while having a chance to avoid the dreadful name issue with game NPCs and areas. But having this text in place of actual new texts, even in English, is breaking the game in several instances, more or less severely (character creation, tutorial, automated save games).

It didn't take me very long to copy the new texts at the end of the file from English dialog.tlk to make a mod to add them for French players (although I'm not yet sure I didn't forget a few of them that are added in the middle of old texts). That's one of the most annoying thing here: it wouldn't have cost much to Beamdog to avoid this problem to their French customers.
    Only a minor part of players come to this forum or to a fan forum: so a mod such as mine will have problem reaching its intended target. Most people will just be angry at Beamdog for breaking a game that used to be available in French.
    (fixed "would have cost" -> "wouldn't have cost")
    Post edited by Isaya on
    AstroBryGuy
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Moved the modding discussion over to the mods forum.
    lolien
  • Saigon1983Saigon1983 Member Posts: 157
    Don't know about all, but within russian gamers there is such bug: game didn't read options, that written in baldur.lua. But if you place baldur.ini in the same directory, game reads all options from it and starts propely. If not - game writes options to baldur.lua, but always starts with default options. It is very annoying
  • JumJumJumJum Member Posts: 6
    So are we waiting days or weeks before this patch is deployed? Some of us are waiting for multiplayer to work. At the current state we are unable to play Dragonspear. :(
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,295
    JumJum said:

So are we waiting days or weeks before this patch is deployed? Some of us are waiting for multiplayer to work. At the current state we are unable to play Dragonspear. :(

I think I heard something about next week (Thursday?), but I have no idea whether we are yet on track.
  • JumJumJumJum Member Posts: 6
    Ammar said:

JumJum said:

I think I heard something about next week (Thursday?), but I have no idea whether we are yet on track.
    Let's hope so! Sooner better than later. I don't really mind waiting it's the not knowing when that pains me. Thanks!
  • DregothofTyrDregothofTyr Member Posts: 229
    I checked, but I didn't see mention of the game lowering the difficulty setting randomly. This is happening for me in both BG and BG2. The game is unplayable until this is fixed. Will this be addressed?
  • STBorgSTBorg Member Posts: 66
    @DregothofTyr Yes, it is all in the list. Not sure if it is not only in BG:EE list, but it will be cfixed for both games in upcoming patch.
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    Not to be inadequately prying, as this is only supposed to be a, quote-unquote "fair representation", so it isn't necessarily 100% accurate, but is there maybe a similarly approximative ETA? (that I totally wouldn't want to hold you guys to, as would other forum members... okay, maybe some would)

Just because I'm curious... :smile:
  • illathidillathid Member Posts: 320
    edited April 2016

Don't know about all, but within russian gamers there is such bug: game didn't read options, that written in baldur.lua. But if you place baldur.ini in the same directory, game reads all options from it and starts propely. If not - game writes options to baldur.lua, but always starts with default options. It is very annoying

I believe this is an issue caused by having non-english characters in your windows user profile name. That means when it tries to access your /My Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition folder to write the baldur.lua options it can't find/access it. Beamdog is aware of it, as you can see in this bug report: http://redmine.beamdog.com/issues/22406 . Not sure about a workaround though.