Skip to content

BG EE 2.0 and Siege of Dragonspear Compatible Mods

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    @Chippy The latest Near Infinity release provides full support of SoD, including the DLC variants from Steam and GOG.

@rapsam2003 If you found bugs or instabilities I'd suggest to report it in the Near Infinity topic, so it can be fixed in one of the next releases.
    ChippyYamchajackjack
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Chippy said:

A dumb question, but need to be sure: Near Infinity isn't working with SOD yet?.

If you have SOD from Steam or GOG, you need to run modmerge first.
    ChippyGenderNihilismGirdleYamcha
  • ChippyChippy Member Posts: 241
    argent77 said:

@Chippy The latest Near Infinity release provides full support of SoD, including the DLC variants from Steam and GOG.

@rapsam2003 If you found bugs or instabilities I'd suggest to report it in the Near Infinity topic, so it can be fixed in one of the next releases.

Thanks all - I can open 2DA files but .wav states "error reading >file name< unsupported wave file: oggs And items state "error reading dialog.tlk"

I'm assuming that installed in the correct directory as I can read 2DA's. ...Beamdog/Games/00806

Bit confusing.
    @Chippy You are most likely using an ancient version of Near Infinity which didn't support Enhanced Edition games yet. Download the latest version from the link I've provided in my previous post and use it instead. The "About Near Infinity" dialog (menu Help -> About Near Infinity) should display version v2.0-20160408 or later.
    Yamcha
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    argent77 said:

No offense, but until you fix possible corruption of the dialog.tlk...

I only use your program for 1 thing: to delete .tlk entries in my test copy of BGEE.
    edited April 2016
    I don't know about an issue that corrupts the dialog.tlk. You can provoke a dialog.tlk corruption, though, if you select an incompatible charset in the Options menu before adding new entries. For the Enhanced Editions you should always keep it on Autodetect or select UTF-8.

I don't want to derail this thread any further, so I'd suggest to report this issue in the NI thread, preferably with steps how to reproduce it and I'll try to fix it.
    [Deleted User]Yamchajackjack
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    mlnevese said:

@AstroBryGuy Updated.

@Mirandel Added Romantic Encounters. I will wait for confirmation of the other ones :)

Confirmation - all three are working.

Xan's friendship http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?topic=24286.0
    Coran's BG Extended Friendship http://www.gibberlings3.net/coran/
    Garrick's Infatuation http://www.gibberlings3.net/garrick/

Guess, it's safe to add them into Banter-packs.
    [Deleted User]mlneveseGenderNihilismGirdle
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Mirandel All added. Thanks :)
    GenderNihilismGirdleJuliusBorisov
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353
    Thank you for this thread, this is great!
    mlnevese
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @Artemius_I All added. Thanks :)
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    Has anyone tested the Spell- and Item Revision mod?
  • crittocritto Member Posts: 32
    I've gotten messed up dialog.tlk references when those were installed. The setup was (in order of application): BG1NPC, BG1UB, (SR & IR somewhere in here), Randomizer, CDTTweaks, Might & Guile, SCS, aTweaks, Scales of Balance, NPC_EE

When I removed SR & IR, messed up strrefs were gone. Haven't studied the issue any further than that.
  • KaitekKaitek Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2016
    I can't find the thread for Sirine's Call mod (the pirates one) so I'll just report my findings here. The quest played out fine on the latest BGEE+SoD patch but the whole lighthouse area had a ton of graphical glitches (numerous black lines across the map, small parts of the map greyed out etc). I'm not 100% sure that this particular mod caused it but there's not much else that could do that, because I did install the "expand lightouse map" component.

EDIT: I returned to the map after the quest was completed and the graphical glitches are gone.
    Post edited by Kaitek on
  • TheMetaphysicianTheMetaphysician Member Posts: 76
    critto said:

I've gotten messed up dialog.tlk references when those were installed. The setup was (in order of application): BG1NPC, BG1UB, (SR & IR somewhere in here), Randomizer, CDTTweaks, Might & Guile, SCS, aTweaks, Scales of Balance, NPC_EE

When I removed SR & IR, messed up strrefs were gone. Haven't studied the issue any further than that.

Critto, did you patch 2.1 on top of that setup, or did you do a fresh install of all those mods after patching with 2.1?
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited May 2016
    @smeagolheart Added. Thanks :)
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited May 2016
    @smeagolheart Added.Thanks.
  • ChippyChippy Member Posts: 241
    Just a quick point regarding the "Simple XP Cap remover", I opened all files provided (one in the overide folder) and changed values to 8mil, then stopped levelling in the Black Pits. On checking all values for XP cap in all 4 files read -1. Have changed again, now working. Will mention again if it happens. No other mods and fresh install.
    edited May 2016
    Chippy said:

Just a quick point regarding the "Simple XP Cap remover", I opened all files provided (one in the overide folder) and changed values to 8mil, then stopped levelling in the Black Pits. On checking all values for XP cap in all 4 files read -1. Have changed again, now working. Will mention again if it happens. No other mods and fresh install.

Ok, why not mention this in the actual thread for that mod, so the mod creator can work through that if he or she wishes to do so?
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/10212/a-simple-xp-cap-remover-now-compatible-with-siege-of-dragonspear/p1

@mlnevese, heads up.
  • crittocritto Member Posts: 32

critto said:

Critto, did you patch 2.1 on top of that setup, or did you do a fresh install of all those mods after patching with 2.1?
    IIRC, this was before 2.1. And of course I installed it on top of fresh BG:EE, only then started adding the mods.
    That happens to be me actually. Anyway the extracted 2da files are simple text files. There's no way they would change on their own.
  • FlayerivFlayeriv Member Posts: 23
    I realise it's relatively pointless to speculate, but for the sake of planning with my fellows as to when we can start a modded campaign again, is there any thoughts on what changes the new update will make to mod compatibility?
    Flayeriv said:

I realise it's relatively pointless to speculate, but for the sake of planning with my fellows as to when we can start a modded campaign again, is there any thoughts on what changes the new update will make to mod compatibility?

Very little, most likely.
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    @mlnevese

Please add Critter Parts to the quests and expansion section of your list.

Thank you :)

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/47699/critter-parts-mini-mod-for-baldur-s-gate-ee#latest
    @Ravenslight Added. Thanks :)
    RavenslightkaguanaJuliusBorisov
  • ChadChad Member Posts: 90
    I don't see Rogue Rebalancing on this list... Is it not yet compatible or is it left out because it is beta? Also, the BGII EE has a mod compatibility list in installation order, is there something similar for BGEE / SoD?

Thank you!
    jackjack
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Waiting for word on aTweaks compatibility, I heard it might cause you to get stuck in the first dungeon of SoD. I'm about to just install it anyway and see what happens.
    jackjack
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.