Skip to content

BG EE 2.0 and Siege of Dragonspear Compatible Mods

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Made shorter descriptions and added @BillyYank's description of his mod. Any Author who provides a description will have it added as required.

What do you all think? Better now?
    mf2112JuliusBorisovsmeagolheart
    Added descriptions by Author request to @Mr2150 's Portrait Picker and Random Character Generation.
    mf2112Mr2150JuliusBorisov
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    I preferred the former version because it was more detailed, but it is not a big deal. Thanks for your work!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @mlnevese I've just noticed the OP doesn't inlcude the SCS, http://www.gibberlings3.net/scs. This mod is compatible, if people use this fix by @subtledoctor -https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/732385/#Comment_732385
    Artona
    edited June 2016
    @JuliusBorisov Added new section AI enhancements. Added SCS and notes about the fix.
    Post edited by mlnevese on
    JuliusBorisov
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    @JuliusBorisov
    I don't think it can be considered compatible, when it requires additional workaround to work. At least for now.
    @O_Bruce That's why I had not added it until now. But it has been asked so many times I just think it's easier to add it with a note about the necessity of a patch.
    Gynsburghesmeagolheart[Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    @mlnevese
    For the Critter Parts mod description.

Role-play based quests. New harvestable drops and edible meats from the bears, wolves, dire wolves, etc. Also drops from all spider types that can be used for bartering with a new NPC who has an interest in such trinkets.

Thank you :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    @mlnevese
    Description for my NPC tweaks mod then:

Allows continuous portraits and colors for the Baldur's Gate saga NPCs. Additional options include more convenient locations for some BGEE and SOD companions and appropriate kits for NPCs.
    JuliusBorisov
    @Ravenslight @smeagolheart Both descriptions added. Thanks :)
    JuliusBorisovRavenslight
  • jigglefloydjigglefloyd Member Posts: 21
    @mlnevese I just wanted to thank you for organizing and keeping this thread up to date. I come back periodically hoping that the modding community continues to update the old mods that I love to use in this game. I don't want to do a full playthrough until a lot more mods are available.
    JuliusBorisovmlnevesepsycros
  • beobeo Member Posts: 143
    edited June 2016
    Anyone tested Dark Side of the Sword Coast?

//edit
    Sorry for the noob question, but if I have both BGEE and SoD installed, to which directory I install mods like BG1:UB or BG1 NPC ?

Can I install to SoD directory only? In case of mods such as "Minor NPC Portraits" do I need to install to both?
    Post edited by beo on
    edited June 2016
    I will answer myself.

It would seem mods installed in Baldur's Gate Siege of Dragonspear folder also take effect in BG:EE -if- you run BGEE from SoD menu.

//edit
    Silly me, I didn't realize BG:EE is also included in SoD installation.
    Post edited by beo on
  • Dameon2Dameon2 Member Posts: 46
    beo said:

I will answer myself.

It would seem mods installed in Baldur's Gate Siege of Dragonspear folder also take effect in BG:EE -if- you run BGEE from SoD menu.

//edit
    Silly me, I didn't realize BG:EE is also included in SoD installation.

just make sure to install your entire game fresh. then use modmerge BEFORE installing any mods. then reinstall all your mods afterward.

Smartest thing to do after that these days is to rename your Baldurs Gate folder if you own it on steam, so that it doesn't get auto updated. Unfortunately every time the game is updated is breaks all your mods. So it's generally best to just get your mod setup going, and move the folder, and don't update those files again until your finished your current play-through.
    [Deleted User]
    @Dameon2 Thanks, but I don't have have Steam version, I use Beamdog's client. Do I need to modmerge anyway?
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    edited June 2016
    beo said:

@Dameon2 Thanks, but I don't have have Steam version, I use Beamdog's client. Do I need to modmerge anyway?

No, only for the Steam version.
    @elminster Added with description

BTW All mods will receive descriptions eventually. I've just been quite busy these last few weeks.
    elminsterJuliusBorisov
  • hippofanthippofant Member Posts: 35
    edited June 2016
    beo said:

Anyone tested Dark Side of the Sword Coast?

DSotSC will install and run if you use the updated version, but is pretty buggy. Would not recommend unless you are willing to crack it open with NearInfinity and fix some of the bugs. Lich encounter doesn't execute properly, many items miscoded and even do damage to wielder by accident, and some infinitely spawning enemies among the gamebreakers. The infinitely spawning enemies is particularly problematic, because it seeps into non-DSotSC areas too, and can cause stuttering issues if there's a spawn off-screen just infinitely growing in size until you reach them.
  • Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    @mlnevese
    Please add my new UI mod to the list.

Journal Fixes
    Compatible with BGEE and BGEE+SOD v2.2, this mod adds various enhancements including filtering to the UI of the quest and journal screens - supports multiple languages.
    @Mr2150 Added. Thanks :)
    Mr2150
  • Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    Thank you :)
  • SleeplesSleeples Member Posts: 18
    Hi guys,
    Can't download SCS from http://www.gibberlings3.net/scs/ as the site is DOWN and don't see any sense playing wthout SCS, can any1 host the file and fix and provide the link?
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Sleeples said:

Hi guys,
    Can't download SCS from http://www.gibberlings3.net/scs/ as the site is DOWN and don't see any sense playing wthout SCS, can any1 host the file and fix and provide the link?

It's rather large file to upload...
  • zelurkerzelurker Member Posts: 168
    Even better you can't even get backup from the internet archive because they used specifically a robots.txt file to tell them not to backup them ! (spellholdstudios, shsforums... ). So they'd better come back someday because there is no backup anywhere online for now... (luckily I made some backups, mainly for bg2).
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    You can find a fair amount of G3/SHS mods here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/59969/canr-reach-gibbering3-net/p1 including SCS. There's also another post with strategems that I saw recently.
    Everything should be also on github. :)
  • IglosnofIglosnof Member Posts: 119
    I couldn't find Romantic encounters for BG1 anywhere. Could someone share it please?
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    @Iglosnof I have that. I'll add it to my drive (which you can find at the above link) when I can.
  • IglosnofIglosnof Member Posts: 119