Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Wise_Grimwald: Where did you find Cyresia's portrait? It's really interesting.
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    Mantis37 said:

BG1NPCs in SoA mod

That mod is EPIC stuff. Be sure to give those Trademeet punks what they deserve.... :)
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    It's pretty crazy yes, I think I picked it up from your original recommendation on
    the SHS megamod forum. An interesting mixture of whimsical dialogue, surprising quests, and hack & slash.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    edited January 2017

@Wise_Grimwald: Where did you find Cyresia's portrait? It's really interesting.

Here. To find it, I typed in evil sorceress, and got some intereting results including that one. The problem that I find is that most of them are insufficiently detailed when you zoom in for the portrait. That one is the exception. When I found it, it wasn't on that page otherwise I wouldn't have used it as the artist requests that you ask for permission for whatever use. I have done that, and in the case of a refusal will edit my post to delete it. However he has in general granted permission for non-commercial use.
    http://shockbolt.deviantart.com/art/Evil-sorceress-64084600
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    @Serg_BlackStrider

That's quite early for Ice island...gj.
  • Serg_BlackStriderSerg_BlackStrider Member Posts: 210
    edited January 2017
    Aasim said:

@Serg_BlackStrider

I have not visited Ice Island as of yet (and do not intend to pay a visit there in nearby future), moreover I'm still trying to avoid strong Mages due to lacking of usefull spells in both mine and Xan's spellbooks. But nonetheless thanks for your kind words - I'm trying my best to keep all my fellow Crew members safe :)

Aasim said:

@Serg_BlackStrider

I have not visited Ice Island as of yet (and do not intend to pay a visit there in nearby future), moreover I'm still trying to avoid strong Mages due to lacking of usefull spells in both mine and Xan's spellbooks. But nonetheless thanks for your kind words - I'm trying my best to keep all my fellow Crew members safe :)
    Yea, the Firewine, not Ice Island. I never visit any of these places (I sometimes visit Ice Island, but very rarely, Firewine scares me since I have vague memories of my party dying there....)
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    Firewine is... generally just not worth it. High chances of death due to lousy pathing through tiny corridors, pretty deadly traps, and a mage that IIRC casts Lightning Bolt in tiny corridors. And Kobold Commandos are worthless in terms of experience.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    That SCS tweak which removes the back door is rather irritating, if understandable. No desire to herd npcs down there again..
  • Serg_BlackStriderSerg_BlackStrider Member Posts: 210
    @Aasim, @Neverused, @Mantis37
    About Firewine. Worth it or not but I'm sick completionist, so... Invisible thief makes those traps irrelevant threat. Besides, Spell Revisions trivialized those Ruins even further as it makes Lightning Bolt a single target spell, so it no longer bounce off the walls. And Kobolds, well, yes, they are annoying, but at this stage they are not deadly anymore.
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 998
    I generally don't find "clearing" Firewine Ruins worth it either. But Serg is right, invisible thief takes care of traps. Also, a potion of absorption or boots of grounding + protection from lightning make dealing with the mage quite a bit easier. Just have this protected character approach alone. Pathing is a huge issue there for sure. Which is why a fighter with high missile resistance (and lighting/fire resistance if you can) makes the most sense for him to do most of it by himself/herself.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Where is the challenge in that? ;)
    My noreloads often end in firewine because I always misremember the traps...

lroumen said:

Where is the challenge in that? ;)
    My noreloads often end in firewine because I always misremember the traps...

It's not necessary to make Firewine more challenging - doing a Trilogy no-reload (Candlekeep to defeating Melissan) is plenty of challenge, and usually I fail, so hardly need to make Firewine more challenging than it needs to be.
    I would say: "Each to his taste" I don't usually do Firewine but have done in my last two runs. I vary which extra bits to do just to keep the game fresh. :)
    edited February 2017
    In the Dragonspear expansion I have discovered that, NPCs that have not been included in the Dragonspear Expansion by the devs, disappear upon arrival at the Ducal Palace. :( However mod NPCs don't. If you want to keep Tiax, Kagain etc. you need to change their name in Shadowkeeper which is a shame.

EDIT
    I could change the name of the Characters in my game as they were created by yours truly and just given tthe same name and script.
    Characters that you pick up in-game do not have editable names using Shadowkeeper. (Unless you know a bit more about Shadowkeeper than I do) :(

Let us hope that the devs in subsequent versions will allow such characters to continue to the end of the mod. If they don't, perhaps this is something that modders could do to improve the expansion.

To include Tiax, they would have to have an addendum to Tiax's conversation in the prison with words something like "Cyric has declared that Tiax the mighty will defeat all his foes bringing Chaos to the Sword Coast." His stats would also need to be adjusted to be what they should be.

Am I correct in thinking that there is currently no way of getting Tiax to join the party?
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725

Am I correct in thinking that there is currently no way of getting Tiax to join the party?

Yes, you can't get Tiax into your party in SoD.

Yes, you can't get Tiax into your party in SoD.
    I wasted a lot of time investigating the various options of reply. :(