Skip to content

Final Name the Community Magazine poll: Wild Surge or The Monthly Turnip

deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
The name for the Community Magazine is down to two suggestions: The Monthly Turnip vs Wild Surge.

Choose which name you personally feel should reflect the free monthly community magazine. Below are sample illustrations of what the corner banners may look like.

Thank you for your participation and continued support for this project.

Now Choose:
  1. Final Name the Community Magazine poll: Wild Surge or The Monthly Turnip55 votes
    1. The Monthly Turnip
      27.27%
    2. Wild Surge
      72.73%
[Deleted User][Deleted User]JuliusBorisovlolienkanisathaAerakarMoradin

Comments

• O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Everything but reference to Jansen.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    semiticgoddessCrevsDaak
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

Yeah, I'm feeling the Wild Surge, eh. :) Also, I like how you snuck in infinity. :D

When I saw the S and G, it just fit. And it is the infinity engine games. . . sooo. . .
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]CrevsDaaklolien
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    I still must vote for the Monthly Turnip.
    ThacoBelllolienwubbleOrlonKronsteen
    ArdanisCrevsDaak_Luke_
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    The fancy graphics and the edgy teenager inside me drove me away from voting for my own name suggestion, welp.
    lolien
  • winterswinters Member Posts: 252
    dunbar said:

The artwork for Wild Surge I feel is much more fitting for D&D topics, whereas the Turnip logo really does look like it belongs on a gardening magazine!

And now imagine "Monthly Turnip" in a cool Gothic font. Even more hilarious.

Monthly Turnip is something that belongs to second to last page of regular magazine. Valid, just not as the summary of the whole project.
    ronaldoCrevsDaak
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Shandyr said:

Ardanis said:

In all seriousness, I instinctively almost misread "Turnip" as "Trump". Considering how much noise is being generated around his person, I suspect the "Monthly Turnip" may invoke wrong associations with politics.

The Monthly Trump... you can get something much better! The Daily Trump, each day in the news! Check them out ;)
    Daily Trump? I do one every half hour at the least!
    [Deleted User]CrevsDaak
  • smady3smady3 Member Posts: 48
    wubble said:

Shandyr said:

Ardanis said:

In all seriousness, I instinctively almost misread "Turnip" as "Trump". Considering how much noise is being generated around his person, I suspect the "Monthly Turnip" may invoke wrong associations with politics.

The Monthly Trump... you can get something much better! The Daily Trump, each day in the news! Check them out ;)
    Daily Trump? I do one every half hour at the least!
    src="https://media2.giphy.com/media/yoJC2ybBpQifyekSyI/200.gif"

wubbleronaldo
  • Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263
    The Monthly Turnip is still my favourite, I can't lie.

Both of these options were my top two favourites, however, so I'll be far from displeased to see either of them on the cover every month.
    [Deleted User]
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Shandyr said:

I'm sure these sample illustrations have influenced the choice in this poll. The mere fact they're different is enough for people to vote. In these circumstances the actual name of the magazine pales into insignificance.

As much as I like the poll result so far, I can't deny this.

Absolutely. Graphics do heavily influence. And even if you now started a new poll without any images, the images above are already in people's minds.

So I agree with what you said I am just unsure what to do about it now.

Do you have an idea?
    Isn't it fine? I don't think the current illustrations were meant to be anything concrete anyway. So after the poll ends and we have a clear winner, brainstorming ideas for the fan magazine's logo will surely take place in another thread. Who knows what we'll end up with by then.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited February 2017
    KamigoroshiCrevsDaakwintersThacoBell
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Shandyr said:

Well, for me, it's fine anyway because I do have a preference for the Wild Surge.

But actually what @JuliusBorisov was saying that the poll should be on the names ALONE.

This whole poll processing is only for deciding on the names. But giving examples on how the logos might look like - even if they would turn out to be totally different in the end - does influence the poll.

The logo and the name should have been strictly independent and separate issues.

You must first decide on the name independently from ANY graphics at all. And after that you should decide on a logo.

I know that the logos in the opening post just serve as examples. That doesn't change the fact that they can influence the poll that is about the names only.

Sure, creating a naming poll without example illustrations is a valid approach. Just like it is a valid approach to have a set of example illustrations ready at hand when naming something. There's no right or wrong way to do these kind of things. Voters will always be under an influence, depending on their personal memories. Graphics or not. Making this a non-issue.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    edited February 2017
    Wild Surge is my vote.
    [Deleted User]
    edited February 2017
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]
    edited February 2017
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Yes, but a person should be voting for the whole package anyway.
    Kamigoroshi[Deleted User]
    CrevsDaak[Deleted User]
    JuliusBorisov