Skip to content

The change of rules on the forum

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
edited March 2017 in Site Resources
Ladies and gentlemen!

As you have noticed, today we have changed the forum guidelines.

The new rules are available here.

The old rules can be found here.

The change has been made in an attempt to make our rules up-to-date and harmonic, less personal, to unify them with the Terms of service each user has to accept when registering on this site, and to eliminate inconsistencies.

We have changed the rating of this site from "PG-13" to "Teen". PG-13 was an MPAA rating, i.e. a rating used for movies. For games there're other rating systems, one of them is ESRB, which can be used for rating sites as well, as "S" means software.

According to ESRB, "Teen" means that content is generally suitable for ages 13 and up. May contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling and/or infrequent use of strong language.

This change will exclude the mix the previous rules contained where ratings from different systems were mentioned as if they were the same thing.

Also, this change will be especially important in the wake of our next games.

Another reason is that there were inconsistencies between what we knew as the Site rules and the Terms of Service each user had to accept when registering on this site. Now the Site rules and the Terms of Service are the same.

The report "reasons" on the Flag feature have been updated.

Still, many parts of the new rules repeat our previous rules, so you should easily understand them.

When creating new forum guidelines, we used the experience from site moderation during all these years.

If you have any question about new rules, don't hesitate to ask them here!
TressetChidojuanlolienmlneveseNonnahswriterAerakar[Deleted User]wubble[Deleted User]CrevsDaakButtercheeseTroodon80smeagolheartDavidedeltagomf2112

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    I have to ask. Point 2 prohibits any advertisements of products and copyrighted material on these forums. Which would rule out crowdfunding threads for ongoing campaigns on both fig and kickstarter as well. Given such “shoutout threads“ are clearly advertisements for other developers. And thus are against the newly established rules. Have I understood this correctly?
    [Deleted User]wubbleCrevsDaakButtercheese
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    wubbleCrevsDaak
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    So, uh, what exactly is the difference to before? On the paper PG-13 and ESRB Teen look the same to me :neutral:
    Newborns get to touch boobs, usually :V
    Also early devoloping girls.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]smeagolheart
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    And moobs. Can't forget about them moobs.
    Notabarbiegirl
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    edited March 2017
    That was fast, thanks for quick reply. It looks much more clear now, especially with the remarks about "content related to Beamdog's products" and mods having "otherwise expressly stated" part. Thank again :smile:
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaaklolienRik_Kirtaniya
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    "Also, this change will be especially important in the wake of our next games"

Which are?
    ButtercheeseAstroBryGuyTroodon80CrevsDaak
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

Which are?

May contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling and/or infrequent use of strong language.

@smeagolheart - Baldur's Gate Slots? :wink:
    smeagolheartTroodon80lolienCrevsDaak
    edited March 2017
    Okay, here it is, it's Baldur's Gate pachinko.
    Time to go full Konami with this company.
    I would give my liiiiife ~ Not for honor but for youuuuuuuu ~
    *Goes crying in a corner.*
    AstroBryGuyTroodon80lolienCrevsDaak
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited March 2017

Which are?

Monitor our blog, Twitter and Facebook for announcements. :);)
    smeagolheart
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

Which are?

Monitor our blog, Twitter and Facebook for announcements. :);)
    Aw, come'on! We won't tell anyone! Promise! :sunglasses:
    ButtercheeseCrevsDaaksmeagolheart
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Giggity ;)
    CrevsDaakButtercheeseAstroBryGuy

So, the words like "sex" are still allowed.

Teehee, you said "words"!
    CrevsDaakTroodon80AstroBryGuysemiticgoddess
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    And don't get me started on Grimsby...
    [Deleted User]
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857

And moobs. Can't forget about them moobs.

...so, my obese middleschool years were rated R?
    CrevsDaak