Skip to content

V2.3 is here! (BG:EE, BGII:EE, and Siege of Dragonspear)

Comments

• islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    @JuliusBorisov Request sent, sorry for posting in a wrong place
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisovlolienCrevsDaak
  • AtroposAtropos Member Posts: 18
    Hey @JuliusBorisov or @TrentOster are either of you able to comment on the likelihood of including fixes to long-term broken achievements in Siege of Dragonspear with the next (2.4) update?

http://redmine.beamdog.com/issues/23918

http://redmine.beamdog.com/issues/25716

A lot of the community cares about these, and we haven't been able to get any responses on the forums or on the Redmine system. Thank you!
    CrevsDaakFemShep
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    FemShepAdul
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    When its done.
    bleusteelCrevsDaak
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    After the yet-unnamed project is released.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    It's a bit disappointing no more patches were released. I understnad that you have also to focus on other projects, but ....
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    Arthas said:

It's a bit disappointing no more patches were released. I understnad that you have also to focus on other projects, but ....

If I understood correctly, the next patch need more time because it would be the stable release, ready to export to IWDee.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited January 2017
    Time between patch 1.3 and 2.0 was 1,5 year, so as you can see it can takes some time.
    If I'may not mistaken 2.4 will be the 'get everything to the same level'-patch so it will naturally take more time, both in fixing bugs present in previous patches and ensuring that all the games can handle 2.4 (a bigger question for IWD:EE of course than for the BG games).
    ThacoBellPokotaCrevsDaak
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    @Etamin The time between patch 1.3 and patch 2.0 is still to be determined for some of us ;)
    CrevsDaakjackjack
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248

Blash said:

ThacoBell said:

They need to release a new game to keep profits coming in. Patches are great, but they don't keep the company running. Also, what game was left half done?

Come on. If you're really serious (I hope you're not), go and read 5 years of forum posts.
    And during these 5 years Beadmog released:

BGEE
    BG2EE
    IWDEE
    SoD

During these 5 years there have been numerous patches, 1.2, then 1.3, then 1.4 and 2.0 (for everything except for IWDEE), each patch bringing new and new features to the games, each patch fixing bugs.

And Beamdog is still planning to continue patching these games. Yes, the company have taken a pause, but the games now are pretty playable.
    This is Beamdog answer to what you righteously wrote.
  • Ryntimothy2179Ryntimothy2179 Member Posts: 9
    When or where can I get an update for the Android version of BG2:EE? I'm having issues with a crash that happens without a doubt when entering chapter 2 after leaving bayles house(the thief who tells you he can find imoen for a price). The introduction paragraph to chapter 2 plays then after selecting done it crashes and says it isn't responding. Please help!
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    edited March 2017
    I think for now just in case the Developers hit a wall for a long time, It is best if the Modding Community now focus on fixing the more serious bugs that are still left to be squashed, and so when the times comes that BeamDog Staff release 2.4v then the Community patch can become obsolete.

I call it insurance in case something happens if the BeamDog Staff can't make the goal for a long long time. Personally I think the twaddling of thumbs from the whole community here is not helping the game be patched any faster, sometimes you have to take matters into your own hands in order to get a better experience with the game.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    edited March 2017
    oops, wrong thread.
  • SharDundredSharDundred Member Posts: 6
    I hope the inventory lag issue will be fixed with the next patch as well.

I want to give the 2.XX versions a try, but this annoys me too much to try.
    It's no fun managing the inventory when it is causing lags all the time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 207
    edited March 2017
    Personally I'm just waiting for some sort of fix for shadowstep. Now that @subtledoctor shared a fix for the simulacrum bug, that's the one remaining little thing that annoys me. The game is very playable otherwise.

I suspect the next patch won't be released until summer or so.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    JuliusBorisov
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Kaliesto said:

I think for now just in case the Developers hit a wall for a long time, It is best if the Modding Community now focus on fixing the more serious bugs that are still left to be squashed, and so when the times comes that BeamDog Staff release 2.4v then the Community patch can become obsolete.

I call it insurance in case something happens if the BeamDog Staff can't make the goal for a long long time. Personally I think the twaddling of thumbs from the whole community here is not helping the game be patched any faster, sometimes you have to take matters into your own hands in order to get a better experience with the game.

I wish every issue were solvable by modders, but that's sadly not the case. Some features, like the world map panel, suffered a blow to their usability, and are hard-coded to behave in their new flawed way. It might not be realistic to expect modders to be able to reverse engineer the game in order to fix those issues.
    lolienRavenslight
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    Are you talking about the long standing issue when it came to Mega Mod Areas? Yeah, I wished that could be fixed one day.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    I'm not aware of that problem, I was more referring to the fact that travel time is currently indeterminable when it comes to traveling between certain areas. Travel time is only ever shown under named areas, which not only clutters the screen with needless, often overlapping text information, but it makes it impossible to determine travel time to unnamed areas. To fix that, travel time information would need to be removed from under the area names, and moved back into the tooltip (which is currently disabled on the world map). For tablets, another workaround should be used. Unfortunately, in the 2.0+ UI system the world map is handled as a single "block", and it isn't possible to alter its behavior in any meaningful way.
    lolien

Which of the next ones?
  • Blash said:

Which of the next ones?
    Any of them.
    Blash
  • maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    How long do we have to wait for ANY android update?
    Freakydoo
    manero said:

JuliusBorisov
    manero said:

Given past experience, I'd say from 6 to 12 months.
  • In case anyone is interested, @kjeron shared a fix for the shadowstep bugs I mentioned earlier. Read carefully, it was significantly changed, but for the better in my view.
    JuliusBorisov