Skip to content

Mini-Mod Collection

ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
edited April 2017 in General Modding
Hey guys.

There are a lot of small mods out there for the games that only change super minor stuff.
Because they are so minor, chances are good that these mods may get lost in the vast wilderness of the internet.
I think it would be cool if we could maybe collaborate into taking these mods, group them up by themes and then make single, lager mods with one single installer based on those groups.

So why don't you all go ahead and post links to whatever mini-mods you made and tag modders you know who you think could be interested in adding their mods to the mix. I'll then go ahead and see if I can group them up in a meaningful manner.

This thread can also serve as a masterlist for people to find smaller mods.

Please only submit mods you made yourselves.
I will not add any mods to the list for which I don't have the personal permission by the person/ people who made said mods.
Also please don't submit any soundsets or portraits here, these already have their own threads.

Submitted mods

Multi-Game

Class-Kits
- Arcane Archer Redone (Fighter Kit) by @Artemius_I
- Pale Master Sorcerer Kit by @Artemius_I

Tweaks
- Assassin Backstab/Critical Bonus Effects by @Artemius_I

Baldur's Gate 1

Tweaks
- Convenient Dialogue Tweaks by @Artemius_I

Siege of Dragonspear

n/a

Baldur's Gate 2

Cosmetical
- Accurate Vhailor's Helm by @Buttercheese

Misc
- Bardic Wonders by @Artemius_I

Icewind Dale

n/a

Planescape: Torment

n/a
Post edited by Buttercheese on
Troodon80VallmyrContemplative_HamsterGrammarsaladJuliusBorisovsemiticgoddessPeccaAerakar

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited April 2017
    This is an awesome idea!

I have seen a number of cool little mods that just went *poof*.

How small are we talking, here? The linked mod you have is pretty small (but, very cool, btw), but this sort of thing often happens to individual kit mods.

Edit: Oohh, what about @argent77 's archer replacement kit? Oohh, or their 'no bgee npc' mod?
    ButtercheeseTroodon80
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    edited April 2017
    Single class kits are very welcome, we could put them into one larger kit collection :)
    GrammarsaladTroodon80
    edited April 2017
    @Artemius_I has a nifty looking assassin/backstab mod.

Oohh, and I do not want to see @semiticgod 's alchemist kit go poof...

Edit: who created that shaman stronghold mod?
    ButtercheeseTroodon80

Edit: who created that shaman stronghold mod?

I wasn't aware there existed one. I know @LavaDelVortel has mentioned about working on one and I myself have been working on one, too. (Though mine is still in the concept phase, it will take a long time till I get around to finishing that one.)
    Troodon80
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,678
    edited April 2017
    @Buttercheese @Grammarsalad - Yep, I released one. It's called "Will of the Wisp - Shamanic Enhancements" and as you can read in the thread it adds:
    => the brand new shaman kit: Witchlight Shaman
    => Shaman's Stronghold and optional change of shaman's class description (erase "no stronghold" line)
    => Brand new NPC - Will, the undead witchlight shaman (available at shaman's stronghold area, which is available for every CHARNAME)
    => A mini-quest to restore a certain area's power (first Stronghold quest which is available to every PC)
    => Optional new items for shamans and exclusive items for undead NPCs (like Will or Hexxat)
    => Optional new enemy types: driders and treants (you may now encounter just few of these)

So you'll find many new dialogues, new areas, new enemies etc.
    ButtercheeseTroodon80Grammarsalad
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    I see my name's been mentioned. Well, it's true that I've made a lot of junk over the years. Actually, if we're going to do something like this I have a bunch of minor mods in my stash that are too small to be worth sharing. Here's just a few of the things I already have:

Bardic Wonders (1 bard kit + item pack)
    Assassin Backstab Bonus Effects
    Arcane Archer Fighter Kit
    Convenient Dialogue Tweaks
    Pale Master Sorcerer Kit
    ButtercheeseGrammarsalad
    @Artemius_I Thank you, I shall add them to the start post. Feel free to share whatever you have :)
    @Pecca has some great mods, a couple of which are relatively small. I'm thinking primarily about spontaneous cleric casting, but maybe also their more style for mages...
    Buttercheese
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,174
    Interesting idea. Spontaneous casting can be easily added to the collection, yeah. MSFM probably not, don't know if it's not "too big" for this but mainly it still needs a compatibility update, which I still didn't forced myself to do...
    ButtercheeseGrammarsalad
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    Wouldn't it be useful to make mod packs for similar small mods? Like a kit pack that has multiple small kits. It would make it easier to update them all at once when required.
    @GrimLefourbe That is exactly what I intend to do here ;)
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    edited April 2017
    Wow you're right, I thought I had read the OP and it was only intended to list them in a single place. How silly does that make me look :D

Maybe check out the mods included in BWS. There are a number of small mods integrated into BWS.
    Like I said, I'll only include mods with people's permissions. I don't wanna go through the trouble of tracking down modders from all across the web, so they have to submit them themselves.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Please include my Alchemist mage kit, available here.

I still need to provide an update for the Seducer thief kit.
    Buttercheese
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    All right, please also include my updated Seducer kit for thieves, available here, and my non-updated War Hulk kit for fighters, available here.
    Buttercheese