Skip to content

Forum Meet-Up West-Europe?

Comments

• ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    edited April 2017
    Anduin said:

Bruge?

I would be totally down for Bruge, it's the most beautiful town in the world.
    Alas, apparently I would have to switch trains ins Brussels apparently, and like I said, the less complicated the location is to get to, the better, imo.
    But on the other hand, it really is the most beautiful town in the world ...

PS: Since @RelSundan mentioned age, I am gonna point out that all atendees must be 18 or older or bring along an adult who'll be liable for them.
    CrevsDaaklolienTroodon80Anduin
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352

PS: Since @RelSundan mentioned age, I am gonna point out that all atendees must be 18 or older or bring along an adult who'll be liable for them.

OK, I will take with me my young protegé @RelSundan then :D Might be an odd couple, the magpie being the father of the blue dragon. It's almost like when Darth Vader reveals he is Luke's father.

RelSundan, I'M YOUR FATHER!

Bruge is said to be supoer-duper-mega-beautfyfyfull and I can go there. @Buttercheese, perhaps we should make a poll of the cities and let the (so far quite few) who said yes vote on them? Or maybe that's already your plan.
    RelSundanButtercheeseCrevsDaaklolien
    I am gonna start making polls when enough people state they wanna come :P
    SkatanCrevsDaak
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    How is this developing?

Some other stuff for ideas.

http://www.thenec.co.uk/whats-on/uk-games-expo/

is happening at the same time as...

http://www.thenec.co.uk/whats-on/collectormania/

We would need to dress up...
    CrevsDaakButtercheese
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    Birmingham is a pretty cool town. I've had a couple of good weekends there.

Full disclosure: It would also be almost offensively convenient for me personally!
    mlneveseAnduinCrevsDaak
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    i might be into this. brussels would suit me best, but i'd probably need to get time off work regardless
    AnduinCrevsDaak
    Anduin said:

How is this developing?

If we would do this as the same time as one of these cons, I would actually try to get a table at their artist alleys, if they have one ...
    AnduinCrevsDaak

Anduin said:

How is this developing?

If we would do this as the same time as one of these cons, I would actually try to get a table at their artist alleys, if they have one ...
    We could be your posse of fans!
    CrevsDaakmlneveseThacoBellButtercheese
    However... We would not be able to drink... Bruge may be better as we could drink ourselves to oblivion... Or until we get a little beer picture on the bottom right of our portrait...
    CrevsDaakmlneveselolien
    Is it Bruge. Are we going to Bruge? Let's go to Bruge.
    Skatan
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    I was paying attention right up until you said Bieber. :P
    tbone1CrevsDaakButtercheese
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @Skatan How drunk are you
    [Deleted User]tbone1CrevsDaakButtercheese
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    semiticgoddessFinneousPJCrevsDaaklolien
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    i mean if this it's happening it's about twenty minutes from my house so i'm game
    JuliusBorisovlolienCrevsDaak
    I think it's safe to assume this is not happening.
  • SquireSquire Member Posts: 511
    Probably not, lol... but honestly, from someone who has done it before, take it from me: you totally should do it, because it's great fun!

Do it! Do it! Do it!
    semiticgoddessSkatanCrevsDaak
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    edited June 2017
    Since people are so far spread across the world, and most people are just just with work or family, I'd reckon this is something that would require like a year or 6 months planning.
    Post edited by RelSundan on
    mlnevesetbone1StummvonBordwehrCrevsDaak
    What it needs is one or more persons who are willing to invest their time to make all the people who are interested but too busy (or lazy) to invest their to have everything served on a platter. Buttercheese did the first few steps, but when she took time of the forums no one stepped in and filled the gap.
    Skatan said:

What it needs is one or more persons who are willing to invest their time to make all the people who are interested but too busy (or lazy) to invest their to have everything served on a platter.

Yep pretty much. That's how we did it... one person orchestrated everything. (also helped that two of the four people lived in Sweden!)

Okay, let's talk basics... flights and accomodation. Obviously flights are going to be a factor for some people wherever we go, but accomodation costs can be mitigated if somebody is able to put people up, even if it is spreading a sleeping bag on the floor, or even in a tent in the back garden. So, relatively empty houses... unused holiday homes... if anybody has something like that, it'll help. In Sweden, one of the people owned a mountain cabin that we could all drive to and use for a few days, so... yeah, can anybody potentially put people up for a few days? That might influence the decision of where to go.
    Skatan
    I think we need a place and a time and we are good to go...
    September 9, Brugge.
    We all staying at yours then? ;)
    Haha, no.. I am swedish too, like you if Ive understood it correctly. You are welcome to meet up with me in Gbg though if you want. We can drink loads of beer and nerdily discuss the best tactics for a low-level party to take down different enemies.
    lolienAerakar
    edited June 2017
    Nope, I'm English... I flew to Sweden to meet a bunch of people. Sorry, I dunno why I thought you lived there.

People would need to stay for at least a weekend to make it worthwhile, and they'd need stuff to do there - drinking beer and nerdily discussing tactics is great for evenings but won't occupy all the time. :p

Bruges seems to be a popular option, does anybody live there who can put people up/suggest relatively cheap accomodation, and act as local tour guide? What I suggest (and I think it has been suggested before) is everyone with an idea puts forward a suggestion of where to go, including what interesting things people could do there and where they might be able to stay, then we vote on the most suitable/popular one.

Funniest thing is, I'm probably not even going to get involved, since I don't really know any of you! :D
    Skatan