Skip to content

Tresset's blind run of PST:EE (ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED (except coming from me, that is)!)

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited April 2017
    Started up again and, after convincing Awaiting-Death that he should stay alive, I went back to the clerk ward. Heading south I found Nemelle, who the stone face told me to seek. She gave me the blasted command word I was just asking about... Kind of annoying that I was just on the cusp of finding it when I asked... Anyway, she was looking for a friend so I agreed to help her with that. There was also a drunk mage there with a Mug of Ever-Frosty Beverages. Neat thing.

*cough* Well... that was quite... anticlimactic... I used the decanter and he just... joined me... for whatever reason... CN alright... He seems like a total barmy nut! His girlfriend simply vanished too, which was... odd... I guess it is time to talk to him now...

O... K... So he can torture me and permanently decrease my HP in exchange for some rather dopey spells... Great... He also can kill me permanently... Great... I don't think I will be keeping this one in my group for very long...
    Post edited by Tresset on
    mlneveseJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    minor spoiler about farming
    If you need farming now, there's a better place not far from your position
    TressetJuliusBorisov
    You know, I have always wondered why it is called "farming"... I find that "hunting" would often be a far more appropriate term for what is going on...
    PibaromlneveseJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    i saw the difference as:

when you hunt, you go into a wide area and try to find stuff, one time per thing.

in farming, you know pretty exactly where the stuff is, gathering it is routine and it comes back when you leave for a time
    TressetCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
    edited April 2017
    Ok, guys. I found a bug with Force Missiles and because of this I am considering teaching my Nameless Blacksphere in its place by using the console. Again, I hate to cheat on my first run, but bugs really get to me...

Edit: Crap... Blacksphere has the same bug...
    CrevsDaakPibaromlneveseJuliusBorisov
    edited April 2017
    Well... I set the dungeon to hard and the treasure drops increased in value a bit. The constructs increased greatly in difficulty, but I was able to work my way to the evil wizard and slay him, at least for now... I suppose he does come back. That was a cool spell he cast, which I now have a scroll for.
    PibaromlneveseCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
    Returning to the clerk's ward I entered an art gallery. While looking at a painting of a night hag I regained a memory of some sort... it reminded me of the story Morte told to Yves Tale-Chaser... Was that a true story he told? Was it about me? I then spoke to the curator, Yvana, and found out she was the mother of Yves and that they had not been on speaking terms. I told Yvana why Yves had left her and she said that she would seek her out again. Kinda feeling strange, I decided to stop for now.
    mlneveseCrevsDaakPibaroJuliusBorisov
    Feeling a bit better, I went to a tailor and did a fetch quest where I got a dustman costume for some party. I then had to get him a godsman costume because dustman costumes were apparently commonplace. While I was at the tailor I, uh, "bought" some new outfits for Annah and Grace. Next I found a fortune teller that told me I had no fortune before giving me a mysterious sealed scroll. How odd... The scroll was a trap! I survived, but this just deepens the mystery... Returning to the fortune teller about this told me nothing. Next I decided I would try to unpetrify the statue of the mad mage in the art gallery with my gorgon salve, knowing full well how dumb an idea this would be. Before I did this, however I broke off a piece of the statue with the forge hammer I got from the godsman building. Applying the gorgon salve to the statue turned out to be as disastrous for me as I had imagined. I died but, to my surprise, Morte appeared to have learned more taunts as I died. Awesome, I guess. Doing this made me lose my lawful alignment, but that shouldn't matter too much, should it? After this I decided to kill the Evil Wizard again and stop for now.
    Montresor_SPCrevsDaakPibaroJuliusBorisov
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisov
    @subtledoctor uh... That is a good question, actually... Perhaps its because of my OC... I kinda want everyone to be around the same level, or at least be around the same level of competence... I probably have grinded a bit too much in this run.
    CrevsDaakQueegonJuliusBorisov
    Traveled back to the Clerk's Ward and looked around some more. I found a drunk girl with toadys that tried to pick a fight with me. Grace stepped in and scolded her for doing so... Apparently they knew each other. Next I spoke to Salabesh the Onyx. He spoke of a curse that he put on someone once that sounded a lot like Reekwind's curse. When asked about this he directed me to one Jumble Murdersense who was in the festhall. I wonder if he is lying about this... After this I spoke to a long-winded man named Able-Ponder-Thought. He seemed very interested in Morte, but didn't have much to say which I didn't already know. At this point I remembered that I had to get ready for something so I stopped.
    CrevsDaakPibaroJuliusBorisov
    @subtledoctor after thinking a bit more on your question I realized that there isn't a whole lot of combat in this game, at least not that I have come across so far. Grinding also helps me get my action fix, you know, a chance to use my powers in battle for once.
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I just finished a playthrough, and I also did a decent amount of grinding. I mostly did it because I wanted to play with cool toys (expensive items/high level spells). Torment isn't really about combat, so being over/underpowered wasn't really something I was too concerned about.
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
    Speaking to Able-Ponder-Thought again, he noticed Nordom and grew quite concerned about his rogue status and offered to contact someone to deal with the situation. I doubt he actually will, but I suppose I may have to watch out for stuff like this in the future. Next I met an advocate named Iannis and after a few questions I found out that he was Deionarra's father! He told me a bit about her and I told him that I was the man she ran away with. He asked me to return to him should I ever find out what happened to her. After this I thought I would try picking some pockets. It turns out the people here are loaded with goodies! I returned to the lower ward and spoke to Korur. He increased my proficiency in daggers to +++ before I switched back to being a mage with Dak'kon's help.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Whaaaaaat? So that's why I could never get it to work on late-game spellcasters. I thought they just had inherently good saves. Well then. Thanks for figuring that out. :D
    PibaroCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
    Went to the Civic Festhall where I met a headless guy running around looking for his head. Next, I met Jolmi who gave me 2000 jink just for the experience of killing me... These sensates are odd people... Next I spoke to Splinter, who seems to be the doorman here. I was able to convince him that I was once a member of the sensates long ago by telling him of my experience of waking up in the Mortuary and he allowed me to view his store. I bought the scroll of power word blind from him. Picking his pocket netted me a scroll of Cloak of Warding which I taught to Dak'kon. Next I spoke to Juliette's lover Montague. I gave him the love letters I found and he thought he would let this fictitious other man have her. I then told him it was a ruse and suggested he take Morte's advice and try to ignore her a bit. Returning to the brothel Juliette seemed upset by his supposed disinterest but at least she got what she wanted I guess... I hope things work out for them. I then met what the Clerk's Ward calls thugs. Annah was unimpressed. They had a a head in a box that appeared to belong to the headless guy in the Festhall. My own head started to feel funny at this point so I stopped for now.
    After returning the head to his body I met Qui-Sai who taught me to improve my AC by 1 point (not that it matters much with my Magus Shield). I then convinced him to train me and he told me to meet him in the training room. After this I listened to a very long lecture on the blood war and asked plenty of questions about it. While doing this I recovered a memory of a march to meet some old hag through some horrid landscape. Next, in the training room, I found that Qui-Sai had nothing further to teach me, unfortunately. Also unfortunate, my headache got worse at this point so I had to stop.
    PibaroCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
    With medication taken to reduce the pain of my headache I continued exploring the Festhall, picking pockets and looting as I went. In a side room I found a dodecahedron of some sort. I was able to puzzle through the combinations and avoid several traps it had by regaining memories about it until I had it opened. It appeared to be a journal written in a strange language... MY journal maybe? I kinda doubt it... I also found a scroll of Fire and Ice and, while I do want Nameless to learn all the spells he can, I figured that this spell was needed more in Dak'kon's book since he had 3 level 5 slots and 0 spells to put in them. I spoke to Unfulfilled-Desire next. She asked me if I wanted something. First I told her about my want for magic spells and when she drained me I figured I should reload and say I wanted her instead so she could drain that want. Joke's on her in that case! At least I hope so...
    Next I decided to see if I could find the mage trainer so I went to the public sensorium. There I found Lady Thorncombe and tried to get her to teach me but she had no desire to, being a stone addict. I told Salabesh the Onyx about this and he began plans to replace her. I then told Lady Thorncombe about his plan to replace her and she changed her mind about retiring and returned to teach. I was then able to buy some nice scrolls from her, including, finally, a level 6 spell for my level 6 slots! Yay, Chain Lightning Storm! I also got Cone of Cold for Dak'kon because Fire and Ice turned out to be a bit bugged at the moment (Cone of Cold is probably better anyway). Next I asked who the thieves trainer was and it turned out to be Eli Havelock who I saw out by the brothel. I conviced Eli to return to the training room for a good chunk of XP. I asked Splinter about the dodecahedron and he directed me to seek out Finam the Linguist in his house. I spoke to Finam and he told me of a student murdering his father who was the only one who knew the language. Speaking to his father who was in the urn in the house I learned the language again... and that I was the student who killed him (great, another me-jerk). I told the father of this, and, to my surprise he understood and forgave me for the offense. I was still asked by Finam to recover his research journal from the brothel so I will do that next. I found Finam's book and returned it to him. In return he gave me his father's notes on the language (which I assume I no longer need). I then read the dodecahedron which was indeed a journal of one of my incarnations. It was full of insane ramblings, but some of them seemed to have useful info. I recognize one of the sections as being also written in my trap tomb. Perhaps this trap tomb was built to catch... Ravel herself? Who knows. Most of it didn't make much sense... I now feel like doing another Rubikon run so I can test my new Chain Lightning Storm spell.
    Small update: While I was wandering around Rubikon several of my companions gained significant levels. When Morte leveled up Ingres's Teeth reached their maximum power level and gained a paralyzing effect! Dak'kon leveled up and his Streaming Blade reached its final form as well. Grace leveled up and gained level 6 spell (there was only one which she could learn). Awesome!
    SethDavisCrevsDaakPibaroJuliusBorisov
    @karl_maulder Yeah, he just reached level 14 when I went to the Rubikon after the above update. I also forgot to mention that I checked back at Fell's place shortly after reaching level 12 and got the Tattoo of the Magi which gave me tons of level 1 and 2 spells to mess with. Other than that, I haven't really found any that interest me lately.
    CrevsDaakmlneveseJuliusBorisov
    Small update again. Played around with my level 7 spell, Blade Storm, in the Rubikon today. I also found another bug, this time with the Aid spell. Aid should increase both current and maximum HP when cast, right? Well, it only increases maximum HP at the moment.
    JuliusBorisovmlneveseCrevsDaak
    edited May 2017
    I decided I would try joining the Godsmen to see what would happen if I did. I am not sure which faction I want to join for real yet, so this will just be experimental.

I spoke with Keldor and asked to join the Godsmen. He instructed me to forge something out of iron as a test. After obtaining the ore and necessary tools I decided to forge an axe. Keldor appeared to be impressed with my axe and gave me my next test: Solve a murder mystery. I spoke to Alissa about it and she named 3 suspects: Thildon, Saros, and Bedai-Lihn. I am keeping Alissa on my list for now as well though. I spoke to Thildon and he suggested Saros may be responsible. Saros suggested it was Thildon. He gave me Thildon's awl which he claimed to see Thildon drop as he was sneaking away from the murder scene. Bedai-Lihn said she found the murder after working on the secret project and she cannot go under Keldor's spell because of her oath to keep the project secret. Confronting Thildon with his awl made him say Saros was just trying to frame him. Confronting Saros with this made him say Thildon had no proof. Now Thildon says both Saros and Bedai-Lihn are Anarchists. Now Saros admits he is an anarchist and that he planted the awl, but he still says Thildon committed the crime. Confronting Thildon about this made him all but admit to the crime by asking if he could flee before they came for him. Not sure now if I should implicate Saros or not now...

Edit: I decided not to implicate Saros. The next quest I had was to prevent a high ranking member of the order from killing himself. This was fairly easy to do by knowing godsman beliefs. Returning to Keldor I took my oath and viewed his store. He had a nice dagger which was a great improvement on the one I already had. I also had some confusion in trying to view the secret project of theirs, but was able to sort it out. It looked like they were trying to build a cannon of some sort.
    After seeing what I got for joining the Godsmen I tried to join the Dustmen to see what would happen then. When I spoke to Emoric it turned out that I had already done all that he asked of me for my tests. What I got for joining the Dustmen appeared to mainly be a couple of exclusive Embalming spells. I don't really care much for the dusties anyway so I know that faction is not for me. It appears that I already have all the benefits of being a Sensate so right now I am leaning towards being a Godsman. I do wonder if there are any other factions out there that are options for me... Despite my concerns, I think I will become a Godsman. After taking the oath I spoke to Sarossa and she increased my wisdom by 1 permanently! Next I viewed the secret cannon project and asked questions about it of the workers there.

After this I tried giving the fiend's tongue to Ecco and she started cursing involuntarily. I guess I need the deva tears for her too... I bought the deva tears with a promissory note that Ecco gave me and returning to her was able to soothe the fiend's tongue. She then told me that she suspected Kesai-Serris was a child of Ravel! I asked Kesai-Serris about this and she got angry. She did not want to believe that it was true.

I then went to the Festhall to listen to the other two lectures that I had been saving for later. They appear to be there just for lore reasons. I think I may stop for now...