Skip to content

All you wanted to know about the next Beamdog's project

Comments

• CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    Gosh, stop this BG3 nonsense. The story is over. If you want copy of BG, go play POE.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Cvijeta said:

Gosh, stop this BG3 nonsense. The story is over. If you want copy of BG, go play POE.

This is what happens when you never played PoE, you says stuff... silly stuff.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Yeah, clearly if you're tired of BG you play either IWD or PST... Diablo only if you're a degenerate. ;)
  • DrakeICNDrakeICN Member Posts: 623

Cvijeta said:

IDGI PoE is like they took everything good about BG and refined it and everything bad about BG and threw in the trash. PoE have by some been called the spiritual successor of BGII and I cant help but agree.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    DrakeICN said:

Cvijeta said:

IDGI PoE is like they took everything good about BG and refined it and everything bad about BG and threw in the trash. PoE have by some been called the spiritual successor of BGII and I cant help but agree.
    I should really try It then.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Self proclaimed spiritual successor mind you. I think they tried too hard. I cannot get through PoE.
    I fail to see how the combat system and health system are better than in bg/Iwd/pst (I heal up to full health but really I am not at full health). I dislike the campfire thing, it just makes me walk back to town very often. Every person I talk to dumps an overwhelming regurgitation of confusing lore onto me more than the size of all baldurs gate lore books combined. All those emotes in the text... Pst did that in a flowing manner; PoE just loses me.
    The main thing that captures me in PoE are the graphics and the npcs. The classes are interesting, though their jobs inside a team are not all that clear. The customisable mercenaries are a smart addition.
    I need to give it another chance. I know I will finish it at some point.

For beamdog, I really hope that their next game is their current games. They set up the engine so nicely for expansion and then to not do anything with it anymore is just weird to me. They could start by putting up more patches. It should be easy to push bug fixes through the android store for instance but I have yet to see one. It should be easy for them to include new campaigns in the trend of black pits or even start a story on the side entwined with the bhaalspawn story but not about the bhaalspawn itself and have that as a module in the game.
    Ah, one can hope...

A 5th edition game would be welcome too though.
  • DrakeICNDrakeICN Member Posts: 623
    Have to disagree with you there. Combat is based around encounters, and you have a limited set of skills and limited health for each encounter, making it more challenging. And you dont have to talk to every backer-made character... in fact, they serve no purpose in the game, other than projecting the backers Mary Sue.
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    Combat in PoE seems surprisingly limited to me in comparison to BG, and very clunky - no matter how I try, I cannot position my fighters so they protect the mage. It's an okay game and has some edges over BG though (e. g. resting system). :)
    Abilities maybe, but it is still strange that each encounter I regenerated some spells.

Health, not so much. If I go into an encounter at 50/100, then take 10 damage, cast healing for 15, end encounter, it makes no sense that I am still only at 50/100 instead of 55/100.

As for npcs, this is about npcs important for the story, not the silly ones that have at most 4 lines of text.

Nah, I need to sit down for PoE and try it again and look past these things.
    You are quite right. Apologies for the tangent
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    deltago said:
    You know, I thought about that joke and decided not to.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    lroumen said:

You are quite right. Apologies for the tangent

Heck, this thread is being used for anything anyway, except for Beamdog to offer any reliable information about their next game! :wink::grin:
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Did you all see the Cow picture from the other thread?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited August 2017
    On topic posts are off topic here :wink: It's almost like the Meme threads that have so many tangents it has slipped in a completely different dimension just to go back on topi all of a sudden :)

And everyone knows the next game is Rise of the Gazebo anyway....
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited August 2017
    Objection! We know it will feature minotaurs and headman's axes. If it features chickens and cows as well it will no doubtly be Harvest Moon ~ Dark Soul style.

Just imagine: collecting the eggs of cockatrices before breakfast, then moving on to milking the minotaurs in their endless labyrinth pens and proceeding in letting Shub-Niggurath's cute little goats out onto the cities fields to graze. All while hearing Gravedigger: Baphomet in the background! It will be an diary experience for the whole family!
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    The axes look a bit pimped out but other than that I'm glad we're getting some info! B)
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    I hope they will give us some details about the upcoming game. I do not want to guess. I want the thruth!

@Aedan The truth is out there...
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    mlnevese said:

@Aedan The truth is out there...
    Cue X-Files music.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @mlnevese
    My post was an attemp to bring the discussion in topic... but I love the X-Files series, so I will indulge on this off topic! :p
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    mlnevese said:
    I'm going to be whistling this all day now. Which beats the simpsons tune I had stuck in my head for the last two days :)
    Hey I did something good! (alignment shift good +2)