Skip to content

The General Questions Thread

Comments

• TamukinskiTamukinski Member Posts: 2
    hi, i made a fighter/mage/rogue lvl 40/30/50 with full xp cap removal. when i reach lvl 50 rogue, i dont get any further xp. But i once was able to make lvl 50/50/50 char. Has anyone an idea how i could fix the problem?
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    @Tamukinski , i moved your question here in the hope of a faster answer.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited June 2017
    Does SCS require a new save to kick off or can I install it during a game?

• WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    Question: Is it okay for me to post a playthrough of a non IE game on the forum? Specifically, a pre-IE 2nd Edition SSI game that I think BG fans might get a kick out of.
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376

Question: Is it okay for me to post a playthrough of a non IE game on the forum? Specifically, a pre-IE 2nd Edition SSI game that I think BG fans might get a kick out of.

I wouldn't see why not in Off-Topic, in particular that there are already threads devoted to other games.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    edited August 2017

When you say "pre-IE 2nd Edition SSI game," are we talking about the Dark Sun games, or are we talking Gold Box?
    Pokota said:

When you say "pre-IE 2nd Edition SSI game," are we talking about the Dark Sun games, or are we talking Gold Box?
    I'm gonna try to do Dark Sun: Shattered Lands as well as Wake of the Ravager, with the same team.
    Pokota
    Ooooh yes. I did videos of Shattered Lands last year, but never did Ravager since I'm (a) not very familiar with it and (2) it's buggy as hell at the best of times.

Are you using the default team or a custom one?
    I'm gonna use a custom team, can't venture forth without my fighter/druid/preserver ;)

Oh yes, Shattered Lands has its share of bugs too, but i've done a few runtroughs by now so I think i can avoid em with diligent saving
    edited August 2017
    I don't think there's too much in Shattered Lands that's game-ending (aside from those times when the final battles simply don't start, which I would love to reverse-engineer the game and find out why that happens), though there are a few broken quests (getting the Shadow spell from A'Poss comes to mind).
    Pokota said:

I don't think there's too much in Shattered Lands that's game-ending (aside from those times when the final battles simply don't start, which I would love to reverse-engineer the game and find out why that happens), though there are a few broken quests (getting the Shadow spell from A'Poss comes to mind).

There's a bug that happened to me a few times in Shattered Lands where character 1 turned into an item sinkhole with all inventory spaces turned blank but unusuable and any items given to them dissapeared.

But yeah generally it is more stable.
    Do you get healed if hit by elemental damage when having over 100% resistance against that element?
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited August 2017
    Heya, getting my feet wet again after a long absence. I did a search for this and got lots of different threads on it but I admit I'm stumped:

I have SoD installed and am playing BG2EE. To use custom NPC portraits I tried creating the Override folder at C: Program Files (x86)/Baldurs Gate II Enhanced Edition/Data/00783 where the chitin.key is located but the custom portrait I placed there for Imoen doesn't appear in-game. (I'm using just the L .bmp portrait, as from what I've that's all that's needed.) Any suggestions?
    Post edited by Lemernis on
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    The L portrait is all that's needed for custom portraits for your characters. I'm pretty sure you need all three to override an NPC portrait.
    JuliusBorisovAerakarlolien
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited August 2017
    Shikao said:

Do you get healed if hit by elemental damage when having over 100% resistance against that element?

I believe so.
    ShikaoJuliusBorisov
    ThacoBell said:

Shikao said:

I believe so.
    Thanks =D This should open options for some silly tactics with Dragon Disciple XD
    BillyYank said:

The L portrait is all that's needed for custom portraits for your characters. I'm pretty sure you need all three to override an NPC portrait.

Thanks, tried adding the M and S portraits but still no good.
  • CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    edited August 2017
    Is it safe to delete lua edit files in baldur.lua file...
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Lemernis Make sure the file names are correct. If it still doesn't work for you, you can change portraits using the EEKeeper.
    Lemernis
    @JuliusBorisov Filenames are correct, but I forgot about EEKeeper, thanks!
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    What uncapper mod do y'all recommend for BG:EE? I want to get back into the game, but I'd really like to be able to level to an unfair degree in the first game.
    AerakarJuliusBorisov
    @Elrandir, if all you want is to have no restrictions on levelling up then simple cap remover will be enough for you. Like this one made by @mlnevese
    mlneveseElrandir[Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    Thanks guys. Knew I could count on y'all to provide a speedy answer.
    JuliusBorisov
  • TranscendedOneTranscendedOne Member Posts: 25
    Does anyone know if we can see the tomb of elemental evil/Ice wind dale 2 Enhance Editions in the near future?
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208

Does anyone know if we can see the tomb of elemental evil/Ice wind dale 2 Enhance Editions in the near future?

Icewind Dale 2 is questionable since the original code seems to be lost.

@JuliusBorisov, do you know if there is any new information?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    No news on that front.
    Elrandir
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Why does Dynaheir have slow poison as a special ability? Is there any lore reason for that?
    edited September 2017
    Would the Big-Fisted Belt be effective for anti-Illithid equipment if brought into SoA? My understanding is that it sets INT to 6, which would raise lowered INT.